Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: 10 years later
10 years later
Feb 21 2011, 3:28 am
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Feb 21 2011, 5:07 pm ClansAreForGays Post #41

Quote from Lingie
31. Hopefully with someone who loves me back for what I love them for. Probably an IT guy for some corporate business, small or large.
Good luck finding a girl who loves you for your huge boobies.

Meanwhile, I'll be raising the person who will raise the person to fix the world.

Feb 21 2011, 5:39 pm payne Post #42

:payne:

Quote from poison_us
Quote from payne
What's with all your retards that want to get married? What's so appealing about marriage? All I see is fucking enormous disadvantages. >_>
Maybe some of us have had meaningful relationships.
I do understand that. But how does it justify marriage?
Marriage costs a lot, is a false promess, is a way to brag about having a partner, is a way to consider the said partner as an object, is a nightmare when it comes to brake-ups, etc.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 5:43 pm Centreri Post #43

Relatively ancient and inactive

Don't be annoying, Payne. Don't want to get married, don't. But it would be fantastic if you didn't call everyone who disagreed with you a retard. No one is interested in arguing with you on this matter.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 5:44 pm Echo Post #44

64. Probably dead or retired from my steel mill factory. Man I hate my boss. Always yapping because my union is keeping me from getting fired. I wish I was young and hip again. No matter what I wear, I still feel old. I doubt I will find a lover. I'm 54 and I have no wife or children.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 5:45 pm payne Post #45

Quote from Centreri
Don't be annoying, Payne. Don't want to get married, don't. But it would be fantastic if you didn't call everyone who disagreed with you a retard. No one is interested in arguing with you on this matter.
What is rationally relevant to marriage?

None.

Feb 21 2011, 5:46 pm Centreri Post #46

Relatively ancient and inactive

Not going to argue. :) "No one is interested" includes me.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 5:52 pm payne Post #47

Quote from Centreri
Not going to argue. :) "No one is interested" includes me.
Way to dodge a debate which could've been interesting. :ego:

None.

Feb 21 2011, 6:52 pm Fire_Kame Post #48

wth is starcraft

Quote from payne
What's with all your retards that want to get married? What's so appealing about marriage? All I see is fucking enormous disadvantages. >_>
I thought about trolling you using 'da comrade' but I reached my quota/thread when I did it to Cent.

The best response to this is 'no u.' If you don't want to get married, fine.

The reason why I see it happening in ten years? Because my boyfriend and I have talked about it and where we're going. This type of thing comes up when you've been with someone for three years - hell we've talked about kids (Well the issue was sort of forced in on us, since my sister formed a babby). Because it is an institution that I believe in. Because I find it to be a manifestation of trust and commitment. I don't really see any disadvantages to getting married beyond the possible tax disadvantage.

To be honest, you sound bitter. What did you hope to achieve by calling us 'retards?'

Feb 21 2011, 6:56 pm Roy Post #49

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Fire_Kame
What did you hope to achieve by calling us 'retards?'
An achievement.

In 10 years I see myself being 10 years older, and not much else; I have no idea what job I'll have, but it will most likely be computer-related. I don't know why everyone is so fascinated in predicting their future, to be honest.

Feb 21 2011, 6:57 pm Fire_Kame Post #50

wth is starcraft

Quote from payne
Quote from poison_us
Quote from payne
Marriage costs a lot, is a false promess, is a way to brag about having a partner, is a way to consider the said partner as an object, is a nightmare when it comes to brake-ups, etc.
EDIT: I see. First off.
*promise and *break-ups.
Marriage doesn't have to cost a lot. I am perfectly content with getting married in my backyard with a potluck dinner after. That's like...cost of the marriage license +what $50? If I want to buy a nice dress maybe a few hundred more - but to be fair I buy special occasion dresses for about $200 or so.
Prove every marriage is full of false promises. You made the statement - the burden of proof is on you.
I see high schoolers hanging all over each other all the time and I doubt they're married.
I don't consider my boyfriend an object.
I don't plan on 'braking up' with someone I marry.

Feb 21 2011, 7:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #51

Just here for the pie

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from payne
Quote from poison_us
Quote from payne
I see high schoolers hanging all over each other all the time and I doubt they're married.
They are on Facebook.

Feb 21 2011, 7:45 pm payne Post #52

Quote from Fire_Kame
1. Prove every marriage is full of false promises. You made the statement - the burden of proof is on you.
2. I don't consider my boyfriend an object.
3. I don't plan on 'braking up' with someone I marry.
1. One of the promise you make to each other during the ceremony is that you will always love each other, until death separate you. You'll always do your best to protect the other, cherish him/her, blah blah.
Come back to me after 10 years and tell me if you have been able to apply all of these.
Human isn't supposed to be monogamist; it's part of our instinct to feel attracted by more than one person. While some philosophers would disagree with me, I believe thinking about it is a fault (in the terms of trying to stay faithful to one own's monogamist view).

2. Calling him "my boyfriend" is a unconscious process treating him as an object.
Tell me that if ever you find him in the bed with another woman, you won't hate the woman because you thought he was yours.

3. Who does? >_>
It's not a matter of "I do not plan on doing so", it's a matter of "there are chances that even if you don't plan on doing so, you might do so".

EDIT: Forgot to say thank you for correcting me on the 2 words. :3

EDIT: Also, sorry for calling people "retards" because they want to marry: that's just the way I like to provoke. I know it's something I must change. I am not thinking of any married people as retards, though I do believe marriage is stupid.
If people need a ring to feel safe about their relation (because it is, for a lot of people, "a manifestation of trust and commitment", as you put it), well, I am deceived about their couple.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 21 2011, 8:00 pm by payne.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 7:52 pm Fire_Kame Post #53

wth is starcraft

Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame
1. Prove every marriage is full of false promises. You made the statement - the burden of proof is on you.
1. One of the promise you make to each other during the ceremony is that you will always love each other, until death separate you. You'll always do your best to protect the other, cherish him/her, blah blah.
Come back to me after 10 years and tell me if you have been able to apply all of these.
Human isn't supposed to be monogamist; it's part of our instinct to feel attracted by more than one person. While some philosophers would disagree with me, I believe thinking about it is a fault (in the terms of trying to stay faithful to one own's monogamist view).

2. Calling him "my boyfriend" is a unconscious process treating him as an object.
Tell me that if ever you find him in the bed with another woman, you won't hate the woman because you thought he was yours.

3. Who does? >_>
It's not a matter of "I do not plan on doing so", it's a matter of "there are chances that even if you don't plan on doing so, you might do so".

1) Considering I've known my boyfriend since we were three, I think we'd be fine :P

2) He prefers me calling him that online instead of by his name. I've asked. Like how I refer to my sisters as 'my sisters' 'my parents' 'my friends' unless you really want me to say "Mark Stephens is someone I met at school and who I have since started dating" every time instead.

3) And there are chances that if I plan on divorcing, I won't. I don't see your point.

Feb 21 2011, 8:00 pm payne Post #54

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame

3. Who does? >_>

1) Considering I've known my boyfriend since we were three, I think we'd be fine :P

2) He prefers me calling him that online instead of by his name. I've asked. Like how I refer to my sisters as 'my sisters' 'my parents' 'my friends' unless you really want me to say "Mark Stephens is someone I met at school and who I have since started dating" every time instead.

3) And there are chances that if I plan on divorcing, I won't. I don't see your point.
(I've edited my message after you replied to it btw.)

1. Not proving much, though it does increase your chances of staying faithful to each other (or at least, I believe so).

2. As you might know, I'm against Private Property in general, so I don't think we could finish this debate as easily. And yes, I believe "my" is a word that should be erased.
(Now yes, I do use it and I would call the girl I'd be dating with "my girlfriend", but hey, I'm an hypocrite. :awesome:
And it still doesn't mean I think it's right.)

3. Forcing yourself to love? Nice advantage of the marriage, indeed.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 8:41 pm JaFF Post #55

What will I be doing in 10 years time? Probably figuring out what will I be doing in 10 years time.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 9:09 pm lil-Inferno Post #56

Just here for the pie

Payne, what you're saying is that "my girlfriend" should be everyone's girlfriend. ;o

Feb 21 2011, 9:31 pm payne Post #57

Quote from lil-Inferno
Payne, what you're saying is that "my girlfriend" should be everyone's girlfriend. ;o
Yep.
Yet if people want to have intercourse with her, it must with her agreement. If she refuses to have sex with anyone else but you, well, so be it. >_>
I'm just against the fact of the partner being against his partner's sexual intercourse with other people than him.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 9:38 pm Roy Post #58

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Feb 21 2011, 10:35 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #59

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from payne
Quote from poison_us
Quote from payne
They are on Facebook.

This post wins.

Also, payne, you're wrong.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 10:47 pm Dem0n Post #60

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from lil-Inferno
I doubt you have a girlfriend.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum