Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Where Did Your Username Come From?
Where Did Your Username Come From?
May 22 2010, 3:49 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

May 23 2010, 2:22 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #41

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Doodan
It's interesting to me that such a random circumstance led to a name that I now feel a great deal of emotional attachment to.
And that a lot of other people do, too. ;)
The name 'Doodan' could not be any more awesome.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 23 2010, 2:41 am Zycorax Post #42

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Zycorax since 2002. I blame this little rock and my former obsession with the letters x, y and z.

May 23 2010, 4:24 am poison_us Post #43

Back* from the grave

Quote from lil-Inferno
So, SENners, where did your user name come from?
Wouldn't you like to know?

May 23 2010, 5:07 pm samsizzle Post #44

My friend shortened my name and added sizzle to the end and here we are with samsizzle.

None.

May 23 2010, 6:54 pm CecilSunkure Post #45

Cecil is my favorite FF character of all time.

Sunkure is just something I made up on my own and tagged to the end for originality. I think of Cecil Sunkure as two separate names; first and last. I keep them together at all times as CecilSunkure for search engines. I had at one point wanted to create my own character named Cecil Sunkure, though just kept it as my online alias. I won't ever be around going by the name Cecil Sunkure, it will always be CecilSunkure, or Cecil_Sunkure.

None.

May 23 2010, 6:57 pm MadZombie Post #46

But Cecil is a common name in FF like Cid. :C

None.

May 23 2010, 6:59 pm stickynote Post #47

My name came to me when I was looking for a username for SEN. I sat there hoping for some great inspiration. Then I spied something yellow and sticky (I know, don't say it.)

EDIT: Oh, and my avatar came because I thought tassadar was so bad ass, sacrificing himself and him being all smart.

None.

May 23 2010, 7:16 pm Fire_Kame Post #48

wth is starcraft

my older sister had a user name as kame chick...based off of a dbz thing...I forget what. Someone lived in turtle house. I think? Kame = turtle in Japanese. So I based my name off of hers....and I continue to use it as a general gamer forum handle.

May 23 2010, 7:19 pm CaptainWill Post #49

Back in 1999 I joined the Ambrosia Software forums because they made a game that I was really into (Escape Velocity) and I wanted to mod for. There were a couple of other members who had "Captain" in their names, including "Captain Skyblade". I liked the name and decided to be "Captain Will". For Starcraft I dropped the space and became my current name, for which I got called "CaptainFaggot" and variations thereof by pubbies on Battle.net.

An 11 year old name...

None.

May 23 2010, 7:38 pm TiKels Post #50

Original name was oumo (Later epicafized to OuMo) which was a random spout of letters I made when I was like 7-8 for a game that no longer exists (planethotwheels.com) or something like that

Later changed to eX.ThisIsNot.eX to join clan exil (still exists the last I checked). I wanted to have a name off of a song, so I looked at my library of about 50 (lol) songs and chose the crappy Static X song.

Then I had the account TikTokClok[HaZ), which arose from the song Clock by Coal Chamber, which is also a terrible song.

My friend, after HaZ died, came on the account TIKELS trying to get my attention with a funny name because I was ignoring him, and then I asked for the name and recieved it. I believe it was FizzY (Who is on SEN).

And here we are... When I first got the account I thought I was gonna constantly be mistaken for a girl (Tickles sounds like a slut name IMO), and was ONE TIME the day I got on, and maybe another time a few months later. That's about it.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 23 2010, 7:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #51

wth is starcraft

Quote from CaptainWill
An 11 year old name...

Maybe the better question is how long have you used your current username? I think I've had mine for seven years.

edit: make that nine. Possibly longer.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 23 2010, 8:07 pm by Fire_Kame.

May 23 2010, 9:19 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #52

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Fire_Kame
my older sister had a user name as kame chick...based off of a dbz thing...I forget what. Someone lived in turtle house. I think? Kame = turtle in Japanese. So I based my name off of hers....and I continue to use it as a general gamer forum handle.
But when I watched DBZ I thought of you when I saw the kame house. :P

Quote from Fire_Kame
Maybe the better question is how long have you used your current username? I think I've had mine for seven years.
Mine is ~7 years. ;o A lot of my friends from Jr. High who occasionally go on battle.net often comment on my never changing name. Though I'm starting to use SaintOfIdiocy for some things (like my MSN/AIM names and such) ... mostly because it's not a fart joke. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 23 2010, 9:36 pm lil-Inferno Post #53

Just here for the pie

Quote from CaptainWill
For Starcraft I dropped the space and became my current name, for which I got called "CaptainFaggot" and variations thereof by pubbies on Battle.net.
I feel your pain. You can only imagine the creativity people put into their insults on my user name. I mean, holy shit, you gotta be a genius to think of lil-Dick.

May 23 2010, 9:45 pm Apos Post #54

I order you to forgive yourself!

I used to go to a private school for boys. It was directed by a religious community. In the school, we were separated by groups of grades (7-8-9) (10-11-[there was no grade 12 since we were to smart for that])

The (7-8-9), we were called "Apostolics" (In french it's "Apostoliques" were my name came from.) and the (10-11) were called "Pre-Candidates".

I left before I got to grade 10 so I only stayed an Apostolic.

The community was called the "Legionaries of Christ".
A couple years ago, their founder died and some really bad things were found against him (You can easily search it up on google.) Don't judge them on that, they are an awesome community.

For those wanting to know, since it was a boy school, everything was adapted for boys. Over 1h30m of sports each days, huge trips during the weekends and so on... (Dairy Queen in summer every Wednesday!)

Let's just end it here, it's getting WAY to awesome...

For my avatar,
It's an image taken from a mod I made back in 2008 - 2009. I got a couple more infested buildings, but that one seemed pretty good. It was when I was starting to learn how to use some more advance picture editors. (Before, I would always use the paint that comes with Windows. I was really good at it, but I would have to do everything pixel by pixel. One day I decided to use some better tools.)

I just took the answers I gave on my formspring.

May 23 2010, 10:54 pm Ultraviolet Post #55

I created this probably when I was in 3rd grade, 10 years ago, as a smurf account. One day we were doing some rhyming exercise or some shit like that and I was like "Nerdy.. Terdy.. ;o". Generally, if I'm signed up on a forum as NerdyTerdy, it means I don't care. I have other names I use in other places. Most commonly, Ultraviolet. Though I still act up on occasion on that :P

May 23 2010, 11:30 pm New-Guy Post #56

My name is just Not-so-New-Guy shortened down. I used that because the account I used before that (Tetris maste) was banned from SC for some reason...
Lately, on US west I've been using Hailene, which, if you read The Wheel of Time series, means The Return, because my account there got banned as well...

None.

May 24 2010, 1:41 am poison_us Post #57

Back* from the grave

Quote from samsizzle
My friend shortened my name
Samantha?

Also, mine is about 9 years. Can't remember why, so feel free to make judgments and such.

May 24 2010, 1:51 am CaptainWill Post #58

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from CaptainWill
An 11 year old name...

edit: make that nine. Possibly longer.

11 years if you don't count the change with the space. 7-8 if you do count it.

None.

May 24 2010, 2:35 am rayNimagi Post #59

Mine is actually an anagram for "imaginary." And everyone thinks it's Ray Nimagi (rey / nee-mag-ee), when it's really Ray N. Imagi (rey / en / ihm-ah-jee). Thanks all the forms in the old days that wouldn't let you have spaces in your username, it became rayNimagi.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

May 24 2010, 3:45 am samsizzle Post #60

Quote from poison_us
Quote from samsizzle
My friend shortened my name
Samantha?

Also, mine is about 9 years. Can't remember why, so feel free to make judgments and such.
LOL NO! Samson.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum