Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Worse than Sopa and Pipa (added 1 more video)
Worse than Sopa and Pipa (added 1 more video)
Apr 5 2012, 6:23 pm
By: Tempz
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Apr 6 2012, 5:55 pm DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Anyway, Fight for the Future told me to tell you guys:
[quote]Dear --,

Can you believe this? After the largest online protest in history, the Obama administration is still voicing support for SOPA.
But but but Obama didn't support SOPA. :|

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 6 2012, 6:05 pm Sacrieur Post #22

Still Napping

Yeah, the guy put his foot against the issue.

None.

Apr 6 2012, 6:32 pm FatalException Post #23

Here, have an official executive branch statement on the issue. Basically, they don't support censorship, but they do support getting rid of piracy somehow and soon.

None.

Apr 12 2012, 1:23 am TiKels Post #24

Not sure where to post this. It's above shoutbox quality but doesn't warrant a topic on its own...

THROW IT IN THE NEXT PRIVACY TOPIC YOU FIND they said.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 27 2012, 8:33 am DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2012/h192

Looks like this passed. And the internet continues as usual.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 27 2012, 9:09 am Sacrieur Post #26

Still Napping

Yeah until they raid SEN's servers because we're harboring alleged pirated sc2 copies.

Just look how many guys it took to get Kim Dotcom. Imagine how difficult it will be for them to capture teenagers who sit on the computer all day. They may need to bring a tank.

None.

Apr 27 2012, 6:17 pm lil-Inferno Post #27

Just here for the pie

Quote from DevliN
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2012/h192

Looks like this passed. And the internet continues as usual.
It passed the House. It still has to go through the Senate and Obama.

Apr 27 2012, 6:18 pm DevliN Post #28

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

And it probably will. :awesome:

EDIT:
Unless Obama thinks it will harm him not to veto it in an election year. I don't think it would do that much damage to him, though.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 27 2012, 6:25 pm by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 25 2012, 3:02 am UnholyUrine Post #29

The Fallacy of Copyright Statisticians

Pretty astonishing how badly math can be deployed.

on other news

Korea to ban [some parts of] eTrading

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2012, 3:08 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Jun 25 2012, 3:05 am Jack Post #30

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Not all e-Trading, just game item trading for real money. RMAH JUST GOT PWNED

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 1 2012, 7:05 am Leon-037 Post #31

http://dottech.org/tech-news/28447/isps-in-the-usa-to-start-monitoring-customers-downloads-starting-july-1-2012/

None.

Jul 1 2012, 7:12 am Sacrieur Post #32

Still Napping

Oh well, guess I have to download Tor. :rolleyes:

None.

Jul 1 2012, 7:39 am Jack Post #33

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Sacrieur
Tor's purty slow as far as I know. Some of us at SEN should set up an encrypter-proxy network for all SENners to use. Encrypts the request, sends the request through several of the online PCs of SENners, decrypts it before sending it to the server being requested from (last PC on the chain should be outside the USA ideally) and then back again. Of course, people would have to opt in to using it.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 1 2012, 8:01 am Sacrieur Post #34

Still Napping

All of this oppression by the MPAA/RIAA really makes me not want to buy anything related to them ever.

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Before, I may have bought it to support the artists or what have you, now NOPE. And if you think that means pirating, you're mistaken. I'll go out of my way not to buy things I want to buy. This is this only thing people are going to do, and it's going to cost them more sales, but that's not my problem.

None.

Jul 1 2012, 1:38 pm TiKels Post #35

How do I find out if I'm being monitored?

Edit: I should probably mention that my provider is Frontier.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 1 2012, 2:09 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 1 2012, 3:07 pm rayNimagi Post #36

Quote from TiKels
You probably already are.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Jul 1 2012, 9:51 pm Sacrieur Post #37

Still Napping

Quote from TiKels

Edit: I should probably mention that my provider is Frontier.

Frontier communications doesn't appear to be part of the agreement, but that doesn't mean you're not being monitored. Everyone's privacy is at risk, really.

None.

Jul 1 2012, 10:13 pm Oh_Man Post #38

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Oh. My. God.

My lightbulb... could be their camera??!

Jul 4 2012, 8:22 pm TiKels Post #39

Quote from Jack
Quote from Sacrieur
Tor's purty slow as far as I know. Some of us at SEN should set up an encrypter-proxy network for all SENners to use. Encrypts the request, sends the request through several of the online PCs of SENners, decrypts it before sending it to the server being requested from (last PC on the chain should be outside the USA ideally) and then back again. Of course, people would have to opt in to using it.
Is anything like this being worked on atm? I would pay minerals.

-NudeRaider

Jul 4 2012, 8:54 pm Roy Post #40

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from TiKels
Quote from Jack
Quote from Sacrieur
Is anything like this being worked on atm? I would pay minerals.
Get a VPN.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum