Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6

Feb 22 2011, 10:42 pm Fire_Kame Post #101

wth is starcraft

Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from name:private_parts
I don't think much of marriage because I don't believe in religious nonsense. That reduces marriage to more of an official ceremony recognizing a feeling between two people that they already knew they felt long before.

None of that stupid Christian babble, thank you.
Pretty sure marriage is a religious institution, not just Christian.

I will say this - I wish marriage was deregulated in the states. That way, all of you can enter into a civil contract with your life partner - be you gay, straight, or with a heterosexual life partner (for example if a guy stuck in bachelor mode for the rest of his life wants his wingman to be with him should he die, I don't see why I should halt that), I'd be okay with it. But really...if you want to discuss this split the topic.
This.

As far as the as the religious aspect goes, I've thought about it before, as I am an atheist who would like to get married someday. In the end, I think the only thing that matters is what marriage means to you and your partner. All that other stuff is irrelevant. Plus, you could always get Dan Barker to marry you :P
you're an atheist agnostic then. Atheists go out of their way to deny the existence of god or higher power, they do not merely 'not believe in god'. Agnostics admit their exists a god or higher, but they choose not to adhere to the practices and teachings for any number of reasons. Some good ones are, you and god don't see eye to eye on the injustices in the world or that you feel human interference in the practice of true religion has corrupted the very thing which is to supposedly please god.

Just thought I'd correct you on that one. It's not nice being an atheist, or falsely admitting to being one and getting in a shitstorm over it.

Hahaha - you almost got me there. 6/10.
SHUT UP YOU STUPID AGNOSTIC.

:P

Feb 22 2011, 10:55 pm RIVE Post #102

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from RIVE
Quote from Echo
I doubt I will find a lover. I'm 54 and I have no wife or children.
You can be handy mending a fuse when my lights have gone as I knit a sweater by the fireside.
Will you still be sending me a valentine? Birthday greeting? bottle of wine??
That depends. If I would be out till quarter to three, would you lock the door?

None.

Feb 23 2011, 12:05 am EzDay281 Post #103

Quote from RIVE
Quote from RIVE
Quote from Echo
I doubt I will find a lover. I'm 54 and I have no wife or children.
You can be handy mending a fuse when my lights have gone as I knit a sweater by the fireside.
Will you still be sending me a valentine? Birthday greeting? bottle of wine??
That depends. If I would be out till quarter to three, would you lock the door?
We would be so happy you and me, no one there to tell us what to do.

waitthat'snotright

None.

Feb 23 2011, 2:35 am payne Post #104

:payne:

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Is it me or does it sound like payne is scared shitless of making weighty promises?
I just dislike making promises I do not think I will be able to stay faithful to.
Promising something like my love to someone for a whole life period is something I wouldn't risk.
Not to mention that, to me, marriage is only a superfluous way to say ''I love you''. ;o

None.

Feb 23 2011, 8:15 pm Observer12425 Post #105

Uh... if this thread was intended to make it from point A to point B, it wound up somewhere around point K.
Plans make the world go round until they take a missile to the side and spiral toward the ground in a flaming ball of failure. I'd personally like to be killing debt in ten years, with a house and a job.

None.

Feb 28 2011, 10:51 pm MadZombie Post #106

I made this thread because I had to write a small essay on the the topic and I wanted to copy and paste a post here and hand it in. But you guys suck.

None.

Mar 3 2011, 1:58 am Observer12425 Post #107

I deeply apologize for not doing your homework for you=)

None.

Mar 5 2011, 1:13 am TiKels Post #108

If I were to wake up tomorrow to find my age manipulated by a figure of ten, I would, of course, be curious as to what my surroundings were. I would see naught but a desolate apartment, a curious feline companion, Mr. Fluffikins, and an almost out-of-place bottle of fine alcohol. I never like to skimp on the important stuff. What about a woman, though, one may be tempted to ask. There may be the occasional date, but nothing further. I most definitely was never one to enjoy being forced to be confined with the likes of someone so far opposite to my own set of biological implements.

Good enough? For a start?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 5 2011, 4:15 am Fire_Kame Post #109

wth is starcraft

Sounds like a typically college pad...

Mar 6 2011, 3:30 pm TiKels Post #110

It's kinda hastily written, because I wanted the irony of having a well-thought out (appearing) paragraph, but I realized that I don't even enjoy doing my OWN schoolwork... so it lacks flow...

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 7 2011, 6:16 pm Fire_Kame Post #111

wth is starcraft

Incidentally I found an essay my freshman seminar teacher made us write our first semester...we were supposed to write where we wanted to be in five years :hurr: Looking at it, it kinda bothers me when people say they are where they expected they'd be in five years ago. It just seems...naive usually.

Mar 7 2011, 6:34 pm DevliN Post #112

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

How close are you to your own prediction?

I never would have guessed I'd be where I'm at five years ago.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 7 2011, 6:37 pm Fire_Kame Post #113

wth is starcraft

Quote from DevliN
How close are you to your own prediction?
Well I was a theater major in Chicago...so I thought I'd be doing tech work in Chicago after I graduated. Namely, I wanted to be working towards joining the SAG. Since I've changed my major to business...its changed quite a bit. I want to stay in Denver and open my own business that probably won't be theater** related.

However, I have found a state school that offers an MBA program in theater business which is very interesting to me. That'd be awesome to run a theater. Other than the the business side to it or management side to it (I used to be a stage manager in high school which was a lot of fun) I don't foresee myself pursuing something in theater unless it is volunteering on house crew to get free tickets. :awesome:

Mar 7 2011, 6:40 pm IskatuMesk Post #114

Lord of the Locker Room

I am pretty close to where I predicted five/ten years ago even. I knew life wasn't going anywhere so I predicted "it's going to suck a lot worse than it does now and I probably won't be doing much modding anymore." Hey, I was right!

I don't make unrealistic expectations. Modding taught me not to do that.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6
  Back to forum