Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: yo sup dawg so i herd life...
yo sup dawg so i herd life...
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 5 2011, 6:14 pm
By: Sand Wraith
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Mar 8 2011, 4:38 pm Fire_Kame Post #41

wth is starcraft

Quote from MadZombie
Unless you are miserable because of some diesease or something that happened to you that you couldn't prevent or just something bothering you out of your own power, it's your own fault noob.

Start being awesome.

I'd have to agree. I've noticed a lot of these threads are starting by people who choose to not apply themselves. No wonder they're unhappy. I had to learn that the only way to be happy is to enjoy what I'm doing, and that no matter what do not change that. The minute I stop loving what I'm doing, I'll change it. I don't have all the answers. I'm living in my parents basements. But I have a viable plan to become better. And I am perfectly happy to be where I am right now if it means later on to be able to do what I want.

:awesome: and this:

lol image name

Mar 8 2011, 6:03 pm Sand Wraith Post #42

she/her

Even when I wasn't applying myself earlier this year, I was happier. just fyi
(And there have been tons of times I've applied myself and wasn't happy with applying myself anyway)

Anyway, I feel pretty happy right now so

Mar 9 2011, 12:04 am TiKels Post #43

You aren't going to just be happy by being productive. You took the wrong message out of that. Happiness is dependent on your willingness to be happy and the realization of this fact. You have to learn this. There is no secret to being always happy, but you can try damn hard to be happy. Just the same that you aren't going to always be sad every day of the year in your current state. Way back-a-days I gave up on life. Not in a suicidal sense, but in an applicatory sense. My sister pretty much sat down with me and talked to me and it started out with me saying "I don't care" and then her "Why" and me "Because it is easier not to apply ones-self" and then I listened at "Yeah it is, but..." the rest doesn't matter. The point was she caught my attention at a statement like that. It cut through what I saw as a world of falsity and fakeness with something I knew as already true, and she offered an alternative. It was uphill from there.

You can wake up one day and be happy, and wake up another and be sad. Even things like diet can effect one's emotions. It's the average of your days that matter.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 9 2011, 12:20 am Dem0n Post #44

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Fire_Kame
Why is he lecturing spiderman?
That is spiderman, right?

Mar 9 2011, 12:23 am Sand Wraith Post #45

she/her

condoms are good because they are cheap, effective protection

Pills: $15-$50!
IUDs (????): $200-$400!

95%-97% effective against pregnancy and STIs

death by hanging is extremely effectively when the noose is properly adjusted and the length of the rope appropriate for the to-be-dead!

Mar 9 2011, 12:39 am NinjaOtis Post #46

If you aren't finding purpose in life, get involved in community activities or volunteer, shit man I tutor kids and it is by far one of the greatest feelings of accomplishment in my life, just do something that you want to do, sit down, think, and find out what you're interested in.

I needed a good kick in the ass when my grades started to slip, now I'm back and happier than ever.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 12:55 am Sand Wraith Post #47

she/her

THE ONLY THING I WANT TO DO IS CRUSH MY ENEMIES: FLAY THEIR SKINS FOR CLOTHING, DRINK THEIR BLOOD TO SLAKE MY THIRST, GRIND THEIR BONES TO MAKE MY BREAD, AND BREAK THEIR HEARTS TO BATHE IN TEARS

Mar 9 2011, 3:06 am Voyager7456 Post #48

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from Fire_Kame

Probably something to do with the Registration Act as Spiderman switches sides during that conflict.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Mar 9 2011, 3:15 am Centreri Post #49

Relatively ancient and inactive

Why was I surprised that Voy knew something about this?

None.

Mar 9 2011, 8:33 pm Jack Post #50

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from Fire_Kame

Probably something to do with the Registration Act as Spiderman switches sides during that conflict.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen that panel in one of the mutant wars comics.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 9 2011, 8:43 pm CaptainWill Post #51

Quote from Sand Wraith
condoms are good because they are cheap, effective protection

Pills: $15-$50!
IUDs (????): $200-$400!

95%-97% effective against pregnancy and STIs

death by hanging is extremely effectively when the noose is properly adjusted and the length of the rope appropriate for the to-be-dead!

IUDs are free in the UK.

Wow, US really is a long way behind in sexual health/fertility provision.

But as for suicide - yeah, don't do that. Most effective, painless, least traumatic and disfiguring way is to... not going to go there, but it's fairly obvious.

None.

Mar 10 2011, 4:10 am Fire_Kame Post #52

wth is starcraft

Most planned parenthood's charge on a sliding the scale, the less you have the less it costs for contraceptives as well as checkups/tests.

IUDs can be closer to 1k, actually :hurr: also, it looks painful. How did this conversation derail to birth control?

Mar 10 2011, 5:10 am DevliN Post #53

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'm happy where I'm at in life now, but I'm living existentially to keep myself from being depressed. Overall I've hated a lot of what I've done in the past, and have more regrets than I can count. I don't think suicide is that great of an idea, but I'm slightly sociopathic and sometimes just see it as an easy way out.

You're still a kid, you shouldn't be worrying about this now. Wait until you feel the pressure of the real world, and see how you do. School always made me feel like shit because I was one of those smart kids who would rather do anything other than homework, seeing all of it as a waste of time. I have yet to find a use for any math over basic algebra, any history, my vast knowledge of Renaissance art, and anything having to do with chemistry or biology. I get the point of a well-rounded education, but I don't feel like I'm better off because of it (maybe with the exception of the Renaissance art thing, because I actually like going to museums). Once I graduated from high school and decided to start working immediately, it felt like a huge weight lifted from my shoulders and I had some independence finally. I have a feeling you'll have the same reaction, though you'll still have to be responsible and find a job and whatnot. :P

Also, IUDs apparently aren't painful but do have a tendency to fall out or cause more bleeding than normal. So that's not fun.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 11 2011, 12:23 pm MadZombie Post #54

Instead of rope to hang yourself use a flat rope blade thing used for really long saws and then glue your hands to your head. That way when you jump off something to hang yourself, you're head will be cut off but still attached to your hands. It'll look like you just ripped your head off with your hands. It'll be cool, I swears.

None.

Mar 11 2011, 8:42 pm Fire_Kame Post #55

wth is starcraft

Quote from DevliN
Also, IUDs apparently aren't painful but do have a tendency to fall out or cause more bleeding than normal. So that's not fun.

Not painful until something goes wrong. Also ahhh bleeding! This is probably TMI but I think that would literally kill me. Or cause me to go anemic. :hurr: :durr:

Mar 11 2011, 10:11 pm OlimarandLouie Post #56

SEN is teaching me new things. :)

None.

Mar 12 2011, 12:05 am rayNimagi Post #57

Quote from MadZombie
Unless you are miserable because of some diesease or something that happened to you that you couldn't prevent or just something bothering you out of your own power, it's your own fault noob.

Start being awesome.
This.

My life is a string of epic wins because I make it that way. :awesome:

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 12 2011, 12:08 am ClansAreForGays Post #58

It was actually "No taxation without representation"
But I guess standing up to everyone and blah blah blah sounds cooler.

Mar 13 2011, 12:35 am Sand Wraith Post #59

she/her

I am stupid as fuck. Natural intelligence - what is it?

I don't know whether that is out of my power or not. It's kinda depressing to have so many people around you understand black box scenarios so easily. The best I can do it seems is get ahead, but it still bothers me that I'm stupid.

Mar 13 2011, 12:54 am TiKels Post #60

Quote from Sand Wraith
I am stupid as fuck. Natural intelligence - what is it?

I don't know whether that is out of my power or not. It's kinda depressing to have so many people around you understand black box scenarios so easily. The best I can do it seems is get ahead, but it still bothers me that I'm stupid.
Can you please explain EVERYTHING you just said?

Why do you say you are stupid? What do you mean by "natural intelligence"?
You don't know whether being intelligent is out of your power? What is a black box scenario? Who are the people that understand them? Get ahead of/in what... life?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum