Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Aug 9 2011, 4:58 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 2 3 416 >

Aug 10 2011, 2:58 pm Pr0nogo Post #21

There is no hope.

Aug 10 2011, 3:01 pm Roy Post #22

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
1. Dem0nS1ayer
2. TiKels
3. Pr0nogo (Will not judge own submission)
So all contestants aside from Pr0nogo will get a biased score from judge #3. Seems legit.

Aug 10 2011, 3:05 pm Pr0nogo Post #23

lolwat

I'm not in this for the money, boi. I need a campaigning exercise.

Aug 10 2011, 3:10 pm Raitaki Post #24

Quote from Sacrieur
Earth? What is this "Earth" you speak of?

Earth, like from United EARTH Directorate.
Terra. As in "The Friggin Terra Where Terrans Originally Live."

None.

Aug 10 2011, 4:00 pm Oh_Man Post #25

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Yo Pr0nogo how did you get the voice for the Cerebrate? Sounded heaps legit.

Aug 10 2011, 4:04 pm Dem0n Post #26

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Pr0nogo

There is no hope.
The zerg have flagships? :|
Quote from Roy
1. Dem0nS1ayer
2. TiKels
3. Pr0nogo (Will not judge own submission)
So all contestants aside from Pr0nogo will get a biased score from judge #3. Seems legit.
I want a third judge lul. If someone else wants to judge, we can 4 judges, so their averages would outweigh any sort of bias that Pr0nogo would have. Even though I know he won't do anything like that.

Aug 10 2011, 4:16 pm UnholyUrine Post #27

Interesting..

but I don't think I like the theme... maybe next time.

None.

Aug 10 2011, 4:18 pm Dem0n Post #28

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Bro you need to test your imagination. We need to get you out of your Alpha Marine mindset. :massimo:

Aug 10 2011, 4:24 pm Pr0nogo Post #29

Quote from Oh_Man
Yo Pr0nogo how did you get the voice for the Cerebrate? Sounded heaps legit.

I made it myself.

The zerg have flagships? :|

Will be elaborated later on.

(edit instead of double post)

Alright, so I've completed the first mission, numbering 735 doodads (yay terrain detail). Now it's time for testing. Bwahaha.

Here's a screenie.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2011, 2:35 pm by Pr0nogo.

Aug 11 2011, 4:06 pm Dem0n Post #30

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

First "tutorial" video is up. It shows you how you can change the music. Check the bottom of the OP. :D

EDIT: Second video up. :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2011, 4:45 pm by Dem0nS1ayer.

Aug 11 2011, 6:19 pm TiKels Post #31

Pr0nogo should not be a judge.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 11 2011, 6:27 pm Dem0n Post #32

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

lul If I can get a another judge than I'll take him off (sorry Pr0no :P). Find someone else who likes campaigns.

And to be fair, none of you had a problem with participants being judges when 2/3 of the judges in lil's contest were also submitting a map (including lil himself). :><:

Aug 11 2011, 6:37 pm UnholyUrine Post #33

The reason why I don't like to work on campaign is because campaigns are heavily story-driven. Also, since the story's gotta be tied to the original zerg/protoss/terran campaign, the materials available become limited.

The other reason is that I suck at melee, so I doubt I can be a good tester. This heavily handicaps my ability to create a good map :(.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 7:06 pm Azrael Post #34

And to be fair, none of you had a problem with participants being judges when 2/3 of the judges in lil's contest were also submitting a map (including lil himself).

Yes we did, that is why they were removed as judges, although the OP was never updated to indicate it. Those who submitted maps did not judge anything.

Actually, you were the first one to bring it up :P http://www.staredit.net/300358/

Aug 11 2011, 7:10 pm Dem0n Post #35

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from UnholyUrine
The reason why I don't like to work on campaign is because campaigns are heavily story-driven. Also, since the story's gotta be tied to the original zerg/protoss/terran campaign, the materials available become limited.

The other reason is that I suck at melee, so I doubt I can be a good tester. This heavily handicaps my ability to create a good map :(.
It doesn't have to be tied to those campaigns; it just has to be related to starcraft. Your story can be about some random terran colonists on some random fringe world doing some random shit that's related to starcraft. >_>

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
And to be fair, none of you had a problem with participants being judges when 2/3 of the judges in lil's contest were also submitting a map (including lil himself).

Yes we did, that is why they were removed as judges, although the OP was never updated to indicate it. Those who submitted maps did not judge anything.

Actually, you were the first one to bring it up :P http://www.staredit.net/300358/
They weren't really "removed." Lil just said he couldn't do it. :P Anyways, if I get another judge, he can replace Pr0onogo.

And what do you think of my tutorial videos? :D :D :D

Aug 11 2011, 7:16 pm Pr0nogo Post #36

I don't understand why I shouldn't be a judge. You guys think I'm biased against everything that isn't mine?

Aug 11 2011, 7:17 pm Azrael Post #37

They weren't really "removed." Lil just said he couldn't do it. :P Anyways, if I get another judge, he can replace Pr0onogo.

Sure they were. Inferno, Cecil, and K_A did not judge. Sacrieur and Tikels scored the contest in their place.

Most people would prefer to have their map judged by two people rather than judged by two people plus their competition. This is an even bigger deal when the person's considering putting a month of work into it.

You should ask Pr0n if he would like to judge and be ineligible for any ranking/rewards, or if he wants to compete for those things and not judge. He shouldn't be doing both, so expect people to keep saying so :P

Quote from Pr0nogo
I don't understand why I shouldn't be a judge. You guys think I'm biased against everything that isn't mine?

It's nothing against you, it wouldn't matter who it was. Judges from previous contests also stepped down when they submitted a map. It's just common sense, if you end up winning no one is going to feel good about it.

Aug 11 2011, 7:27 pm NicholasBeige Post #38

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from name:Cardinal
What about the additional Terran colonies such as Umojan Protectorate and Kel-Morian Combine in the Koprulu sector?
The who-mo-jan protecorwhat? And the Kel-Morian Combowhat? Stop making stuff up.
I'd just like to point out, those factions do exist in SC. They're actually somewhat prominent.

Ya, you go to Moria (no not a underground city lawl) with Fenix and steal 10k minerals. ;o ;o

BTW, Cardinal was just mocking SC2 for how dumb it is (I think), and since there was no mention of those factions in WoL, that's probably why he said that. I'm sure he's at least heard of the Kel-Morian Combine. ;o
Indeed. My previously reply was mocking how SC2 just sort of went: 'lol raynors raiders'. 'thor lol!'. 'shit, zeratul loose ends'.
I thought that was obvious by the Dustin Browder said "Cool!" reference.

None.

Aug 11 2011, 7:31 pm Pr0nogo Post #39

I thought it was obvious too.

Aug 11 2011, 7:44 pm TiKels Post #40

Azrael said it best.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 416 >
  Back to forum