Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Where Did Your Username Come From?
Where Did Your Username Come From?
May 22 2010, 3:49 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >

May 24 2010, 3:50 am EzTerix Post #61

Quote from samsizzle
Quote from poison_us
Quote from samsizzle
My friend shortened my name
Samantha?

Also, mine is about 9 years. Can't remember why, so feel free to make judgments and such.
LOL NO! Samson.

lol your name reminds me of Little Samson =)

None.

May 24 2010, 4:10 am payne Post #62

:payne:

Here, I am only 'payne' because... I don't really know.
Normally, I use "bg-payne" or something similar ("bg_payne").
Somehow, a lot of people like that account name and often I had to add numbers. I normally add "catchy" numbers like "007" or "911" ;o

Anyways, here's my story:

Account name -
Around the age of 8 (or 10), I was a -huge- fan of Diablo 2. One of my best virtual-friend was named "Max-Payne". He was very cool!
He tricked me saying it was his real name (while we all know it's a game); I didn't know the game existed.
Anyways, one day, he left Diablo's server and I never saw him after. I am still wondering what was my account before this event, but from then, I had decided to add "payne" to my account name in his honor. (Yup, no link at all with "pain")
The "bg" I use is from my family names: "Berthiaume Grenier".

I never really had a specific avatar. In my first days of interwebz-naviguation, I used to find random pics, like them and set them as avatar. When I joined SEN, I think my avatar was this same one.
On Maplantis, I had a nuclear explosion.
I like this current avatar because it is plain, simple, and funny. ^^

Email -
My very first address was "lampadaire_brillant@hotmail.com". That was back in the primary school. Those French words means "shiny street-light" (street-light in the sense of those lights that lights up the street so we can actually see where we're going. And not those "Green/Yellow/Red" circulation lights).
I am still wondering how the hell I came up with such a dull/retarded/meaningless/etc. name, but anyways, what's done is done!
After being laughed at for 2 years at the school, I changed to "bg_payne_cool@hotmail.com".
Then, I changed to "bg_payne_????@hotmail.com" ('????' are just because I do not remember the 4-letters name I entered there).
Finally, I've had "bg_payne_love@hotmail.com" for quite a few years. I actually dislike it now, but I'm way too lazy to go through the process of changing of address. Instead, I've simply created a new one on GMail for jobs and this kind of related stuff: jeremi.grenier.berthiaume@gmail.com
It is simply my name separated with dots. I transfer all the messages from there to my "love" account. :)

None.

May 24 2010, 6:07 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #63

👻 👾 👽 💪

Payne is a real surname. ;o I just figured it was that.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 24 2010, 6:17 am nuclearrabbit Post #64

I've had this name for 12 years. I. Win.

None.

May 24 2010, 4:24 pm Wing Zero Post #65

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I signed up on Runescape around 2001ish as Wing_Zero123 (Wing Zero was taken) on someone elses comp and it lagged so bad i couldn't get through tutorial island ):, i ended up forgetting the pass for that account so i made a Wing_Zero234 when i got internet a few months later (I still go on occasionally because i feel its a waste to give up on an account I've worked on for so long). I've used some variation of that username ever since, I use Wing Zero as my first choice but its almost always taken QQ. In case you haven't figured it out by now my username is from the anime Gundam Wing. I am not very creative when it comes to names and I've grown attached to this one so I'm sticking to it.

I just remembered the first time i played OOT I named Link Zelda and didn't realize the princess was named Zelda :P

May 24 2010, 9:42 pm OlimarandLouie Post #66

So you signed up for Runescape in 2001 and your computer lagged the crap out of it? Was it Windows 95?

None.

May 24 2010, 9:49 pm Fire_Kame Post #67

wth is starcraft

Damn. I really want to play Runescape now.

May 24 2010, 10:23 pm Insane Crusader Post #68

When I was a kid I was trying to create my first e-mail address in yahoo, because Alex (my name) was taken and I didn't want my e-mail to read alex368@yahoo.com I thought up Insane Crusader. I don't remember exactly how I came up with it, either I read about the Crusades or had a lesson at school about the Crusades. The Insane part is because my friends always call me crazy.

None.

May 24 2010, 11:07 pm 420Valentine Post #69

Well lets see ..... My user name came from the smoker tradition started by a few young friendly fellows that would meet at some unknown monument at exactly 4:20 PM every single day of their lives to join each other in this world's greatest medicine and bonding ; a plant known to most as Cannabis...... And before my husband was adopted his birth mom's last name was Valentine. Now he is planning on turning it back to Valetine so I will be Mrs. valentine!!!!! 420Valetine...... Read it and weap ya'll

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO ~

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 25 2010, 3:18 am by FaRTy1billion. Reason: Removed text formatting.

None.

May 24 2010, 11:11 pm Fire_Kame Post #70

wth is starcraft

Quote from 420Valentine
[align=center][color=#C876DC]Well lets see ..... My user name came from the smoker tradition started by a few young friendly fellows that would meet at some unknown monument at exactly 4:20 PM every single day of their lives to join each other in this world's greatest medicine and bonding ; a plant known to most as Cannabis...... And before my husband was adopted his birth mom's last name was Valentine. Now he is planning on turning it back to Valetine so I will be Mrs. valentine!!!!! 420Valetine...... Read it and weap ya'll[size=14]

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO ~

Quoted for posterity.

May 24 2010, 11:12 pm Alzarath Post #71

Praetor

I just made mine up...

>.>
<.<

None.

May 24 2010, 11:59 pm Aristocrat Post #72

'Tis a noun that happened to be available on every site I found.

Questions?

None.

May 25 2010, 3:50 am poison_us Post #73

Back* from the grave

Quote from EzTerix
Quote from samsizzle
Quote from poison_us
Quote from samsizzle
My friend shortened my name
Samantha?

Also, mine is about 9 years. Can't remember why, so feel free to make judgments and such.
LOL NO! Samson.

lol your name reminds me of Little Samson =)
Or Big Samson

May 25 2010, 3:56 am Syphon Post #74

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from CaptainWill
An 11 year old name...

Maybe the better question is how long have you used your current username? I think I've had mine for seven years.

edit: make that nine. Possibly longer.

Since 1999. So, 11 years. Lol I was 7 when I started using this name.

Before that I was HellsGlytch.

None.

May 25 2010, 5:04 am Wing Zero Post #75

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from OlimarandLouie
So you signed up for Runescape in 2001 and your computer lagged the crap out of it? Was it Windows 95?
I first signed up on SOMEONE ELSE'S COMPUTER and it lagged because they had dialup, a few months later we finally got internet at home after a year of constant begging and history was made.

May 25 2010, 12:23 pm Ahli Post #76

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

My name is my nickname because it's the nickname of my last name. I've never changed it in SC because every map I made was tagged with "-made by Ahli", even without ever being on bnet then.

May 25 2010, 4:13 pm Riney Post #77

Thigh high affectionado

Dark_Ghost_123 was my first bnet name. At first I was like DUUUD I LOVE GHOSTS, so I made a name around it. I had previous played on some other website shit when I was like 12 and had a name of something_123, and I cant remember it. Then Dark_ seamed to be popping up all over the place, so I did that too.

Marine came later, after I learned how much I preferred marines to ghosts when it came to SC mapping.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

May 25 2010, 4:27 pm ClansAreForGays Post #78

Self-explanatory.

May 25 2010, 10:41 pm OlimarandLouie Post #79

Were did your avatar come from CAFG?

None.

May 25 2010, 11:01 pm Fire_Kame Post #80

wth is starcraft

Serious Oli? That was the original MySpace default photo.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >
  Back to forum