Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Aug 9 2011, 4:58 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 516 >

Aug 12 2011, 1:37 am Dem0n Post #41

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

All 3 videos are up! If you guys want, I can show you how to change unit attacks and stuff like that. ;o

Aug 12 2011, 2:25 am xAngelSpiritx Post #42

eternal lurker

Er, I'm going to withdraw from this contest. I can already tell that I'm not going to be able to put forward the motivation I need to make a finished product, so I'd rather resign right now instead of waiting until right before the deadline.

If you still need a judge to replace Pr0nogo though, I'll have plenty of spare time on my hands and I should be able to judge all the submissions within a few days after the deadline.

None.

Aug 12 2011, 2:52 am Jack Post #43

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Dem0n, good videos. They get the point across pretty well. You should do one on replacing unit GRPs with ones from, say, static maplantis or SEN's dldb.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 12 2011, 3:02 am Dem0n Post #44

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Er, I'm going to withdraw from this contest. I can already tell that I'm not going to be able to put forward the motivation I need to make a finished product, so I'd rather resign right now instead of waiting until right before the deadline.

If you still need a judge to replace Pr0nogo though, I'll have plenty of spare time on my hands and I should be able to judge all the submissions within a few days after the deadline.
:massimo: I was afraid this would happen. I hope I have at least like 4 people actually submit something lul.

Aug 12 2011, 1:58 pm Jack Post #45

A secret participant is signing up.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 12 2011, 2:48 pm NicholasBeige Post #46

Shh jack. Don't tell them I'm a secret SC1:BW mapping god.

None.

Aug 12 2011, 4:01 pm Oh_Man Post #47

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from Pr0nogo
Quote from Oh_Man
Yo Pr0nogo how did you get the voice for the Cerebrate? Sounded heaps legit.

I made it myself.
Yeah but how.

Aug 12 2011, 4:31 pm Pr0nogo Post #48

Quote from Oh_Man
Yeah but how.

Experience. :jaff:

Aug 12 2011, 5:59 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #49

eternal lurker

Quote from Pr0nogo
Quote from Oh_Man
Yeah but how.

Experience. :jaff:

Translation: Record it with a mic, take the sound file and run it through some Audition effects(the underwater effect comes to mind), possibly add reverb, put in map, ???, profit!!!

That's just my guess though.

None.

Aug 12 2011, 7:08 pm Dem0n Post #50

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, I think Pr0nogo uses Audition.

Aug 12 2011, 7:13 pm Oh_Man Post #51

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Thank you Demon and Angel for your informative replies.

Aug 12 2011, 9:54 pm Excalibur Post #52

The sword and the faith

To anyone using ML/SEN modding DB resources, please remember to credit whoever made said resource.

That being said, I want everyone to feel free to use the COUNTLESS BMP images I've made for their GRP making pleasure. Seriously, there's a lot.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/3434/#67499

Also, I'll be competing on the grounds that Dem0n puts something in the main post to the many [MM]s and SEN modders who made all the things you guys are using modding wise. I don't feel it'd be out of place, being that people like DoA, Broody, and ShadowFlare made the tools and most of the GRPs are from Polaris, myself, and Ermac.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 13 2011, 1:52 am Dem0n Post #53

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Who the pyswimexe stuff? Was that.. poiyquert-something??

And just as a general note for everything, it's good to include credits in your campaign. Whether it be a whole map dedicated to listing everything, or just a txt document that comes along with your submission, it's always good to credit the people who made whatever you're using. I won't be judging this, but it's still a good habit if you make campaigns.

Aug 13 2011, 1:55 am Jack Post #54

poiuy-qwert made the PYMS modding suite.

Red classic.

Aug 13 2011, 2:05 am Excalibur Post #55

The sword and the faith

Thanks Dem0n, means a lot. I'll see if I can whip up something nice for this.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 13 2011, 3:03 am Dem0n Post #56

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Also, guys, please, for the love of god, use the "Set Next Scenario" action to make the map go to the next mission after victory. I will be super disappoint if this doesn't happen in your campaigns.

Aug 13 2011, 3:09 am Jack Post #57

On that note, how does one replace default campaign scenarios with our new ones? Something to do with scenario.chk I imagine.

NVM worked it out.

For those who want to know, you save your map as scenario.chk using scmdraft (raw broodwar map). Then import into your mod mpq as, say, campaign\expprotoss\protoss01\staredit\scenario.chk
Then the first protoss mission will be your mission.

Red classic.

Aug 13 2011, 3:12 am Dem0n Post #58

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, the scenario.chk are the maps. Just rename them to .scm/scx in order to open them. I don't know how to turn a map into chk, but if you figure that out, then I guess you could just replace those files with your own map. I haven't tried it myself. ;o

Aug 13 2011, 3:25 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #59

You use the save as button and then you can select which format the map will be in. Note that if you're using sound files, add those into the mpq as well because .chk is just the map itself

None.

Aug 13 2011, 3:53 am xAngelSpiritx Post #60

eternal lurker

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I don't know how to turn a map into chk,
Open your map in WinMPQ(or your favorite MPQ archiver) and extract the CHK. It's that simple. Sounds that are present in the map may be listed as unknowns though, but whatever.
My offer to be a judge still stands.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 516 >
  Back to forum