Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia - STARCRAFT Edition!
Mafia - STARCRAFT Edition!
Mar 23 2011, 8:40 pm
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1724 >

Apr 17 2011, 4:05 am poison_us Post #281

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I remember a firebat is a corporal in sc1 (lil-inferno?)
Is dead. Maybe then the stats (which SEN so generously has hidden...time to fire up SCI) have some purpose.

From what I see: 50 HP, 1 Armor, 16 Attack. Costs 50 minerals, 25 gas, 1 supply, and a prereq of an academy. No leads, as far as I can see.

Apr 17 2011, 5:17 am Roy Post #282

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I wouldn't look that deep into clues; Demon's clue are probably going to be obvious, like Observer's join date being in the post.

And yeah, I'm more quiet this game than last, I'll admit. It seemed like when I tried leading last game, I killed a ton of townies. Anyway, glad we lynched the right person.

Apr 17 2011, 6:29 pm DevliN Post #283

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from rayNimagi
I just got home and was going to vote, but then the day post came up...
I thought you did vote earlier? I saw one and then it disappeared. :-(

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 17 2011, 6:32 pm Raitaki Post #284

Quote from SiberianTiger
why didn't someone abstain from vote to make it 3 - 3? :(
Thank Apos for that. Maybe kill him also.

None.

Apr 17 2011, 6:41 pm DevliN Post #285

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The zerg queens made their way through the city. Led by their minions, they crawled to the locations of the mutilated dead civilians. Once there, they went to work. It was there job to to make the Swarm stronger, and that is exactly what they did. They spat a greenish toxin at the bodies of the dead and waited. After a few seconds, the bodies rose. The injuries were healed, and the people seemed to have come back to life. They all met on the outskirts of the city. Standing in front of their leader, they all said in unison:

"Live for the Swarm!"
References zombie-like nature, which makes me think of Roy's avatar.

Mengsk was once again looking out of the great window of his gargantuan tower. The large doors to the room slid open, and two marines entered the room.
Lots of references to large things, though Dem0n may have just run out of adjectives. :awesome:

Mengsk turned and face them.
"Face" them, not "faced." May be intentional. Prominent face avatars are Roy, Ray, poison, Siberian (sort of). A few others have faces in them, but I would venture to say if this was a clue, then it would probably be about someone with a prominent face shown.

Also, I had mentioned earlier (though it could have been lost in the chaos of the voting) that in the "Night" post, Dem0n mentions Augustgrad (and he mentioned it earlier in the "noclue" post as well) which can be linked to Apos. If my "city plans" clue was more about structuring a layout as I originally assumed, then that could also tie in to that link.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 17 2011, 6:46 pm poison_us Post #286

Back* from the grave

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from SiberianTiger
why didn't someone abstain from vote to make it 3 - 3? :(
Thank Apos for that. Maybe kill him also.
So eager.

Apr 17 2011, 7:01 pm Roy Post #287

Quote from DevliN
Also, I had mentioned earlier (though it could have been lost in the chaos of the voting) that in the "Night" post, Dem0n mentions Augustgrad (and he mentioned it earlier in the "noclue" post as well) which can be linked to Apos. If my "city plans" clue was more about structuring a layout as I originally assumed, then that could also tie in to that link.
I almost announced this immediately when I saw you didn't mention it in your clue interpretation, but (as you mentioned) if you look at Demon's previous post (the one wrapped in noclue), he mentions Augustgrad there as well, so I doubt it's a clue.

And if you're looking at missing letters as a possible clue, why didn't you mention this?
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
After a few seconds, he w dead.
Maybe the missing "AS" is an acronym for something? Or maybe the "W" means something. Combining the missing "AS" with the missing "D" you mentioned, we can get the word "SAD."

Or maybe they're just typos.

Apr 17 2011, 7:05 pm DevliN Post #288

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I know he posted it in the noclue post as I mention that in the part of my post that you quoted. :P Since he mentioned it without noclue tags as well, I think it is still significant. I'm not going to lead a charge on Apos for that as it isn't as blatantly obvious as Observer's join date, but it is still a possible clue.

And I didn't add the "he w dead" because poison already mentioned it. I should have said "Yeah that is interesting" or something, but I don't really have any ideas of what that clue would be referring to.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 17 2011, 9:57 pm Tempz Post #289

Just so you know this is the only match where I've simultaneously playing a few games at once

None.

Apr 19 2011, 1:30 am DevliN Post #290

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

This is going to be an interesting night. If Raynor wants to contact me, I have a good idea of who you can hit, and more importantly who you shouldn't accidentally hit. :awesome:

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 19 2011, 2:55 am Tempz Post #291

So its someone other than me :O

None.

Apr 19 2011, 3:23 am DevliN Post #292

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
So its someone other than me :O
Maybe, maybe not.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 22 2011, 12:41 am Dem0n Post #293

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Twenty minutes until Night 2 ends. My post may be a little while after 9:00 (gotta beat Halo 2 on legendary bro :sly: ), but I'm not accepting any actions after the deadline.

Apr 22 2011, 3:44 am Dem0n Post #294

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Night 2

Valerian stood in his battlecruiser peering down at Korhal. The ship was in high orbit over the planet. The computer beeped, and a message appeared on the screen.

// Incoming Transmission...
// Flagship Hyperion, Low Orbit Over Korhal...
// Jim Raynor, Notorious Criminal And Terrorist...

"Computer, let the message through," Valerian said.

The computer beeped again, and the message on the screen disappeared. It was replaced by Raynor's face on board the Hyperion.

"Mengsk, things are gettin' real sticky down there. I'm seein' a bunch of zerg colonies forming around the city. If you're gonna help us at all, you'd better do it fast," Raynor said.

"Don't worry, Commander," Valerian replied, "I assure you that I will do my part."

"Yeah, you'd better. I got enough of these bastards to deal with. The last thing I need is a whole damn colony to form right outside your daddy's city."

The screen went blank, and a new message appeared.

// Transmission Terminated...

Valerian walked up to the computer and pressed some buttons on the keyboard. After a few seconds, General Warfield's face appeared on the screen.

"General, it is time to move onto the second phase of my plan," Valerian said, "You know my father's leadership skills are... unsatisfactory, to say the least. I must prove to the people that I am ready to take his place."

"What do you need, Prince Valerian?" Warfield asked.

"The zerg are starting to become troublesome for our rebels friends. We need to give them time to cleanse the city of this infestation. Is the battalion that I chose ready for battle?"

"They're suited up and ready for action."

"Good. Send them in. They should keep the zerg preoccupied long enough for Raynor to do some damage."

The screen went blank. Back on the grounds of Korhal, a dropship was preparing to take off. Groups of marines, marauders, and ghosts were running into the loading dock of the ship. When they all got in, the ship flew off the ground and headed towards the outskirts of the city. As the dropship flew over the city, the pilots could see the damage that the zerg had so quickly done. Near the borders of Augustgrad, everything had been destroyed. Buildings were left in shambles, fires were ablaze, engulfing everything from huge trees to small flowers, and the disgusting slime of the zerg had made its way onto the paved streets.

"Damn..." one pilot said, "It's lookin' pretty bad out there. Thank God we ain't the ones fightin'."

The ship flew over one of the zerg colonies. It landed a couple hundred meters away from the target site. The ramp to the loading dock was lowered, and the men began to file out of the ship, one by one. They all lined up, facing the distant zerg encampment. The squad leader waved his arm, signaling his men to begin the ambush. Quietly, the battalion went towards the base. Clouds covered the moon; the sky was completely dark. That changed rapidly, however...

-----

Raynor walked out of an abandoned bar inside of the city. He had landed outside of the city an hour ago after talking to Valerian. He had just finished his third bottle of scotch and decided it was time to deal with the zerg. As soon as he opened the bar's doors, he was deafened by the sound of automatic guns and explosions going off in the distance. He turned to the south and saw the sky light up. Colors of orange, red, and yellow filled the sky. The sound of explosions increased. The sound of agonizing screams became louder, almost more apparent than the thunderous booms from the battle.

Raynor began running down the street.

"Valerian held up his part of the deal," he thought to himself, "The zerg are busy dealin' with the Dominion. It's time my boys and I do something."

As he reached an old, beaten building, he slowed down. He stopped at the door and knocked four times. The door opened, and a group of men walked out of the building. Raynor began to walk, and the men followed him. As they walked, they surveyed the empty streets for any sudden movements. One of the men stopped. He turned and looked into the window of a house. Everyone else walked a few extra steps before noticing the one man. He walked back to him and also turned towards the house.

"Whatdya see?" one man asked.

"I'm not sure... I coulda sworn I saw somethin' movin' around in there." the first man said.

Raynor began walking across the street.

"Let's check it out, boys," he said.

They walked up the house and stood against the wall. Raynor turned his head and looked through the window. The kitchen was clean, the chairs were pushed underneath the table, the pictures on the mantles were in place. Everything seemed normal. Raynor looked through the different rooms again, but this time, something caught his eyes. A red hand print was on the kitchen counter. One of the other men was also looking through the window. He spotted the print at the same time as Raynor.

"What is that... finger paint?" he asked.

"Damn it," Raynor said, "That's no paint! Move in, boys!"

The men reached for their guns and ran towards the front door. One man kicked it open, and they all cautiously walked through the house. Raynor walked up the steps. He looked through all the rooms. Nothing seemed out of place. He walked into the master bedroom and stopped. In front of him laid three bodies. They were all torn apart. He heard a scream echo throughout the house. He turned around and ran towards the source. He entered the bathroom and saw a creature ripping away at one of the men. Raynor took out his knife and ran towards the monster. He cut off its claw, and the monster let out a scream of pain. He swung his knife at the zerg again, this time stabbing it directly in the dead. Apos fell to the floor. The man who had been attacked pushed the dead body off of himself and got up.

"Damn," said the man who was attacked, "I forgot how feisty these critters can be."

-----

-- Five hours later --

The outskirts of the city were now a silent battlefield. The colony had been destroyed, but the Dominion had taken its toll as well. Hundreds of bodies laid on the ground. Some were human, some were zerg. The zerg were torn to shreds by the explosive shells and armor-piercing bullets. The soldiers' bodies were completely destroyed. Their faces were mutilated, half-eaten, almost. The sun began to rise. Its bright light illuminated the blood-stained field and revealed another hundred bodies off in the distance.

Day 2 has begun! Send in your votes before Monday, April 25th, 9:00 PM!

Apr 22 2011, 4:33 am DevliN Post #295

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Thank you kindly, Raynor. :awesome:

I vote Tempz.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 22 2011, 4:59 am poison_us Post #296

Back* from the grave

Valerian stood in his battlecruiser peering down at Korhal
I vote DTBK

Joking aside:
this time stabbing it directly in the dead.
Not sure if this is just another typo or what.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't seem like there are clues at all in here. The little bit I had posted was likely just coincidence.

Apr 22 2011, 5:02 am Roy Post #297

Mafia got raped :awesome:

The screen went blank, and a new message appeared.

Tempz's avatar is just blank with text written on it.

The screen went blank. Back on the grounds of Korhal, a dropship was preparing to take off. Groups of marines, marauders, and ghosts were running into the loading dock of the ship. When they all got in, the ship flew off the ground and headed towards the outskirts of the city. As the dropship flew over the city, the pilots could see the damage that the zerg had so quickly done. Near the borders of Augustgrad, everything had been destroyed. Buildings were left in shambles, fires were ablaze, engulfing everything from huge trees to small flowers, and the disgusting slime of the zerg had made its way onto the paved streets.

Looks significant, but I didn't find anything. The "blank" thing comes up again.

The squad leader waved his arm, signaling his men to begin the ambush.

This stood out to me. Ray and Olimar are the only avatars with arms.

As soon as he opened the bar's doors, he was deafened by the sound of automatic guns and explosions going off in the distance.

Ray's avatar is the only one with a gun in it.

He turned to the south and saw the sky light up. Colors of orange, red, and yellow filled the sky. The sound of explosions increased. The sound of agonizing screams became louder, almost more apparent than the thunderous booms from the battle.

There aren't any avatars from players still alive that match this description perfectly, but the closest are: Roy, Raitaki, Ray, Olimar. And kinda Wing, Devlin, Siberian.

He stopped at the door and knocked four times.

The number four seems significant. I wouldn't put it past Demon to make this against the fourth player (Olimar), but it could mean something else. Post #4 is by Devlin. Players with an ID that starts with four are: Ray, poison, Tempz.

A red hand print was on the kitchen counter.

Avatars with visible hands: Ray, Olimar, Voyager.

"Damn it," Raynor said, "That's no paint! Move in, boys!"

This sounds a lot like what Raynor said in the SC2 campaign's drill mission, where the Protoss brought in warp prisms and he was all like "Dammit, those aren't air units, they're transports!" At least that's what I thought of. Not sure if it means anything.

The men reached for their guns and ran towards the front door.

Guns -> Ray. Then again, it is StarCraft.

He heard a scream echo throughout the house.

Probably a Demon clue. :P

He swung his knife at the zerg again, this time stabbing it directly in the dead.

Directly in the dead :awesome: it's probably a typo, or maybe a clue pointing to my avatar.

The zerg were torn to shreds by the explosive shells and armor-piercing bullets.

I probably should have mentioned it earlier, but Demon mentions a lot of shredding and tearing. Maybe it's a clue.

Their faces were mutilated, half-eaten, almost.

Sounds like me again.

I vote Tempz.

Apr 22 2011, 5:13 am poison_us Post #298

Back* from the grave

Just throwing this out there...I doubt it's true, but I think Voy may be mafia...the "typo" I posted about earlier may point to his avatar's "VAGENDA", where the typo is off by more than one letter. Again, bad clue, so don't bother.

In-depth clues aren't really Demon's style, but the sacrifice of the Colony may be a link to Observer's sacrifice to save another mafia :teach: .

I vote Tempz. Might as well, I doubt he's mafia but I can't really change a bandwaggon at this point.

Apr 22 2011, 5:20 am Roy Post #299

Quote from poison_us
In-depth clues aren't really Demon's style, but the sacrifice of the Colony may be a link to Observer's sacrifice to save another mafia :teach: .
Or Apos for that matter (last-minute voting).

Quote from poison_us
I vote Tempz. Might as well, I doubt he's mafia but I can't really change a bandwaggon at this point.
Yeah, two votes is basically unstoppable :P

Apr 22 2011, 5:21 am poison_us Post #300

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us
Yeah, two votes is basically unstoppable :P[/quote]
Especially when we have Devlin and you, both known veterans of mafia, actively voting for the same goal.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1724 >
  Back to forum