Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Oct 23 2011, 4:05 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 40 41 42 43 4464 >

Nov 11 2011, 4:20 am Raitaki Post #821

Since it seems our only remaining way of determining the last USS is through clue and behavoral analysis, and since it seems poison wants people to claim, I will. I am Researcher.
Quote from Night 0
Journal Entry

Date: February 13th

Not much has happened today. Of the two potted flowers I put by my bedside, there is still only one that has bloomed. It should brighten the room up a bit when the second one follows suit, as I am sure its color will perfectly complement the red petals of the first one. I anticipate it blooming within the next few weeks, definitely no later than the 15th of next month.
Quote from Night 1
Journal Entry

Date: June 7th

Today, the facility received a new employee. Apparently the new guy was transferred here from another Umbrella project, something called Uroboros. He looked pretty young, about twenty-something, thirty tops. He seemed pretty nervous, and almost tripped over the potted plant in the corridor leading to Lab 7. Anderson asked the reason he was transferred here, but he just went green, muttered something about not remembering, and hastily changed the subject.
Quote from Night 2
Administrative Staff Records for year ____

13/02 – Personnel 385121 credited and received pay raise for his contributions to the research of T-Veronica, details confidential.

24/05 – Personnel 233620 had not been seen at work for a full week, contact to personnel unanswered. Special case of truancy declared, personnel fired from position and his records purged.

07/07 – Personnel 211435 made manager of Harkwood facility.

16/10 – Personnel 385121 dead in accident at Laboratory 5, Sacramento facility. Additional non-fatal casualties include 462502, 953543, 155397 and 533240.

547P692R005I8
Quote from Night 3
Memo

984516360585 second floor code 6394V1ACY0 take 4952260 to 41982349812
sensitive to strong light, low heat and moisture tolerance
avoid taking out of container in room with more than one person
material disrupts electronic devices avoid handling near security cameras
Quote from Night 4
Email message

Date: January 24th
Subject: Re: Happy Vacations!

We’ve just arrived in New Zealand! Frankly we should’ve gotten here a few hours earlier, but it seems some stuff went down at the airport and our flight got delayed from 11:50 to 15:30. The food wasn’t really nice, and I got a little bit nauseous, but aside from that there wasn’t anything worth noting during the flight. About as soon as we landed, Alan took out the digital camera and started taking pictures of everything, but after half an hour his camera ran out of batteries, and he forgot to bring spare batteries. We had a good laugh about it.
I didn't get heads or tails of any of the clues, and it seems Roy and Aristo (who I sent those to previously) didn't get anything out of them except for Ex's join date.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2011, 4:47 am by Raitaki.

None.

Nov 11 2011, 4:24 am EzTerix Post #822

Wouldn't it be easier if we just kept a list of everyone's claimed or 99% sure role call with a small text in brackets saying (may be zombie) ?

I haven't kept track of anything but from this and the previous page alone I can conclude:

Azrael is a troll
Olimar is Pathologist
I'm a Researcher
Tempz is a Researcher
Raitaki is a zombie posing as a researcher with fake clues pimp

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2011, 4:37 am by EzTerix.

None.

Nov 11 2011, 4:42 am Roy Post #823

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

The Zombie crisis is over, just so you all know.

Nov 11 2011, 4:42 am poison_us Post #824

Back* from the grave

Raitaki is a townie, though I'd appreciate refraining from posting your role PM.
Players I need to hear from:

3. TiKels
15. Tempz
17. Daddywhoo
20. shadow649 (though I suppose I don't really need to)
22. Lanthanide
24. EzTerix
25. ImagoDeo

While straight claims are not needed, I would greatly appreciate any kind of communication from you guys.

As for now, I change my vote to Daddywhoo.

Nov 11 2011, 4:47 am EzTerix Post #825

If you want to hear you should've asked!

*attaches an ear to poison_us deteriorating zombie face*

SUP?

None.

Nov 11 2011, 4:49 am EzTerix Post #826

im a zombie

None.

Nov 11 2011, 12:16 pm Azrael Post #827

Day 5 Voting Progress

OlimarandLouie
  • TiKels (1)
TiKels
  • Raitaki (1)
Lanthanide
  • Daddywhoo
poison_us
  • Raitaki
  • Daddywhoo (2)
Roy
  • OlimarandLouie (1)

Currently up for lynching: Daddywhoo

Nov 11 2011, 1:15 pm OlimarandLouie Post #828

Quote from Lanthanide
We used Olimar's pathologist results to lynch Norm. It seems a bit inconsistent to now vote to lynch him. I also don't see what the shout you linked to has to do with voting for him.
This. y u vote 4 me roy?

Quote from Roy
The Zombie crisis is over, just so you all know.
So now I'm only good for my vote :-_-:

None.

Nov 11 2011, 2:00 pm poison_us Post #829

Back* from the grave

Or your Autopsy ability.

Nov 11 2011, 2:35 pm Roy Post #830

Quote from OlimarandLouie
This. y u vote 4 me roy?
Because the Beguiler is still alive.

Nov 11 2011, 2:39 pm Echo Post #831

I vote shadow649

None.

Nov 11 2011, 4:25 pm OlimarandLouie Post #832

Quote from Roy
This. y u vote 4 me roy?
Does this have something to do with the "no dead players are allowed the speak" rule? Because this sounds like an accusation. I also don't have anything against you.

None.

Nov 11 2011, 4:34 pm Roy Post #833

No dead players are allowed to post* is technically the rule, and no, it doesn't have to do with that.

Unless you want to explain why the USS would kill Aristocrat when he rigged one of their own, knowing they would be needlessly sacrificing the player, I have no intention on believing Riney was the actual Beguiler.

Nov 11 2011, 5:40 pm poison_us Post #834

Back* from the grave

That means there are at least two USS alive and kicking, which is why I'd like to get some damn cooperation from you people.

Quote from poison_us
Players I need to hear from:
3. TiKels
15. Tempz
17. Daddywhoo
20. shadow649 (though I suppose I don't really need to)
22. Lanthanide
24. EzTerix
25. ImagoDeo

Nov 11 2011, 6:21 pm Tempz Post #835

I'm a researcher... isn't posting that in the thread enough?

None.

Nov 11 2011, 8:07 pm Lanthanide Post #836

Quote from Roy
No dead players are allowed to post* is technically the rule, and no, it doesn't have to do with that.

Unless you want to explain why the USS would kill Aristocrat when he rigged one of their own, knowing they would be needlessly sacrificing the player, I have no intention on believing Riney was the actual Beguiler.
How do you know for sure that the USS knew that Riney was rigged?

Do you know for 100% sure that Riney was actually town? Obviously Aristocrat constrained him in the first place because he had doubts.

You also haven't explained how the shoutbox you linked to has anything to do with Olimar or the research you also quoted.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2011, 8:14 pm by Lanthanide.

None.

Nov 11 2011, 8:22 pm Roy Post #837

Quote from Lanthanide
I never said that. I said if Riney truly was USS, then the USS would know he was rigged and decide not to target Aristocrat for Riney's preservation. They wouldn't sacrifice a player when their numbers are low and they have good cover.

Quote from Lanthanide
Do you know for 100% sure that Riney was actually town? Obviously Aristocrat constrained him in the first place because he had doubts.
Nope, in fact I had good reason to suspect him if Norm was revealed to be town-aligned.

Quote from Lanthanide
You also haven't explained how the shoutbox you linked to has anything to do with Olimar or the research you also quoted.
It doesn't have anything to do with Olimar, but I'm wondering why you don't see the connection it has with the research results.

I found Olimar's reaction quite interesting, though:
Quote from Roy
This. y u vote 4 me roy?
Does this have something to do with the "no dead players are allowed the speak" rule? Because this sounds like an accusation. I also don't have anything against you.
What drew him to ask about the rule, exactly? It's almost as though he was concerned Demonslayer or another dead USS gave me information about Olimar.

Nov 11 2011, 8:26 pm Lanthanide Post #838

Quote from Roy
Quote from Lanthanide
I never said that. I said if Riney truly was USS, then the USS would know he was rigged and decide not to target Aristocrat for Riney's preservation. They wouldn't sacrifice a player when their numbers are low and they have good cover.
HOW?! Why would the USS "know" that Riney was rigged? Explain it to me. I don't see why they MUST know, as you are asserting that they MUST know.

Quote from Lanthanide
Nope, in fact I had good reason to suspect him if Norm was revealed to be town-aligned.
So why have you suddenly decided that Riney actually isn't the beguiler then?

Quote from Lanthanide
It doesn't have anything to do with Olimar, but I'm wondering why you don't see the connection it has with the research results.
Explain it to me, because I honestly do not see any link. If anything, the shout box incriminates you more than anyone else (who is playing mafia).

Also linking to a shout box while voting for someone when you admit that the shoutbox has nothing to do with them seems like a very strange thing to do to me.

I found Olimar's reaction quite interesting, though:
Quote from Roy
This. y u vote 4 me roy?
What drew him to ask about the rule, exactly? It's almost as though he was concerned Demonslayer or another dead USS gave me information about Olimar.
I don't find his reaction 'unusual' or interesting in any way whatsoever. If someone suddenly said I was USS for what looks like no reason at all, I too would wonder WTF they were on about and if they had been speaking to dead players (such as Aristocrat) who might have said something about them, and because they know that they are genuine townies, anything said by a 'dead' player must therefore be a lie.

Seriously Roy, stop beating around the bush and actually answer my questions.

None.

Nov 11 2011, 8:51 pm Roy Post #839

Quote from Lanthanide
HOW?! Why would the USS "know" that Riney was rigged? Explain it to me. I don't see why they MUST know, as you are asserting that they MUST know.
If Riney was USS, he would definitely not keep getting constrained a secret from his team members. He would tell them what happened, therefore deterring them from killing Aristocrat.

Quote from Lanthanide
First, I never suspected Riney of any particular USS role, so "suddenly deciding that he isn't the beguiler" is not a fair way to reflect that. Second, I don't know the Beguiler's abilities, and I've been under the long-time theory that it has to do with manipulating role information. But if you know what the Beguiler does, feel free to explain.

Quote from Lanthanide
Explain it to me, because I honestly do not see any link. If anything, the shout box incriminates you more than anyone else (who is playing mafia).
The whole rhyming scheme of the research document reflects the time when Azrael would mock Sand Wraith's work (at least that's the connection I immediately made). That is the link between the research and the saved shouts.

Quote from Lanthanide
Also linking to a shout box while voting for someone when you admit that the shoutbox has nothing to do with them seems like a very strange thing to do to me.
Clearly standard play isn't getting us anywhere, so I considered throwing a curve-ball. I think the whole purpose of it is thoroughly defeated at this point with only two other players participating in it. If you want, though, we can sit here and do the same thing we've been doing and hope the USS just reveal themselves.

Quote from Lanthanide
I don't find his reaction 'unusual' or interesting in any way whatsoever. If someone suddenly said I was USS for what looks like no reason at all, I too would wonder WTF they were on about and if they had been speaking to dead players (such as Aristocrat) who might have said something about them, and because they know that they are genuine townies, anything said by a 'dead' player must therefore be a lie.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on that; my first reaction to an accusation against me has never been "Have you been talking to dead players?" and I haven't seen a townie be so quick to ask it, either. It makes me think his mind triggered being compromised and he wants to know how it could have happened.

Quote from Lanthanide
I'm trying my best to answer your questions. The answers I gave you above did answer your questions, but I think you just didn't like the reasoning I have for doing this.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2011, 9:02 pm by Roy. Reason: Made it less condescending. <3 Lanth

Nov 11 2011, 9:12 pm Lanthanide Post #840

Quote from Roy
Quote from Lanthanide
If Riney was USS, he would definitely not keep getting constrained a secret from his team members. He would tell them what happened, therefore deterring them from killing Aristocrat.
Right, I wasn't thinking about people being sent messages saying they've been constrained. I've only actually had 1 message back from Azrael at all and this is my first mafia, so didn't think of that.

The other explanation for why they would kill Aristocrat is that they didn't mind losing the beguiler because his role was now less useful and it was better to take Aristocrat out sooner rather than later, before he constrained and killed more USS. They also knew they'd be killing a townie along with Riney too.

Quote from Lanthanide
First, I never suspected Riney of any particular USS role, so "suddenly deciding that he isn't the beguiler" is not a fair way to reflect that. Second, I don't know the Beguiler's abilities, and I've been under the long-time theory that it has to do with manipulating role information. But if you know what the Beguiler does, feel free to explain.
It is a fair way to reflect that, because you're asserting that Riney is not what his death role says he is.

Quote from Lanthanide
The whole rhyming scheme of the research document reflects the time when Azrael would mock Sand Wraith's work (at least that's the connection I immediately made). That is the link between the research and the saved shouts.
I still don't see any connection. What has Sand Wraith got to do with Olimar?

Quote from Lanthanide
Clearly standard play isn't getting us anywhere, so I considered throwing a curve-ball. I think the whole purpose of it is thoroughly defeated at this point with only two other players participating in it. If you want, though, we can sit here and do the same thing we've been doing and hope the USS just reveal themselves.
Hence why I'm going after Daddywho. He has been very quiet in this thread and hasn't been voting to lynch for a while. I suspect the USS are simply keeping their heads down to avoid drawing attention to themselves. Go back and read all of Daddywho and Riney's posts.

Quote from Lanthanide
I guess we'll just have to disagree on that; my first reaction to an accusation against me has never been "Have you been talking to dead players?" and I haven't seen a townie be so quick to ask it, either. It makes me think his mind triggered being compromised and he wants to know how it could have happened.
Well I can put myself in his shoes and it is something I would consider and post in the thread as my immediate reaction (although likely I would be a lot more long-winded and throw up multiple potential explanations for someone's suspicions).

Quote from Lanthanide
I'm trying my best to answer your questions. The answers I gave you above did answer your questions, but I think you just didn't like the reasoning I have for doing this.
You still haven't answered why the shoutbox links to Olimar.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 40 41 42 43 4464 >
  Back to forum