Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Unofficial Staredit Map Night
Unofficial Staredit Map Night
Dec 13 2011, 10:06 pm
By: Tempz
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Jan 13 2012, 12:56 am Roy Post #101

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Anyone truly interested should just set up a way to remind themselves for the date chosen. There is nearly an unlimited number of ways to do this.

You have only yourself to blame for forgetting the event, and if you truly cared about it, you wouldn't have forgotten. Don't make it the responsibility or fault of the host when they give a date and time on when this is going to take place and you forget to go.

Jan 13 2012, 12:58 am lil-Inferno Post #102

Just here for the pie

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from UnholyUrine
When is the next mapnight
and what was the glitch on Alpha Marines?

let's see if I can fix it
Well, Tempz had 1 life left, and lil haz pretty much only died once, and everyone else had either lost or left. lil got the flag, went to middle, Tempz came, suicide bombed with infested terran, they both lost ALL remaining lives (yes, lil too), and nobody was the winnder.
:3
It was in sudden death mode (after the countdown was up) so we were both set to 1 life. Tempz used suicide and killed both of us and the game never ended.

Jan 13 2012, 1:21 am Leon-037 Post #103

Damn, those are some nice useful sites Roy.

None.

Jan 13 2012, 8:46 pm Lanthanide Post #104

Quote from Roy
You have only yourself to blame for forgetting the event, and if you truly cared about it, you wouldn't have forgotten. Don't make it the responsibility or fault of the host when they give a date and time on when this is going to take place and you forget to go.
Although actually for the 6th of Jan one, there is only a post by Oh man saying that the OP should be updated with time zone conversions and presumably it was updated saying the next one would be on 6th of Jan. The next posts in the thread were after the event. So I don't really think you can blame him for "forgetting" about it if he never actually knew it was on in the first place.

Since I was on b.net and SEN at the time, pretty much no one knew map night was on until other people reminded them.

None.

Jan 13 2012, 10:53 pm Tempz Post #105

Well i wanted to avoid mass pms since a few people complained about it... that and some people had a their message boxes full... Umm i will however compile a list of everyone who wants to be on the pm list.

None.

Jan 16 2012, 10:58 pm UnholyUrine Post #106

It's okay. I think the problem was I wasn't really sure when Mapnight was
And before I knew it, it was over :/
Thnx for those websites tho lol

As for the Sudden Death glitch... it wasn't really a glitch, but rather a condition in which I have no worked on.
Didn't think someone would suicide bomb when they have one life left... Guess I needa make a "Draw Game" condition and make everyone lose lolol

Also, did zombies work for Sudden Death? because I remember i was working on a newer version but glitched zombies, so I have no idea which version is correct anymore... :/

None.

Jan 16 2012, 11:22 pm Raitaki Post #107

Quote from UnholyUrine
It's okay. I think the problem was I wasn't really sure when Mapnight was
And before I knew it, it was over :/
Thnx for those websites tho lol

As for the Sudden Death glitch... it wasn't really a glitch, but rather a condition in which I have no worked on.
Didn't think someone would suicide bomb when they have one life left... Guess I needa make a "Draw Game" condition and make everyone lose lolol

Also, did zombies work for Sudden Death? because I remember i was working on a newer version but glitched zombies, so I have no idea which version is correct anymore... :/
No, I became observer :(

None.

Jan 17 2012, 2:21 am Positively Post #108

I wrecked o_o

None.

Jan 17 2012, 2:25 am Raitaki Post #109

Quote from Positively
I wrecked o_o
No no, yesterday saturday was not a map night, you're good :P

None.

Jan 17 2012, 2:44 am UnholyUrine Post #110

For the Next mapnight, I recommend the weekend 2 weeks from now (Jan 27-29)
Next weekend is Chinese New Years, so I'm pretty sure a lot of us will have family obligations.

EDIT: Hold that thought...
Magic the Gathering: Dark Ascension pre-release is on the 28th and 29th... ><

@Raitaki
Okay I just realized there must be a massive life glitch.
What happens is that, @ Sudden death, everyone's lives are brought down by one until they die.
If there're no ties in the amt of lives, then the person with the most lives win automatically (which explains why u died and became observer/zombie)
However, it doesn't explain why Tempz, who you guys said had less lives than lil, would be able to spawn on sudden death.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 3:33 am payne Post #111

:payne:

I vote for the 28th.
I has party on the 27th.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 3:35 am Dem0n Post #112

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Make this shit start at 9 pm EST whatever day you do it. I have work every single weekend, so if you start it any earlier, I'll miss most of it. I've NEVER done a map night. :hurr:

Jan 17 2012, 3:44 am Raitaki Post #113

Quote from UnholyUrine
@Raitaki
Okay I just realized there must be a massive life glitch.
What happens is that, @ Sudden death, everyone's lives are brought down by one until they die.
If there're no ties in the amt of lives, then the person with the most lives win automatically (which explains why u died and became observer/zombie)
However, it doesn't explain why Tempz, who you guys said had less lives than lil, would be able to spawn on sudden death.
No, I was saying that I became observer as opposed to zombie. Both you and lil said I'd become zombie :hurr: I had vision of anyone, but checked over and over and found I had no units.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 3:58 am Tempz Post #114

Demon its already 9 est what timezone are you in so i can change it.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 7:06 pm UnholyUrine Post #115

So... I won't be able to make it on the 28th due to Dark Ascension pre-release lol.. me and my friends have agreed to that date.

@Raitaki
Interesting... when you become a zombie, you get full vision. So that part worked, but somehow spawning a zombie did not. What player were you?

None.

Feb 12 2012, 3:14 am Oh_Man Post #116

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Map Night Spontaneously Occurred on 11 FEB:

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 12 2012, 3:53 am by Oh_Man.

Feb 12 2012, 8:12 am RIVE Post #117

Just Here For The Pie

It's the Gravity, Man. A Corbo Production!

Run From The Tornado:

Some 10,000 Unit Defense Game:

-Note to self: get better program to record screen with.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 12 2012, 9:19 am by RIVE.

None.

Feb 12 2012, 4:19 pm Dem0n Post #118

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Last night was epic. Most people I've seen on in like 2 years, and the big names were there like Moose. :wob: I only took like two screens, though. ;\

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE US PLAYING SPEED CHAT MAFIA. Why did the text disappear? :-(

I'm winning for once! ..but then I lost. :(

Feb 12 2012, 4:29 pm Moose Post #119

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE US PLAYING SPEED CHAT MAFIA. Why did the text disappear? :-(
You really should've pressed enter to send that message you typed out there!

Feb 12 2012, 5:31 pm TiKels Post #120

I won both games of blood pressure marathon.

Corbo, coon, TiKels, demon, moose, Kevin, inferno, azrael, oh man, lotus, samsizzle, RIVE, and Vrael. I think that is everyone. I saw sacrieur was on but I don't know if be played with us.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum