Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What should I do?
What should I do?
Dec 13 2010, 12:57 am
By: Alzarath
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Dec 13 2010, 4:29 am dumbducky Post #21

Start a business and work hard and you can become successful because capitalism is the best.

tits

Dec 13 2010, 4:47 am Fire_Kame Post #22

wth is starcraft

Quote from dumbducky
Start a business and work hard and you can become successful because capitalism is the best.
CAPITALISM FOR THE WIN

Dec 13 2010, 5:12 am DavidJCobb Post #23

Quote from name:Artanis186
Alright, I'm not gonne beat around the bush here. No substitutes, nothing.

So, at the moment, and for a while now, my life is basically meaningless. I serve no purpose, I have no visible future, nothing. I'm only good at video games, and sometimes I wonder about even that. I want to spend my life playing videos games, and that's all. I've dropped out of school, I'm now 18 and I could be thrown out at any time (though it's not really been brought up). I have no job, don't even have my permit, let alone drivers license. No girlfriend, and I don't even want one.

I plan on dieing sometime soon. No, not because I'm suicidal, I just feel like my time is coming in the near future. I'm actually content with my life as is right now. But I know eventually I'm gonna be thrown out, or my parents will become too old to be my care-takers, etc.

In reality, all I want to do is play games my entire life, but I know that's not gonna be the case. I am a very lazy person and getting a job would be rather difficult in my position. I once had a dream of becoming a video game designer, but that's faded pretty far by now. I'd be lucky to get a single job as is, let alone an apartment and be able to take care of myself, along with getting internet and electricity.

In other words, I'm okay with my present, but worried about my future. So what do you, my closest friends, think I should do?
I feel ya. What should you do? You should probably do what I've done: abandon all hope.

Context for my answer.

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:16 am Centreri Post #24

Relatively ancient and inactive

David, that was so Emo, I couldn't even finish it. Are you depressed? Dumbducky, you've become the biggest troll on SEN over the course of what I believe was two days. wtf? Also, I'm wise, and I said it. Lastly, care to provide feedback on our suggestions, Artanis?

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:19 am payne Post #25

:payne:

Quote from Centreri
David, that was so Emo, I couldn't even finish it. Are you depressed?
Reading his texts/posts on FaceBook really aren't happy times. :(

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:24 am dumbducky Post #26

"i'm weak"
Go to the gym and work out. It won't even take long to notice you're getting stronger.
"i can't cook"
Make spaghetti. It's easy
"I don't know how to drive"
Go take drives ed. It's easy.
"I don't know anything about cars"
So what? Neither do I and I drive every day with no problems. The few things you need to know are so trivially easy that the problem is actually remembering to do them.
"Nobody loves me"
Because nobody loves a self-loathing loser. Go do something.
"My life is meaningless unless i'm a firefighter."
Then go be a firefighter. It's not like that's some sort of super exclusive field. You can even do the volunteer shit if you don't want to go all in. Not that web design isn't totally lacking in value. If someone is willing to pay, then it has value.
"I've exerted all my worth"
Which is what, sitting on the internet whining about how lame your life is because you don't do anything? I wonder why.

You people are so unmotivated for the stupidest reasons. Stop rationalizing lazyness.

tits

Dec 13 2010, 5:27 am DavidJCobb Post #27

Quote from dumbducky
"i'm weak"
Go to the gym and work out. It won't even take long to notice you're getting stronger.
Tried it, didn't work. No motivation.
"i can't cook"
Make spaghetti. It's easy
Tried it, didn't work. I can't even remember how to cook fucking hotdogs unless I'm talked through it.
"I don't know how to drive"
Go take drives ed. It's easy.
Where?
"I don't know anything about cars"
So what? Neither do I and I drive every day with no problems. The few things you need to know are so trivially easy that the problem is actually remembering to do them.
The kind of car that's not a van or a truck... Whazzat called? (Among other things.)
"Nobody loves me"
Because nobody loves a self-loathing loser. Go do something.
Why shouldn't I loathe my loser self?
"My life is meaningless unless i'm a firefighter."
Then go be a firefighter. It's not like that's some sort of super exclusive field. You can even do the volunteer shit if you don't want to go all in. Not that web design isn't totally lacking in value. If someone is willing to pay, then it has value.
It was an example.
"I've exerted all my worth"
Which is what, sitting on the internet whining about how lame your life is because you don't do anything? I wonder why.
'S all I'm good for.

You people are so unmotivated for the stupidest reasons. Stop rationalizing lazyness.
At least try to make your trolling a little less blatant. Subtlety is key.

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:35 am Centreri Post #28

1) Think about how crappy your life will be if you can't muster up enough motivation to not be a stick.
2) I don't know how to make hotdogs either. Spaghetti instructions are right on the box, thankfully.
3) Google.
4) Sedan. Other than that, I know nothing.
5) Because it's self-fulfilling. If you want to be better, you stop hating yourself.
6) It was an invalid example.
7) Lol.

I don't think this was him trolling...

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:37 am Sand Wraith Post #29

she/her

If web development is all you're good for, why not do it?

Life is intrinsically meaningless. Accept that fact and get on with your life.

Dec 13 2010, 5:39 am dumbducky Post #30

I wasn't trolling. I told you how to stop becoming a self-loathing loser and you wrote it off by rationalizing your behavior. There isn't anything a thread on the internet can do for you.

@SW: I take exception to that. Life is only meaningless if you do not believe in God. If you do, then life has plenty of meaning. If you don't, then yeah.

tits

Dec 13 2010, 5:46 am Sand Wraith Post #31

she/her

Quote from dumbducky
@SW: I take exception to that. Life is only meaningless if you do not believe in God. If you do, then life has plenty of meaning. If you don't, then yeah.

I refute that: I specifically mean that life is meaningless unless otherwise given a meaning by humans. Which makes absolutely no sense since humans are under the umbrella of life.

But I still don't think life has any meaning to it. It's just a bunch of chemical interactions that have occurred randomly, appropriate to the environment.
It only has meaning when we bother to tag it with something equally meaningless like "God" or "peace" or whatever. MEH, I DON'T CARE ANYWAY

Dec 13 2010, 5:47 am Centreri Post #32

Your philosophy is wrong.

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:50 am DT_Battlekruser Post #33

Life is only ever what you see it to be from your perspective; therefore it has whatever meaning you should choose to give it, and a more fundamental judgment is unachievable from life.

On that subject, I really think such topics at least belong in null (like the last one).

>>Null

None.

Dec 13 2010, 5:57 am Pieh Post #34

You know, I used to be in the boat with these guys. I couldn't even boil water when I graduated High School, I didn't know how to do my own laundry, and I was honestly in the same boat. I lived my HS life thinking "It's OK not to learn these skills, I'll get hit by a truck tomorrow and die and it'll be fine" Well, that truck never came. My mental health grew more unstable to the point where I attempted suicide. And that's the kicker. My Mom kicked me out of the house (Wouldn't let me back in after I tried to kill myself, though she did do me the favor of driving my puke covered body to the nearby fire station), and I lived in the hospital for a while. This wasn't my first visit, but it was my last. I ended up on the couch at a friend's house when they released me. And this is something I don't always feel comfortable telling people, but it might help. I was being tormented by my inner demons as a lay there in a stupor. And I prayed. I prayed to whatever God existed to help me out. I had a vision of my immortal soul rising from the depths of a hellish pit towards a light in the sky. I can't tell you what I saw in the pit, and it wouldn't help, it was my own personal Hell and I have never experienced anything worse than that. I was saved from the pit, though. Something took an interest in me. Now, every night before I fall asleep: I look skyward, and I say "Thank you" Because I know that my lot in life is given to me as a gift, I take the good with the bad and see everything that happens to me as exactly what was meant to happen, as if it was put there for me. For a reason. You guys just need to find a little faith, in yourselves or something bigger.

TL;DR - Pieh gets srs

None.

Dec 13 2010, 6:01 am NicholasBeige Post #35

This one time I got out of bed and stubbed my toe on a hardback book. Man I felt like shit. But you know what I did? I carried on through. And here I am today. Touching stuff, isn't it?

None.

Dec 13 2010, 6:01 am Fire_Kame Post #36

wth is starcraft

You know, there's an entire website dedicated to life hacks. You guys should look it up.

Dec 13 2010, 6:07 am Voyager7456 Post #37

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Fucking hell guys, you're even more depressing/pathetic than /r9k/.

And that takes work.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Dec 13 2010, 6:23 am Sand Wraith Post #38

she/her

Quote from Voyager7456
Fucking hell guys, you're even more depressing/pathetic than /r9k/.

And that takes work.

It's all that we're good for man, amen.

let's cut our wrists in a corner and shun those who don't understand

fml so much

it hurts so good

feels bad man

feels bad

Dec 13 2010, 7:22 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #39

👻 👾 👽 💪

So thoughts like some of these sometimes pass through my head ... but this topic made me more optimistic about my future. Even though I'm probably just as lazy and unmotivated as all these duds, I can at least take care of myself (laundry, dishes, cooking, transportation, etc.) and am able to say "Hey, why not?" then start doing something. ... I've had a few odd-jobs, registered for school (and signing up for classes), and have at least started making a few goals for my future. Sure I'm not excited about it, but I'm at least glad that I'm not completely stagnating and am moving forward a little bit.

... And I started doing my own cooking and laundry in like early Jr. High, and even then I wasn't unfamiliar with the concepts.

People are such downers. D: Learn to look for the good in things...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 13 2010, 7:28 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 13 2010, 7:25 am CecilSunkure Post #40

Quote from DavidJCobb
Context for my answer.

David, perhaps if you put effort into solving your problems, your self-esteem will be both boosted and you won't have any reason to think like you are anymore. You're skinny? Work out. She doesn't know you're interested in her? Tell her. With life, you're dealt a hand of cards. The exact cards you are dealt seem random (who knows, maybe they are), though whether or not your hand was randomized the point remains that all anyone can do is make the best of the hand they are dealt.

David, you have more control over your life than you give yourself credit for. You have nothing to do except make the best of what you have, so you better do it. Why, you may ask? Because to not is to be naive, extremely naive. How do you know that there is no purpose? How do you know that you cannot succeed in solving a particular problem? You don't know. You just don't know what will happen or what purpose things have, so, again, all you have right now is to make the best of what you have.

Do you want to be a web developer? Do you? Then do it. Do you think you need to do something more significant? How would you define what "significant" is? You aren't omniscient, and so you cannot know that whatever you choose will be either significant or not. At the end of your life, for all anyone here knows (including you), anything could happen.

I suggest you figure out what you enjoy doing, or what you strive to be, then work towards it each and every day. At the moment I plan to become a professional game programmer. I will be a professional game programmer, within time. I've already made the preparations and taken the necessary steps towards getting on a path to become what I want. It's easy and anyone in the US is capable of doing so, assuming they are intelligent and motivated enough. You need to go on a pursuit of happiness with your life until you decide what is most purposeful. For many people religion is where they reside, for others they feel purpose simply in helping fellow man-kind. I plan to have a successful career and marry the women I love, and hopefully I'll stay as happy as I am now. Since I'm unsure of which world-view is the correct one I must remain Agnostic. In the meantime I'm making the best of my life as I possibly can, at least, until I finally decide on which world-view to adopt (if any).

As for this girl, I actually think you're experiencing limerence with her. If you haven't heard of this before I suggest reading into it; you'll at least find it interesting.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum