Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Aug 9 2011, 4:58 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 916 >

Sep 4 2011, 10:32 am HelpMe Post #121

Go go go! lol

Two weeks till deadline!

On a side note, I wonder if there are any contestants besides Pr0 and Jim who are actually doing anything. Maybe they're just quiet? C'mon, we need at least 4 submissions to make it fun...

None.

Sep 4 2011, 3:08 pm Roy Post #122

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I'll probably have time on the 17th to work on a submission. My classes end two days after this contest's deadline, though, so I'll be going through a round of finals and presentations.

Sep 4 2011, 4:19 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #123

If we push the deadline, I might be willing to join in on the fun. However I'm going to need someone to do graphics for new units

None.

Sep 4 2011, 4:22 pm Pr0nogo Post #124

It's funny, because this all goes back to my original post.

Quote from Pr0nogo
There is no hope.

EDIT: xboi, I do some new graphics (but I'm not a whiz or anything). Also, that might count as a 'team' thing.

Sep 4 2011, 4:38 pm Oh_Man Post #125

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from name:Sacrieur DatePosted: 9.1.11
Can't do it, sorry. Work has me busy all of the time, also, with Rampage underway I don't think I'll be able to participate in very many contests.

Sep 4 2011, 7:59 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #126

eternal lurker

Quote from name:xboi209
If we push the deadline, I might be willing to join in on the fun. However I'm going to need someone to do graphics for new units
There's a whole bunch of GRPs available here that might suit your needs.

None.

Sep 4 2011, 8:44 pm Jack Post #127

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I'm still chugging away at my entry, and should have SOMETHING to show for it at the end. Probably not as polished as I want but we'll see.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 5 2011, 6:59 am Legion Post #128

Hey all,

One question about the contest rules. Do the campaigns have to tie in with Blizzard lore or would the mention of a few Starcraft events be enough for it to qualify as a story in the spirit of Starcraft?

Regards,

Legion

None.

Sep 5 2011, 1:33 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #129

eternal lurker

That sort of depends. AFAIK if it's in the StarCraft universe and roughly follows the canon it should be fine.

Could you get a bit more specific on the details, or would that spoil your storyline?

None.

Sep 5 2011, 2:08 pm Pr0nogo Post #130

Mine doesn't directly involve canonical characters, but still involves the aftermath of the canon's events and whatnot. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as it includes canon up to the end of Brood War.

Sep 5 2011, 2:11 pm Dem0n Post #131

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Seriously, as long as you have units named like "Terran Marine" and they fight against races known as the zerg, protoss, or even other terrans, I'm sure it'll be fine. ;o

Sep 5 2011, 2:36 pm HelpMe Post #132

^My thoughts exactly. If I were to make a campaign I wouldn't bother with that stuff. Not even a "nod of the head" to canon events or characters. No need to place it in the original SC timeline, either.

None.

Sep 5 2011, 11:57 pm Pr0nogo Post #133

So I just thought I'd let you all know that Rivalry now features six new units and four new heroes, complete with custom portraits, graphics, attacks, sounds, et cetera.

Alright, back to work!

Sep 6 2011, 1:55 am xAngelSpiritx Post #134

eternal lurker

You know, you might want to make an actual project thread instead of dumping random updates here.

None.

Sep 6 2011, 4:02 am Pr0nogo Post #135

Good idea, but I wasn't sure if it'd be fitting or not (already thought of doing that a few weeks back).

Sep 9 2011, 1:52 am HelpMe Post #136

Hey Pr0nogo, where are the updates? You're too quiet. *pokes you with a stick*

None.

Sep 9 2011, 1:57 am Raitaki Post #137

Ffffffffff- I withdraw. It seems like my dad went thru my laptop today while I was still as school and uninstall then shift deleted everything that I don't play much >_>;

None.

Sep 9 2011, 2:14 am Dem0n Post #138

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I hate you all.

Sep 9 2011, 2:57 am Oh_Man Post #139

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

This contest has been going on far longer than usual...

Sep 9 2011, 3:07 am Pr0nogo Post #140

Oh_Man's just itchin' to get his hands on some of this...

(no background effects like static or ship thrusters have been added yet; Voidship and Immortal voices subject to change)

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 916 >
  Back to forum