Kratos vs Ganondorf
Kratos vs Ganondorf
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Kratos 5

56%
Ganondorf 4

45%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 9 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
Alice vs Ryu
Alice vs Ryu
Alice 6

55%
Ryu 5

46%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 11 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
Doctor Octopus vs Juggernaut
Doctor Octopus 3

43%
Juggernaut 4

58%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 7 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
The Incredible Hulk vs Ghost Rider
The Incredible Hulk 9

90%
Ghost Rider 1

10%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 10 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
Marcus Fenix vs Captain America
Marcus Fenix 3

28%
Captain America 8

73%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 11 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
Ezio vs Black Dynamite
Ezio vs Black Dynamite
Ezio Auditore da Firenze 3

30%
Black Dynamite 7

70%
Please login to vote.
Bane vs Gordon Freeman
Bane vs Gordon Freeman
Bane 4

40%
Gordon Freeman 6

60%
Please login to vote.
Predator vs Aragorn
Predator vs Aragorn
Predator 8

80%
Aragorn 2

20%
Please login to vote.

Sep 26 2012, 5:23 pm Azrael Post #61

Quote from NudeRaider
Jesus guys, stop being so technical about it. All Demon wants is to add us some flavor so it's not just dull voting.

No, he wants there to be actual discussion, not just each person making a dull list of their favorite characters.

Quote from NudeRaider
Az, I don't care if my justifications make sense, I want that character to win so it doesn't matter how.

Demon cares if they make sense, and your current explanation regarding Indiana Jones (and probably others) literally makes no sense whatsoever. If you want a character to win so badly, you'll have to supply a logical explanation as to how they would win, otherwise your vote won't count.

See this, in case you missed it:

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
Any votes that are made without a logical explanation will not be counted. Also, vote for you who think will win the fight, not who your favorite person is. This is a tournament to the death. Favoritism doesn't mean shit.

Sep 26 2012, 10:48 pm Generalpie Post #62

Staredit Puckwork

Kratos vs Ganondorf
Kratos is much more brutal and is never beaten, let alone by the same person of various ages.

Alice vs Ryu
Someone who is more apt to shoot giant laser beams can surely kill a chick, what special kung-fu moves does Alice posess? None.

Juggernaut, as suggested by his name, can easily tank the damage DocOc can deal.

Ghost Rider was played by Nicolas Cage. Twice.

This one was a misclick. Meant to vote for Captain America

Ezio vs Black Dynamite
Black Dynamite never loses. Ever. Especially against people who aren't black.

None.

Sep 26 2012, 11:24 pm NudeRaider Post #63

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Generalpie
Alice vs Ryu
Someone who is more apt to shoot giant laser beams can surely kill a chick, what special kung-fu moves does Alice posess? None.
Maybe not Kung-Fu, but she's at least as adept as Ryu in martial arts. And she's so athletic and quick on her feet that while Ryue is speaking "Hadouken" she's already behind him. And I don't know if you saw RE3 and RE4 but she's evolved superpowers (both offensive and defensive) there that go way beyond just shooting an energy ball.

Sep 28 2012, 2:49 am Dem0n Post #64

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

There's a tie, so, uh, someone else vote. ;o

Sep 28 2012, 2:57 am Sacrieur Post #65

Still Napping

Well, from what I remember from the street fighter universe, there were strong guys who could break large stone bricks, and Ryu could beat them, but that's nothing compared to Alice's abilities.

Blocking a punch won't do much good if it shatters your arm. And the movies show she's capable of dodging bullets, but then again, maybe the Umbrella soldiers graduated from storm trooper academy.

---

I voted for Kratos over Ganondorf because Kratos has experience fighting people like Ganondorf. Magic really isn't anything new to him, and he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve, like Medusa's head.

---

I voted for Bane, but I'm rethinking my position now that I remember that Freeman has access to like, the gravity gun and stuff.

---

Captain America over mr. tough and gritty GoW character because bullets just bounce off of his shield. Also there's the fact Cap is a super soldier, and has demonstrated to be stronger than mr. steroids.

---

Predator and Hulk win in a landslide, easily.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 28 2012, 3:06 am by Sacrieur.

None.

Sep 28 2012, 4:39 am Roy Post #66

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

One person explained why Ryu would beat Alice, and three people have explained why Alice would beat Ryu. I don't see why you need a tie-breaker when it's clearly a 3-1 in favor of Alice according to your rules. But I voted for Alice to break it anyway because the arguments for her were more compelling.

Sep 28 2012, 1:31 pm Roy Post #67

Sorry for the double post, but I'm gonna be gone when the next round starts and want to get my argument in before anyone hastily votes against my candidate on familiarity (since you can't change your vote after you cast it).

Deadpool vs Goku:

Deadpool, no contest. Here's the logical explanation Demon wants:
Goku always faces his opponents when they are relatively at the same power level, or when Goku is slightly weaker and becomes more powerful in the climax of the fight. Now, Wade Wilson (Deadpool) is so hilariously weak in comparison to Goku's normal opponents, so it is natural to assume Goku cannot become a super saiyan at the time this fight takes place (such is his crutch due to the way Dragon Ball was written). Assuming they are at the same approximate level, Deadpool would win because he has more weapons, more resistance to pain, and indefinitely more stamina because of his rapid healing. The fight could continue for ages, but eventually Goku will begin to tire, in which case, Deadpool takes the lead and kills him. Alternatively, the fight is short, as Goku would get cut and shot fairly early on, and even if he gets some hits in, Deadpool can easily recover. Not to mention that Goku relies on his friends for most of his major fights, so a 1-on-1 scenario would be unfavorable for him.

Let's say you don't ignore the "Goku only fights people when they're at approximately the same strength" rule that is strongly prevalent to who he is; fine, we can overlook this just for fun. Here's the problem: to win in this match, you have to kill your opponent. Goku would never kill his opponent (if his opponents die, it's because they get killed by someone else, or in some cases, accidentally kill themselves). Now, since this is a 1-on-1 fight, nobody else is going to kill Wade, and since Wade was cursed by Thanos with immortality, he can't really die anyway. You can temporarily defeat Deadpool by blowing his brains out or something (like Cable has done), but this is still only temporary, and Goku wouldn't even consider taking this action (assuming Goku doesn't fully know or understand Deadpool's powers) because it would be certain death to any other person, and again, Goku wouldn't take someone's life. In fact, the most likely scenario would be Goku "defeats" Wade, lets his guard down, and then Wade shoots/stabs through Goku's head, thus being the actual victor of the deathmatch.

Let's say you want to believe that Goku has showdowns against people when he is vastly stronger (that would have been nice to go Super Saiyan against Raditz, huh?) and he is willing to kill for the sake of winning a tournament where nothing else is at stake. You are kidding yourself: the person you are thinking of is not Goku, but rather a different character with the same strength and appearance as Goku. I'm sorry, but this is Goku vs Deadpool, not Theoretical Super Saiyan vs Deadpool. Please try to stay true to the topic when voting. But fine, I'll humor you further. Deadpool has a teleportation device on his belt, so he can teleport away from Goku's attacks instantly, and make himself appear behind Goku in position to attack before Goku has time to react or understand what's happening. Bam, instant steel through Goku's skull. Furthermore, depending on when you take Deadpool's teleportation device (which is actually Cable's), Cable can also appear alongside Deadpool, and Cable could defeat Goku because he was ridiculously powerful in that timeline (think of a telekinetic-powered version of Superman with no kryptonite). Though this isn't Cable vs Goku, just like how this isn't Generic Super Saiyan vs Deadpool.

Finally, here's a simulation of the two of them fighting:

"Welcome to Loserville. Population: YOU!"

And here's why I'm really voting:

Fuck yeah! Deadpool!

And to win over Sacrieur's vote:

Sep 28 2012, 1:39 pm Fire_Kame Post #68

wth is starcraft

DEADPOOL WINS

BECAUSE PANCAKES :O

Sep 28 2012, 2:18 pm Sacrieur Post #69

Still Napping

As much as I love Deadpool and his character, I'm having difficulty bringing Goku's power level down to what Deadpool's level would be.

Even at the beginning of DBZ Goku would still overpower Deadpool ludicrously easily. As a kid he was enough to take on Deadpool. How far are we going to drain Goku's power to make it a fair fight? Are we draining anyone else's powers to make it a fair fight? Should Alice have her superpowers removed because she's too strong for Ryu and that's unfair? Is the Hulk's unlimited strength too unfair for ghost rider?

It's simply a matter of favoritism to go, "well this character gets the best stuffs and this character gets the worst stuffs" because one is weaker than the other. I also think it's unfair and an appeal to favoritism to say, "well X character wouldn't kill his opponent".

Well most of the characters on that list wouldn't kill their opponents. Deadpool wouldn't kill Goku; in fact, there wouldn't be any reason for them to fight at all if that were the case.

If there were some reason to fight, by some unlikely means, then Goku would probably just knock out Deadpool. His bullets/swords wouldn't even be strong enough to pierce the ki he uses to protect himself with. In fact he could blow up all of deadpool's weapons with a single glance, or any number of things.

Deadpool really doesn't have a chance, unless we're playing, "well you HAVE to kill your opponent to win and leave," which is a rule favoring only those characters that would kill to leave. Why even put superheroes like batman on the list with a rule like that?

---

It's a shame Buu isn't on the list, in that respect.

None.

Sep 29 2012, 9:33 am Roy Post #70

The "even fight" argument was more describing the cliche writing of Dragon Ball / the protagonist rule; I'm not saying we need to drain Goku's power for Deadpool to be able to defeat him.

Goku gets hurt by being smashed into rocks; a blunt weapon would suffice if swords and bullets won't do. Also, Deadpool would kill just about anyone for money (he even says he'd kill a bunch of babies if it pays well enough; he may not enjoy it, but he'll do it). When he's subjected to a fight, Deadpool will shoot to kill, as it were. I presume your statement on the swords and bullets being ineffective are based on something said regarding the inconsistent mess that is "power levels"? How about explosives? Those share the same properties as some attacks on Dragon Ball that have harmed Goku, yes? I suppose it's only as effective as the mood of the writer, and Deadpool has fourth-wall powers that can combat this aspect. Goku isn't powerful enough to break the fourth wall! Deadpool wins!

Deadpool is known to use a wide variety of weapons, and often times using them in unconventional ways. He could fill the arena with an explosion of toxic gas that would kill Goku, for instance, as he himself would not die from it. Goku doesn't stand a chance, as he can't kill his opponent as the inevitably fatal poison consumes him.

And the thing about Deadpool is that he keeps losing until he wins; he has a history of killing people that are technically much stronger than he is. And he's comfortable in battles where he is outmatched:

Sep 29 2012, 3:11 pm Fire_Kame Post #71

wth is starcraft

That being said, I could definitely see any character from a franchise shoot any character from DBZ at point blank with no problem because dbz characters monologue like crazy.

Deadpool reminds me of Richard from lfgcomic.com

Oct 1 2012, 1:53 am Sacrieur Post #72

Still Napping

Really taking a lot of assumptions. Biased towards deadpool much?

Goku can survive mountains being thrown at him, and he's being propelled with enough force to usually go straight through the mountain or building. Hardly the same level of kinetic energy as a bullet on any level.

Explosives would be ineffective, they're weaker than energy blasts (which can hurt Goku because of energy density). He's been shown to survive energy blasts the size of nuclear warheads. There was even a mock episode or movie about Hell pouring over into the real world and Gotenks/Trunks went around cleaning up and entire army of Nazi tanks and soldiers like it was nothing. Raditz could stop a shotgun bullet with his bare hand. I doubt any physical weapon deadpool has would be effective in the slightest.

Toxic gas may work, probably. Then again goku could just blow it away with ki.

---

I think it's absurd to say that Goku doesn't have a chance because of toxic gas when Goku can just look at deadpool and have him explode all over. Goku could even destroy an entire planet with the power in his finger (Frieza did this) and vaporize every molecule of deadpool's body.

The question remains is if deadpool would know to use toxic gas first thing or not. And if he does it would be because he knows of Goku's abilities, but then it would only be fair to give Goku the same knowledge.

None.

Oct 1 2012, 2:26 am Azrael Post #73

Seeing how Deadpool has super regenerating abilities, to the point he's survived complete incineration, I'm unsure what Goku could do to stop him. I don't think it can be proven that an energy blast is much more than a big fireball.

Additionally, Deadpool has a method of killing Goku, which is toxic gas. Even Sacrieur has agreed that this would probably work.

Having no bias for either character, my vote will be for Deadpool.

Oct 1 2012, 2:38 am Dem0n Post #74

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Sorry, guys, I've been lazy this weekend. I'll have the next round up by tomorrow night.

Oct 1 2012, 2:53 am Sacrieur Post #75

Still Napping

Quote from Azrael
Seeing how Deadpool has super regenerating abilities, to the point he's survived complete incineration, I'm unsure what Goku could do to stop him. I don't think it can be proven that an energy blast is much more than a big fireball.

Additionally, Deadpool has a method of killing Goku, which is toxic gas. Even Sacrieur has agreed that this would probably work.

Having no bias for either character, my vote will be for Deadpool.

Or Goku can just instant transmission to the other side of the Universe. I should point out that even when Goku dies, he gets to keep his body.

None.

Oct 1 2012, 3:08 am Roy Post #76

Quote from Sacrieur
Biased towards deadpool much?
Yes, very much a lot. I thought I made that clear with the second half of my initial post. :P

Quote from Sacrieur
Goku can survive mountains being thrown at him, and he's being propelled with enough force to usually go straight through the mountain or building. Hardly the same level of kinetic energy as a bullet on any level.

Explosives would be ineffective, they're weaker than energy blasts (which can hurt Goku because of energy density). He's been shown to survive energy blasts the size of nuclear warheads. There was even a mock episode or movie about Hell pouring over into the real world and Gotenks/Trunks went around cleaning up and entire army of Nazi tanks and soldiers like it was nothing. Raditz could stop a shotgun bullet with his bare hand. I doubt any physical weapon deadpool has would be effective in the slightest.

Toxic gas may work, probably. Then again goku could just blow it away with ki.
Dang, I was hoping explosives would work. What if he teleported inside Goku? That should cause some internal bleeding and other nasty things, no?

It could be argued that teleporting in a collision with another person wouldn't cause harm necessarily, because Deadpool and Cable teleported jointly before the teleporter was tuned to prevent that issue, and they didn't seem to have been killed by it (though they both benefited from Wade's healing factor, and they were both teleporting rather than one teleporting into the other). I was never sure if they were just uncomfortably close to each other or if they became Siamese twins every time they teleported.

Quote from Sacrieur
The question remains is if deadpool would know to use toxic gas first thing or not. And if he does it would be because he knows of Goku's abilities, but then it would only be fair to give Goku the same knowledge.
He's a weird character in that aspect, actually. Sometimes he'll have everything thought through (like when he was completely disarmed but rigged all of his weapons to self-destruct), and other times he'll just get crushed by the person he's fighting. I guess it's a coin toss on which personality is entering the fight. This kinda expresses that thought:

Oct 1 2012, 3:14 am Azrael Post #77

Quote from Sacrieur
Or Goku can just instant transmission to the other side of the Universe.

And how does he win that way? He'd still be poisoned, anyways.

Oct 7 2012, 9:51 pm rayNimagi Post #78

Why hasn't the next round started yet?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Oct 7 2012, 9:59 pm Dem0n Post #79

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Because I've been lazy this whole week. Writing the fights takes me a while, and I've had other stuff to do. I hope to get the next round going in like the next two days. ;o

Oct 11 2012, 6:55 pm Fire_Kame Post #80

wth is starcraft

Bump for results. :|

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum