Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Worse than Sopa and Pipa (added 1 more video)
Worse than Sopa and Pipa (added 1 more video)
Apr 5 2012, 6:23 pm
By: Tempz
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jul 4 2012, 9:10 pm Lanthanide Post #41

Quote from TiKels
Quote from Jack
Quote from Sacrieur
Oh well, guess I have to download Tor. :rolleyes:
Tor's purty slow as far as I know. Some of us at SEN should set up an encrypter-proxy network for all SENners to use. Encrypts the request, sends the request through several of the online PCs of SENners, decrypts it before sending it to the server being requested from (last PC on the chain should be outside the USA ideally) and then back again. Of course, people would have to opt in to using it.
Is anything like this being worked on atm? I would pay minerals.
LOL! You'd have to be insane to sign up for something like that.

TOR works because it is a large distributed network. Something as proposed above would have, I imagine, at most 10 exit nodes and maybe 20-30 users at most. That's not very anonymous at all.

None.

Jul 4 2012, 9:21 pm Fire_Kame Post #42

wth is starcraft

Ugh. I hate VPN's. I only use them out of necessity...if you're implying SEN is going to need a VPN just to log on I'm out :massimo:

Jul 4 2012, 9:29 pm TiKels Post #43

Quote from Roy
Quote from TiKels
Quote from Jack
Quote from Sacrieur
Oh well, guess I have to download Tor. :rolleyes:
Tor's purty slow as far as I know. Some of us at SEN should set up an encrypter-proxy network for all SENners to use. Encrypts the request, sends the request through several of the online PCs of SENners, decrypts it before sending it to the server being requested from (last PC on the chain should be outside the USA ideally) and then back again. Of course, people would have to opt in to using it.
Is anything like this being worked on atm? I would pay minerals.
Get a VPN.
None of them accept minerals.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 4 2012, 9:32 pm Roy Post #44

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from TiKels
Neither does your ISP.

Jul 4 2012, 9:37 pm TiKels Post #45

Quote from Roy
Quote from TiKels
Neither does your ISP.
I live with my parents (for the moment). They are paying for the internet. I lack the ability to covertly pay for such a service or convince my parents that it's a good thing to do.

Do you think if I called my ISP they'd tell me if they are monitoring my usage? What if I didn't claim to be a customer or anything, that I was just inquiring because I was thinking of switching services to them?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 4 2012, 9:41 pm Fire_Kame Post #46

wth is starcraft

If you call from a landline they'll link your phone number to their service package for the location. Actually, they have satellites that detect when certain key phrases are used while accessing the internet, one of the phrases is an influx in using terms like "monitoring" or "usage" or "ISP" all in the same sentence. Even if they weren't monitoring you before bro, they surely are now.

Jul 4 2012, 9:42 pm Roy Post #47

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from TiKels
Do you think if I called my ISP they'd tell me if they are monitoring my usage? What if I didn't claim to be a customer or anything, that I was just inquiring because I was thinking of switching services to them?
You're going to ask them if they are actively violating the agreement they signed with the RIAA/MPAA?

Jul 4 2012, 10:01 pm TiKels Post #48

Quote from Roy
Quote from TiKels
You're going to ask them if they are actively violating the agreement they signed with the RIAA/MPAA?
I'm going to ask them if they made such an agreement. Nowhere has Frontier listed as having made such an agreement because it's not quite as big as something like comcast. The thing is that I don't even -know- if I'm being monitored yet.

Quote from Fire_Kame
If you call from a landline they'll link your phone number to their service package for the location. Actually, they have satellites that detect when certain key phrases are used while accessing the internet, one of the phrases is an influx in using terms like "monitoring" or "usage" or "ISP" all in the same sentence. Even if they weren't monitoring you before bro, they surely are now.
Nuclear Troll detected.

-NudeRaider

Jul 5 2012, 6:37 am Sacrieur Post #49

Still Napping

This really is the tip of the iceberg, quantum cryptology is going to be used eventually once it becomes practical, among even more sophisticated techniques to hide pirating. It's a HUGE waste of money.

None.

Jul 6 2012, 5:33 am Dem0n Post #50

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from TiKels
They are paying for the internet. I lack the ability to covertly pay for such a service or convince my parents that it's a good thing to do.
It's not a good idea. Why do you need to hide your activities? How much do you pirate?

Jul 7 2012, 2:06 pm ClansAreForGays Post #51

Quote from Sacrieur
This really is the tip of the iceberg, quantum cryptology is going to be used eventually once it becomes practical, among even more sophisticated techniques to hide pirating. It's a HUGE waste of money.
Quantum cryptology isn't practical at all and won't any time remotely soon.

Jul 9 2012, 3:38 am TiKels Post #52

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
Quote from TiKels
They are paying for the internet. I lack the ability to covertly pay for such a service or convince my parents that it's a good thing to do.
It's not a good idea. Why do you need to hide your activities? How much do you pirate?
If I did pirate, it would be roughly once a month.
Quote from TiKels
Quote from Roy
Quote from TiKels
I'm going to ask them if they made such an agreement. Nowhere has Frontier listed as having made such an agreement because it's not quite as big as something like comcast. The thing is that I don't even -know- if I'm being monitored yet.
Nobody said if this is a bad idea yet.

-NudeRaider

Jul 9 2012, 4:12 pm Dem0n Post #53

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Once a month probably wouldn't even warrant a warning/fine. And since you're going to be at college for the most part, you're not going to be able to pirate anyways. They block stuff like that.

Oh god, I just realized.. When I go to college, I'm going to be back on shitty Comcast... I'm going to miss my Verizon. :hurr:

Jul 9 2012, 4:25 pm Fire_Kame Post #54

wth is starcraft

How do you game with Verizon? We looked at Verizon hotspots, it would've been obtrusively expensive for us to use a hotspot because of how much data gaming uses. Unless they have a full service where you are? The only thing they offered us were their little jetpack-add ons with cell service.

Jul 10 2012, 5:35 pm Dem0n Post #55

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I've got their phone+internet+tv package thing. It's fast as hell, and only like $100 a month or something.

Jul 10 2012, 10:28 pm NudeRaider Post #56

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Wow is Internet in USA generally this expensive? Here we get that for like 50€

Jul 10 2012, 10:46 pm DevliN Post #57

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Internet alone isn't that expensive. These bundles put the internet, a home phone line, and TV channels together for that amount.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 10 2012, 10:49 pm Vrael Post #58

Quote from NudeRaider
You also get like 6 KB/sec. We get like 6 MB/sec.

None.

Jul 10 2012, 11:32 pm Fire_Kame Post #59

wth is starcraft

Quote from NudeRaider
Internet (I think) will probably be about 50-60 USD for us, because we aren't going to bundle it. Cell is going to be probably $45/phone, and it'll have a data package, but they throttle after you use so much data (I think 3 GB?)...it isn't the cost of internet that is bothering me, it's the cost of cell service. christ. AT&T is so expensive...how are they still in business?

Jul 11 2012, 4:13 am Sacrieur Post #60

Still Napping

Europe has faster and cheaper connections, usually.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum