Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Computer Medic Healing Behaviour
Computer Medic Healing Behaviour
Sep 12 2014, 6:48 pm
By: Oh_Man  

Sep 12 2014, 6:48 pm Oh_Man Post #1

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Okay I have a problem that I have ruled out to be triggers and is due solely to AI.

All my P4 (COMPUTER) medic units (with healing enabled but restoration and optical flare disabled) move around in a seemingly Junk Yard Dog fashion. If I disable healing, they don't do this.

The thing is, they used to NOT move around like this at some point - I have done something which now causes them to behave this way. Does anyone know why? My first guess would be a damaged P4 healable unit is somewhere on the map and they're all trying to find it - but if that's the case I guess I have to look harder because as far as I can tell I can't see one!

Cheers,
Oh_Man.

P.S. In the FAQ thread made by Vrael there are handy links to terran, protoss and zerg spell AI behaviours - but the links are all dead now!! If someone could fix that - that would be great.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2014, 6:50 pm by Oh_Man.

Sep 12 2014, 8:02 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

From http://www.staredit.net/wiki/95/:
Heal

This spell is used by the Medic. Is costs 1 energy by default. Note: Changing the energy cost will not actually effect how much energy the medic uses to cast heal.
Medics use this spell on allied damaged organic units automatically.
Medics heal at 200/256 HP for 100/256 Energy per frame.

Computer Use
Computers use heal nearly the same way as humans. Medics automatically acquire targets to heal. But the Computer only heals its own units.

Are you applying any AI scripts to the computer player?

Sep 12 2014, 11:59 pm rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

sounds like they're trying to heal someone but can't get to them. I don't recall the mechanics of heal, but I do know that medics go on random suicide missions from time to time on impossible scenario maps.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 13 2014, 3:00 am Oh_Man Post #4

I have scripts but they are pointed at specific locations, not globally.

Sep 13 2014, 11:10 am NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Add a trigger that insta heals all units on the map and see if that fixes it.

Sep 13 2014, 3:11 pm Oh_Man Post #6

Ok great thinking Nude. I did that and was able to determine that that was indeed the problem. I then tracked those units down and found em tucked away in a corner of the map. THANKS!

~~ CASE CLOSED ~~

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 13 2014, 3:14 pm by Oh_Man.

Options
  Back to forum