Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Aug 9 2011, 4:58 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 716 >

Aug 24 2011, 3:03 pm Pr0nogo Post #81

It's partially because the Carrier had 800 hp and 350 shields and there were 16 Scouts that had to be destroyed by the infested ones.

Also yes, because the custom soundtrack is techno-y.

Aug 24 2011, 3:26 pm Dem0n Post #82

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from TiKels
I felt like I was in a rave at the beginning of the game.

Also EWWWW you hit the crystal to skip briefing. All pros hit "S"

Also it was kinda... lolzy because you literally had to spawn ~22 scouts to tear through like 2 dragoons and a cannon. It seemed like it was supposed to be this epic demonstration of a powerful unit but it just felt odd having so many.
Pros hit enter. ;o Also, I think 20 scouts is less than what's usually needed to take down a multi-hundred hp building. They suck big balls against ground. ;o

Aug 24 2011, 3:47 pm poison_us Post #83

Back* from the grave

Might want to tune down the music while the conversation goes on.

Aug 24 2011, 3:54 pm HelpMe Post #84

Interesting look for the Infested Scout. Well done.

Who -or what- is that blueish alien-looking fellow that appears at the start?

None.

Aug 24 2011, 4:10 pm Pr0nogo Post #85

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I think 20 scouts is less than what's usually needed to take down a multi-hundred hp building. They suck big balls against ground. ;o

what
The Scout's ground attack is ridiculously underpowered. The Infested Scout is much more bad-ass in general (four shots will kill a Terran Wraith, compared to the six or seven required by a regular Scout, and the ground attack is at least ten damage above).

Quote from poison_us
Might want to tune down the music while the conversation goes on.

Yeah, that was a quick demo and I didn't have the time to test that out. I was surprised that it worked as well as it did.

Quote from HelpMe
Interesting look for the Infested Scout. Well done.

Who -or what- is that blueish alien-looking fellow that appears at the start?

Thanks, and you'll see when you play the second mission. ;P

Aug 24 2011, 4:12 pm Dem0n Post #86

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Collapsable Box

Aug 24 2011, 4:21 pm poison_us Post #87

Back* from the grave

You may want to think about using one of the "unknown" attacks or whatever and changing the infested scout's attack to something else. Ignoring my own advice, though, you could use the regular AA missile on the scout, but have the spore trail and sound.

Aug 24 2011, 6:02 pm Pr0nogo Post #88

dem0n

your secret is mine now

will tell world

Quote from poison_us
You may want to think about using one of the "unknown" attacks or whatever and changing the infested scout's attack to something else. Ignoring my own advice, though, you could use the regular AA missile on the scout, but have the spore trail and sound.

Why? The current AA attack is fine. I just modded Mojo's attacks.

Aug 24 2011, 10:37 pm poison_us Post #89

Back* from the grave

I don't know. It seems like there's too much "infestation" in the infested scout, as weird as that sounds.

Aug 24 2011, 11:00 pm Pr0nogo Post #90

And there's not too much "infestation" in having an infested Terran explode instead of shooting a gun? :P

Aug 25 2011, 2:10 am Roy Post #91

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this competition. My classes are surprisingly more work than I thought they would be, and I've had little time and no motivation to begin a story-driven map.

You can keep me on the list, but there's a good chance that I either won't have a submission, will have an incomplete submission, or will submit a very lite map.

Aug 25 2011, 2:12 am Dem0n Post #92

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

noo roy, don't bail on me. ;_;

Aug 26 2011, 5:27 am Pr0nogo Post #93

Track 7 - "Stalwart"
From the StarCraft: Rivalry OST.

Aug 26 2011, 1:46 pm poison_us Post #94

Back* from the grave

Quote from Pr0nogo
And there's not too much "infestation" in having an infested Terran explode instead of shooting a gun? :P
That's the original Blizzard error, but I see your point. For epic lulz, make an infested carrier throw out infested terran and scourges when attacking.

Demon, if this wasn't a month-long event, I actually have the time (at least until I get a real job) and interest to make a map, maybe even a "campaign", of sorts. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait on another contest.

Aug 26 2011, 1:50 pm Jack Post #95

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I think demon will have to extend it for two weeks if he wants any entries. At my current rate I'll have only finished the mod and one map by the 5th.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 26 2011, 2:19 pm poison_us Post #96

Back* from the grave

What kind of reasonable contest would have the limit for making at least two maps at one month? I mean, damn son :disgust:

Aug 26 2011, 2:57 pm Pr0nogo Post #97

..I'm already done with three maps and most of the mod, so I don't know what you guys are doing.

Aug 26 2011, 3:03 pm poison_us Post #98

Back* from the grave

Some of us might have a life, responsibilities, etc. :awesome:

Aug 26 2011, 3:36 pm Pr0nogo Post #99

Yes. I started work this and last week. I have a girlfriend whom I take the time to see at least once every other day.

I'm also including a custom soundtrack, custom voicework, and custom graphics into my campaign, which is most likely considerably more than what other people are doing.

YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE BROHAN

Aug 26 2011, 4:32 pm Excalibur Post #100

The sword and the faith

Really? Because I work 40hrs a week and live with my gf. :P

Yeah I'm not anywhere near done yet. Sorry Dem0n.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 716 >
  Back to forum