Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Killer's Game #3
The Killer's Game #3
Jan 24 2012, 12:47 pm
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 1330 >

Feb 5 2012, 5:27 pm TiKels Post #201

So I heard a rumor that inf killed aristocrat.

Can anyone confirm this?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 5 2012, 5:54 pm Roy Post #202

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

After talking to Aristocrat, he insists that he is dead and that all players should now let their guard down, especially independents.

Seems legit.

Feb 5 2012, 7:06 pm poison_us Post #203

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
I character hasn't killed, nor has my character made a hostile action in this entire game, poison. In fact, your character has exerted more desire to hurt others than mine.
Granted, but you know what my exact actions were. My intent was to protect players that I have no reason to harm than to harm players for no reason.

Quote from Roy
And it would be impossible for me to not be a killer if I kill Aristocrat: I acknowledge and accept this. However, my agenda is not to kill others in general, which is the meaning behind the quoted statement.

(And that's not irony.)
So it's not ironic that you would kill someone in order to prevent killing? More importantly, if we take your word that neither of you two are the "killer" role, then would that not still leave us with two killers?

Quote from Roy
After talking to Aristocrat, he insists that he is dead and that all players should now let their guard down, especially independents.

Seems legit.
It's not. I carried his body with me to have sexytime. I bound and gagged him up, because "MMPFH!" is not a no.

Feb 5 2012, 7:31 pm Roy Post #204

Quote from poison_us
So it's not ironic that you would kill someone in order to prevent killing?
Your original statement was that is was ironic that I "won't be a killer, despite having killed." That's not irony; it's factually impossible.

Killing Aristocrat isn't to prevent killing, it's to protect all those to which he poses a threat. That involves preventing them from being killed. Since I can't cover ground for every player in the game, the most reasonable course of action would be to remove the threat. It's slightly different than the simplified version you're trying to present.

Quote from poison_us
It's not. I carried his body with me to have sexytime. I bound and gagged him up, because "MMPFH!" is not a no.
Also, to all players: don't attempt something like this, or you may very well die from a stroke. Yes, it's a rule.

Feb 5 2012, 7:47 pm The Starport Post #205

You leave west. You look around the room, which seems to be an extension of the surrounding areas. It is tiled identically to the area you were in before, with the noticeable difference being that the ceiling is not two stories above you, but merely one. It is a fairly plain ceiling, with recessed lights illuminating the room. Large columns extend from the floor to the ceiling at the northeast and southeast corners of the room. The area continues north, east, and south, and there is a hallway that leads west. A sign above the passage indicates it leads to restrooms for both men and women.

You look around the area, but find nothing out of the ordinary. The room appears to be entirely barren.

None.

Feb 5 2012, 8:05 pm poison_us Post #206

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Quote from poison_us
So it's not ironic that you would kill someone in order to prevent killing?
Your original statement was that is was ironic that I "won't be a killer, despite having killed." That's not irony; it's factually impossible.
Sorry, apparently you didn't understand my particular brand of sarcasm.

So, all you have to go off of is the basis that he's killed before. Why don't we kill off at least half of the players, because they might kill others without provocation? I mean, I didn't pay much attention to the first TKG after I left, but IIRC most deaths were by normal players killing each other. What good is it to kill off one person who has a chance of killing others, when you could kill off everyone who's ever done it before? They pose just as much of a risk as Aristocrat.

But here's what I've been thinking ever since you proposed to kill off Aristocrat. You see him as the only player worth attempting to kill this early in the game, to stop him from being able to beat you by killing the killer. I'm not sure how you'll deny this, but (not only am I positive you will deny it) it's the only reasonable explanation for you targeting Aristocrat over others that have killed fellow innocents before the game even starts.

Feb 5 2012, 8:59 pm TiKels Post #207

Roy contacted people before first turn even came in. He had the thing planned before he could even know if he was killer.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 5 2012, 9:04 pm poison_us Post #208

Back* from the grave

Read the last paragraph. I basically called him out because, the way I see it, Roy thinks the only person that poses a risk to him winning as the killer, or killing the killer, is Aristocrat.

Feb 5 2012, 9:06 pm Roy Post #209

Quote from poison_us
So, all you have to go off of is the basis that he's killed before.
No it isn't. I'm not going to repeat the reasons I'm going after Aristocrat again, but you can look back at my previous posts if you want the answer (which I assume you don't). The reason that is most applicable to all other players is just the one I emphasize.

Quote from poison_us
So, all you have to go off of is the basis that he's killed before. Why don't we kill off at least half of the players, because they might kill others without provocation? I mean, I didn't pay much attention to the first TKG after I left, but IIRC most deaths were by normal players killing each other. What good is it to kill off one person who has a chance of killing others, when you could kill off everyone who's ever done it before? They pose just as much of a risk as Aristocrat.
The record for most kills was tied between Aristocrat, Lotus, and me, and nobody else that killed in TKG1 is playing this game. Lotus was the killer, so of course he's supposed to kill. My three kills were for two people who were afk for the entire game (a request from most players "just in case one of them is the killer and we're wasting our time") and an accident (who happened to also go afk halfway through the game; I threw my torch at the afk player from a poorly written defensive script, and when I left it caused a fire that after three turns or so caught him on fire and burned him to death). Aristocrat was a regular survivor role that killed three innocent people (stabbing throat, choking and beating to death, throwing off third-story of building), one of which he had an alliance with.

And yes, if payne was playing, I'd advocate to kill him immediately as well based on his record.

But please, by all means continue with your idea that killing in this game doesn't require context. I think it's a good argument that can win you some support.

Quote from poison_us
But here's what I've been thinking ever since you proposed to kill off Aristocrat. You see him as the only player worth attempting to kill this early in the game, to stop him from being able to beat you by killing the killer. I'm not sure how you'll deny this, but (not only am I positive you will deny it) it's the only reasonable explanation for you targeting Aristocrat over others that have killed fellow innocents before the game even starts.
I deny this.

Feb 5 2012, 9:42 pm The Starport Post #210

I need a goal. I'm gonna end up wandering the next several turns looking for blunt or sharp objects unless I have something to do. Then I'll get tired of doing that and try to kill random people in creative ways.

By the way, as a courtesy, if you enter a new area, please post what you find. Let's get this place mapped out at least.

None.

Feb 5 2012, 9:58 pm poison_us Post #211

Back* from the grave

I'm not sharing information with someone that is willing to kill others for the sake of preserving lives.

Feb 5 2012, 10:09 pm Aristocrat Post #212

That almost sounds like you agree with Roy's viewpoint that killing me will preserve lives, poison :hurr:

None.

Feb 5 2012, 10:18 pm Raitaki Post #213

I got to the room east of spawn, and the room 2 rooms north of that. The first one leads south and north and has a sign indicating a staircase is somewhere north. Second room leads north and west. Both room are horribly devoid of items.

Also, no zombies and/or corpses yet.

None.

Feb 5 2012, 10:28 pm Roy Post #214

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Then I'll get tired of doing that and try to kill random people in creative ways.
If you decide to do that, start with yourself like last time, please. Otherwise, I will have to prepare disabling you as well. I'm not an advocate for killing random people.

What happened to your interest in creating a 100% automated script? Did you ever make that?

And what happened to that petting fluffy bunnies talk you gave to me? Why do you want to kill all of a sudden?

Quote from poison_us
I'm not sharing information with someone that is willing to kill others for the sake of preserving lives.
Just people that are willing to kill for the fun of it, right? That makes sense.

Feb 5 2012, 10:33 pm The Starport Post #215

And what happened to that petting fluffy bunnies talk you gave to me? Why do you want to kill all of a sudden?
Because it's a game and I don't have a specific goal or seem to be finding one. At least one of us is the killer, and the victory condition is to kill him, so...

Besides, I wasted 2 turns with recollections that told me basically nothing. :massimo:

None.

Feb 5 2012, 10:35 pm Roy Post #216

Goal: Find and kill the killer.

Goal: Preserve the peace.

Goal: Find the best weapon.

Goal: Create some cool items.

Goal: Fight a zombie.

Goal: Explore the entire map.

Feb 5 2012, 10:46 pm The Starport Post #217

'Find the killer' isn't specific. I've got no leads.

None.

Feb 5 2012, 10:46 pm TiKels Post #218

Get upstairs without help and without using stairs.

-NudeRaider

Feb 5 2012, 10:49 pm poison_us Post #219

Back* from the grave

Quote from Aristocrat
That almost sounds like you agree with Roy's viewpoint that killing me will preserve lives, poison :hurr:
No, I was remarking upon the irony of killing someone to stop killing.

Feb 6 2012, 6:11 am Wing Zero Post #220

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

So apparently we're in a completely empty building. I wonder how far I have to travel to find anything remotely useful...

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 1330 >
  Back to forum