Help with Terrain
May 22 2011, 11:23 pm
By: JehZirO
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Jul 21 2011, 3:53 am JehZirO Post #61

Quote from Roy
Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
All of those things that Roy made are very easy to replicate. You could take parts from each of those and make a couple of maps yourself, y'know. ;o
But still, it doesn't actually look that bad.
What Demon was trying to say was that the designs could be recreated without the original author's craftsmanship; he wasn't making any negative connotation.
I'm a little hurt from your insinuations (I wouldn't expect something like that coming from you :-().

Quote from Lanthanide
Wow, Roy goes to all that effort making terrain that could actually be used if you really wanted to, and he can't even be bothered to cut and paste it into his "template" himself. Lazy sod.
It's quite alright, Lanth; it was my fault for not putting the designs into the provided template, and he shouldn't have to clean up my mistakes.

It was a tad heartbreaking to split what I saw as such a beautiful creation into pieces, but I tried my best to encapsulate the highlighted features from "The New Land" into four appropriately sized templates. There's nothing necessarily new, so I won't reiterate myself from the above post, but there are some layout changes and combinations that I felt worked well given the space provided.

I do like how well you worked with this and with effort and enthusiasm to boot! Thank you so much. :)
Do you want to be credited as 'Roy'?

None.

Jul 21 2011, 3:59 am Roy Post #62

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Yes, that is the name I tend to go by.

Jul 21 2011, 11:56 pm ubermctastic Post #63

Round two with the editor!

Attachments:
Filled Template - K_A 2.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 42.67kb

None.

Jul 22 2011, 12:15 am JehZirO Post #64

Quote from name:K_A

Round two with the editor!

That looks hawt just what I needed tyyy. :))))

None.

Jul 22 2011, 2:47 am xAngelSpiritx Post #65

eternal lurker

Quote from Roy
What Demon was trying to say was that the designs could be recreated without the original author's craftsmanship; he wasn't making any negative connotation.
I'm a little hurt from your insinuations (I wouldn't expect something like that coming from you :-().
Oh nonononono, you're getting the wrong idea. I honestly thought you were just trolling, given the outrageously hilarious way you described each part of the terrain.
It's probably just me, but I laughed pretty hard when reading through that (in a good way!).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 22 2011, 2:55 am by xAngelSpiritx.

None.

Jul 22 2011, 2:49 am DevliN Post #66

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Roy
Oh nonononono, you're getting the wrong idea. I honestly thought you were just trolling, given the outrageously hilarious way you described each part of the terrain.
It's probably just me, but I laughed pretty hard when reading through that.
It isn't just you. :)

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 22 2011, 3:45 am Roy Post #67

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I like to make my writing as entertaining as it is informative. ^^

Jul 23 2011, 7:09 pm Excalibur Post #68

The sword and the faith

Roy is the ultimate troll. Oh my god. :lol:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 24 2011, 3:55 am xAngelSpiritx Post #69

eternal lurker

Quote from Excalibur

Shh, don't tell- ah, too late.

None.

Jul 28 2011, 7:46 pm samsizzle Post #70

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Excalibur

I can't believe some of you didn't pick up on that... You should go into advertising Roy.

None.

Aug 2 2011, 4:57 am DevliN Post #71

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from samsizzle
Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Excalibur

I can't believe some of you didn't pick up on that... You should go into advertising Roy.
I'm fairly certain a majority of us got it. My guess is those who didn't chose to ignore it or perhaps really thought it was serious. :lol:

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 10 2011, 12:38 am Lanthanide Post #72

Quote from DevliN
I'm fairly certain a majority of us got it. My guess is those who didn't chose to ignore it or perhaps really thought it was serious. :lol:
OP obviously didn't notice.

As far as trolling goes, I think my replies to Starblue with "Starcraft strategies" was funnier since she didn't pick up on it, like, forever: http://www.staredit.net/topic/11058/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 10 2011, 12:49 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Aug 10 2011, 12:59 am DevliN Post #73

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from DevliN
OP obviously didn't notice.
I was trying to be nice in saying "those who" but yes, the OP is the only one I was actually referring to.

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 10 2011, 11:35 pm Pr0nogo Post #74

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d5mjls

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum