Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 63 64 65 66 6790 >

Nov 29 2010, 10:15 pm DavidJCobb Post #1281

Quote from name:Cardinal
Wouldn't call it abuse if its a legit bug and hasn't been reported before...

@DavidJCobb: You mentioned being forgetful. Consider this your first and final reminder. My EXTRAs button at the shoutbox does absolutely nothing at all when clicked.
I haven't forgotten but am only now able to test it.

Problem is, the "Extras" button on the Global and Main Shoutboxes works in my Firefox (3.6.12). I haven't tested Chrome and friends yet, but since others are reporting that the bug happens in their Firefoxes, I'm not sure if I'd be able to reproduce the error in other browsers. 'Course, I've only tested it on the Turtle skin. With all of that considered:

If someone is having a problem with the "Extras" button on the Shoutbox and they are using Firefox, then I need them to list their browser, browser version, operating system, and most importantly, the name of the SEN skin they are using when they have the problem.

None.

Nov 30 2010, 1:21 pm NudeRaider Post #1282

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but on Epic using Chrome I'm unable to collapse forums. It works using FF though.

Nov 30 2010, 8:10 pm DevliN Post #1283

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Hmm I use Epic on Chrome and I am able to, and it remembers the collapsed state. :/

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 30 2010, 8:16 pm Dem0n Post #1284

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I use firefox 3.6.12, micrsoft XP, and turtle skin and the extras button does nothing. D:

David, if we have the same firefox version, why doesn't it work for me? :O

Dec 1 2010, 1:28 am DavidJCobb Post #1285

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I use firefox 3.6.12, micrsoft XP, and turtle skin and the extras button does nothing. D:

David, if we have the same firefox version, why doesn't it work for me? :O
I'm on 7, but seeing as there's no 64-bit Firefox that shouldn't affect anything. Weird. I've no clue how I'd go about testing or isolating this, except... Have you tried copying the contents of your Error Console (Tools -> Error Console) after clicking the button and not having it work? Copy them and post them in the thread, maybe there'll be JavaScript errors that'll tell me something.

Also, given the general inconsistencies in Chrome bug reports that I've noticed (or falsely perceived?):
From now on, if you want anything close to a guarantee that I'll be able to test and verify, let alone solve, a Chrome bug report, then post your FULL VERSION NUMBER along with your operating system. Example: "Google Chrome 7.0.517.44 on Windows 7".

And finally:
From now on, when submitting a bug report, mention what Skin it occurs in (Turtle, Epic, Maplantis, Augustgrad, Carbonite, etc.).

None.

Dec 1 2010, 2:09 am Dem0n Post #1286

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Error: SEN.getCookie("collapsed").replace is not a function
Source File: http://www.staredit.net/support/global.js
Line: 1198

That's what I get. ;o

Dec 1 2010, 4:31 am DavidJCobb Post #1287

Error: SEN.getCookie("collapsed").replace is not a function
Source File: http://www.staredit.net/support/global.js
Line: 1198

That's what I get. ;o
To skip Cobbie's little jargontastic nerdspeak explanation, scroll to the bottom of this post, with the codeboxes. :P
Ah, how stupid of me. This happens because of a quick hacky little fix I had Devlin implement before I fixed the most recent cookie issue. The most recent issue was that when a script tried to retrieve one cookie, it sometimes retrieved two. This caused errors when collapse codes tried to process the retrieved data. When I first saw this happen, I didn't know that that was going on; I just thought some weird string with a semicolon was being added to the cookie for some reason. I didn't know it was a second cookie... So I had Devlin implement a quick fix to these functions, by having them "cut off" that second cookie.

The problem here is that the script, due to the cut-off-the-second-cookie fix, is trying to cut off any extra cookies that may have been included in the data... without first checking if any data was retrieved at all. Since the two-cookies-in-one-data bug is fixed, we no longer need the remove-the-second-cookie-from-the-data fix, so...

(This would in turn explain why I can't reproduce it, and why some others can't. The bug only happens if you don't have a "collapsed" cookie.)

@Devlin: if you take the file in his error report and change this line (line 1198)
Code
  if (temp = SEN.getCookie('collapsed').replace(/;[^\b]*$/,""))

to this line
Code
  if (temp = SEN.getCookie('collapsed'))

it should be fixed.

This should fix the Shoutbox Extras button as well as any other parts of the site that use the old Collapse-with-memory functionality. There are some parts of the new Collapse code (with the "jcollapsed" cookie) that also have the "remove extra cookies" fix, but since the jCollapse scripts automatically create their cookie if it doesn't exist, those parts shouldn't break.

None.

Dec 1 2010, 5:44 pm NudeRaider Post #1288

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Chrome 7.0.517.44
Windows XP 64Bit

Dec 1 2010, 10:10 pm DevliN Post #1289

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from DavidJCobb
@Devlin: if you take the file in his error report and change this line (line 1198)
Code
  if (temp = SEN.getCookie('collapsed').replace(/;[^\b]*$/,""))

to this line
Code
  if (temp = SEN.getCookie('collapsed'))

it should be fixed.

This should fix the Shoutbox Extras button as well as any other parts of the site that use the old Collapse-with-memory functionality. There are some parts of the new Collapse code (with the "jcollapsed" cookie) that also have the "remove extra cookies" fix, but since the jCollapse scripts automatically create their cookie if it doesn't exist, those parts shouldn't break.
Done.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 1 2010, 10:17 pm DavidJCobb Post #1290

Quote from NudeRaider
Chrome 7.0.517.44
Windows XP 64Bit
Tested with the same version on Windows 7 and it worked.

This is probably related to the cookie issue I just fixed; try it again, see if it's still broken.

None.

Dec 1 2010, 10:39 pm NudeRaider Post #1291

Works now, and is remembered. Thanks.

Dec 2 2010, 12:01 am Dem0n Post #1292

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I still get the exact same error. :\

Dec 2 2010, 12:25 am OlimarandLouie Post #1293

Quote from poison_us
A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '1064': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query failed: UPDATE LOW_PRIORITY members_strict SET arrays='N;' WHERE mid=
Waited: 0.0650882720947 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

Happens whenever poison_us tries to log in, or when SEN remembers poison_us and he visits SEN. (He asked me to post this)

None.

Dec 2 2010, 2:53 am Roy Post #1294

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Apparently I am almost out of PM space, although I only have 10 PMs out of 150. My inbox says I have 35 PMs, but when I click on it, there's only 6 in there, and the inbox magically changes to 6. I check my Sent folder, which claims to have 66, and it only has 4, but then the inbox goes back to saying it has 35 PMs. Here are some pictures:

What sucks is that when I send or receive new messages, those numbers increase, so I'm going to run out of PM space, even if I end up having no PMs. Please fix?

Dec 2 2010, 10:37 pm DavidJCobb Post #1295

I still get the exact same error. :\
Clear your cache and then try it again.

Quote from Roy
Apparently I am almost out of PM space, although I only have 10 PMs out of 150. My inbox says I have 35 PMs, but when I click on it, there's only 6 in there, and the inbox magically changes to 6. I check my Sent folder, which claims to have 66, and it only has 4, but then the inbox goes back to saying it has 35 PMs. Here are some pictures:

-snip-

What sucks is that when I send or receive new messages, those numbers increase, so I'm going to run out of PM space, even if I end up having no PMs. Please fix?
I think this may be related to a minor bug where one's stored message count does not update after deleting messages. (I had 373 messages yesterday, deleted 5, and it still read as 373.)

None.

Dec 3 2010, 3:32 pm Biophysicist Post #1296

That is not a minor bug. That's a huge bug. And I'm having the same error. And only have two PMs left.

Fix it, pooplord.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 3 2010, 3:34 pm by Biophysicist. Reason: jsyk I only said pooplord as a reference

None.

Dec 4 2010, 2:56 am DavidJCobb Post #1297

Quote from Biophysicist
That is not a minor bug. That's a huge bug. And I'm having the same error. And only have two PMs left.

Fix it, pooplord.
Roy's bug is obviously major. I'm simply saying it may be related to a minor bug I've seen. (I forgot to specify that for the minor bug, the count updates eventually -- usually in a few minutes, sometimes in a few hours.)

And I can't fix it. It's a server-side issue.

None.

Dec 5 2010, 1:09 am Roy Post #1298

Quote from DavidJCobb
(I forgot to specify that for the minor bug, the count updates eventually -- usually in a few minutes, sometimes in a few hours.)
Yeah, that seems similar to what's going on for me. The only difference is that it's been like this for a little more than a week now, and the numbers have no problem incrementing as I receive new PMs.

Quote from DavidJCobb

Dec 5 2010, 1:49 am DavidJCobb Post #1299

Quote from Roy
Quote from DavidJCobb
(I forgot to specify that for the minor bug, the count updates eventually -- usually in a few minutes, sometimes in a few hours.)
Yeah, that seems similar to what's going on for me. The only difference is that it's been like this for a little more than a week now, and the numbers have no problem incrementing as I receive new PMs.

Quote from DavidJCobb
Actually, it seems I am now affected by the bug as well. I have room for two more PMs.

And where do you FIND those GIFs? XD

None.

Dec 5 2010, 4:07 am Roy Post #1300

Quote from DavidJCobb
Actually, it seems I am now affected by the bug as well. I have room for two more PMs.

And where do you FIND those GIFs? XD
Maybe it's affecting most or all members, but nobody's really noticed it. It could have happened around the same time as the logout issue (which I have, but it only seems to be invoked when I visit the site from a different connection point, such as home router vs school router). What was changed that one day when we had the little "SEN will be going through an update" message at the top?

And as for the GIFs, I just started building a collection a while ago, and I find them in varying locations; that one is AVGN, for those who don't know.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 63 64 65 66 6790 >
  Back to forum