Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mafia: The Trump Card
Mafia: The Trump Card
Sep 9 2012, 4:56 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2738 >

Sep 21 2012, 2:20 am Bar Refaeli Post #481

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from name:Raccoon
Yes and I have stated it on numerous occasions if you find it within your PATHETIC MAFIA SCUMBAG DIRTY LITTLE BRAIN OF YOURS TO GET YOUR ARSE OFF THIS PAGE AND REREAD MY POSTS!
It's your job to convince me. Also, you may have new evidence.
It's my job to convince you...? My job...? Son, let me tell you what my job is. My job is to fuckin' make sure little kids like you don't run around acting like you know what the fuck you are doing and end up putting innocent people that wouldn't hurt a fly to the noose. I am sure you'd love it to be, but it sure as hell ain't my job to work your little brain so you can understand what is really going on in the very world you live in. Now when you go around telling me what my job is, it really gets me wondering if you know what your own job is.

To be frank, I'm getting fuckin' tired of you immature brats not only trying to tell me what my job is, but also trying to FUCKIN' PRETEND YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS GOD DAMN TOWN AND WITLESSLY FOLLOWING THIS GOD DAMN MAYOR WHO YOU DIDN'T EVEN ORIGINALLY VOTE FOR WHEN THE EVIDENCE SHOWING THAT HE AIN'T EVEN ONE OF US IS FUCKIN' STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE. FOR GOD'S SAKE IF HE LEAD A LYNCH ON YOU, YOU'D BE OUT OF BED AND AT THE POLLS AT FUCKIN' 6AM JUST TO VOTE FOR BRAINWASHED SELF FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.

Geeze, man. Take a look around you, for once.

None.

Sep 21 2012, 2:28 am Lanthanide Post #482

If you don't agree with Roy as mayor, why aren't you voting to lynch him then?

None.

Sep 21 2012, 2:29 am Fire_Kame Post #483

wth is starcraft

Not the most inspiring speech I've ever read....

Sep 21 2012, 2:50 am BiOAtK Post #484

i vote mouse

None.

Sep 21 2012, 3:38 am rayNimagi Post #485

I vote mouse.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Sep 21 2012, 3:42 am Generalpie Post #486

Staredit Puckwork

Abstain

None.

Sep 21 2012, 3:42 am Raitaki Post #487

Wonder if I'm thinking too much. But eh, I think I'm gonna continue trusting Roy and vote Mouse.

None.

Sep 21 2012, 4:40 am Positively Post #488

Vote Mouse.

None.

Sep 21 2012, 4:52 am UnholyUrine Post #489

It's all 0:27 for Mouse now.

I vote Mouse

None.

Sep 21 2012, 11:38 am DevliN Post #490

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I vote Mouse. Finally a lynch candidate I've had a hunch about. :awesome:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 21 2012, 11:46 am OlimarandLouie Post #491

I vote Mouse as well.

None.

Sep 21 2012, 7:49 pm TiKels Post #492

I thought the night post was suggesting that the Beguiler, the Rogue Engineer, and the Mayor are the same person. When I looked up "beguile" the definition is "deceive", so "a deceitful man" sounded like the Beguiler to me.

Since that post went up, Roy has directly threatened to kill me, saying I need to do everything he says or I'm dead. If anyone else has been threatened like this, please speak up. The problem I have with this is, I've already been doing everything he says. As far as I can tell, everyone has been, but only the town keeps dying.

Sacrieur told me that if he died, that it was probably Roy behind it. I now find out that Roy knew Sacrieur was the Theoretical Physicist, and he told the Doctors to protect other people so Sacrieur would be vulnerable.

The only evidence we even have that Roy isn't Mafia is that he's the Rogue Engineer. I just asked Inferno about this on Skype, and here is the conversation:

[3:32:22 PM] Tella Lie: i have to ask
[3:32:29 PM] Tella Lie: was every player given one role each when the game started?
[3:33:08 PM] Kyle Hershey: no
[3:33:19 PM] Kyle Hershey: well, maybe
[3:33:30 PM] Kyle Hershey: can't say for sure
[3:34:38 PM] Tella Lie: wow
[3:34:49 PM] Tella Lie: you said beguiler was a support role, so if he was hypothetically also the rogue engineer, how would you explain that?
[3:35:03 PM] Kyle Hershey: hypothetically
[3:35:21 PM] Kyle Hershey: the beguiler would still be a support role
[3:35:37 PM] Kyle Hershey: that doesn't mean his extra role has to be
[3:35:46 PM] Tella Lie: why would you add that?
[3:35:56 PM] Tella Lie: and why add that to your post?
[3:36:04 PM] Tella Lie: you said there were no clues
[3:36:10 PM] Kyle Hershey: it's not a clue
[3:36:19 PM] Kyle Hershey: it's a statement about the state of the game
[3:36:29 PM] Kyle Hershey: like I said, clues are words with double meanings and other abstract things
[3:36:41 PM] Kyle Hershey: it's not the same thing
[3:36:48 PM] Kyle Hershey: and the town would lose if I didn't add that
[3:36:55 PM] Kyle Hershey: they probably will anyways
[3:37:02 PM] Tella Lie: ...

I vote Roy.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 21 2012, 8:24 pm DevliN Post #493

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I was really hoping that part of the night post was entirely too obvious to actually be about Roy. Maybe that was the point.

I've been saying from the beginning that I think the Beguiler has abilities similar to the RE, so I guess that makes sense.

I vote Roy. :-(

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 21 2012, 9:14 pm Lanthanide Post #494

Well I'm conflicted. So far I've been loyal to Roy (not withstanding my comments earlier 'today', before he reminded that there are no clues...). I'm also not really sure tikels has enough evidence, since it just sounds like Roy constrained him - which any good RE should be doing to ensure town toes the line. I'm also not sure that inferno would give people two roles, or that Roy is really beguiler.

In all, I'll change my vote to Abstain, since I can't bring myself to vote Roy.

None.

Sep 21 2012, 9:20 pm lil-Inferno Post #495

Just here for the pie

VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE

Raccoon :: DevliN (1) <-
TiKels :: Roy <-
DevliN :: Roy (2)
Roy :: Mouse x3 <-
Fire_Kame :: Mouse
BiOAtK :: Mouse
rayNimagi :: Mouse
Raitaki :: Mouse
Positively :: Mouse
UnholyUrine :: Mouse
OlimarandLouie :: Mouse (10)

Currently abstaining: Lanthanide, Generalpie

Currently slated to be lynched: Mouse
Votes accounted for: 13/19

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 23 2012, 1:56 am by lil-Inferno.

Sep 21 2012, 10:24 pm DevliN Post #496

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Lanthanide
Well I'm conflicted. So far I've been loyal to Roy (not withstanding my comments earlier 'today', before he reminded that there are no clues...).
The deciding factor for me was really how blatant the night post was. And the fact that from the looks of it, we have yet to kill a Mafia, and two of the Town deaths were from Roy directly (though I suppose one can excuse the LoTu)S death to an extent). Roy also seems to be playing very differently this game, though that could just be from general lack of interest compared to prior games.

If Mouse is Mafia, my faith in Roy will be greatly renewed, but for the time being I'm conflicted and skeptical.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 21 2012, 11:07 pm Raitaki Post #497

In light of everything going on, I think I'll for now trust Tikels' testimony.
I vote Roy.

None.

Sep 21 2012, 11:11 pm Roy Post #498

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from TiKels
I thought the night post was suggesting that the Beguiler, the Rogue Engineer, and the Mayor are the same person. When I looked up "beguile" the definition is "deceive", so "a deceitful man" sounded like the Beguiler to me.
We can lynch me next day, if you'd like; I have a handful of people I trust that I can make the new hub at this point, and if you don't want the town to have a Rogue Engineer, fine; I dislike the role anyway.

Quote from TiKels
Since that post went up, Roy has directly threatened to kill me, saying I need to do everything he says or I'm dead. If anyone else has been threatened like this, please speak up. The problem I have with this is, I've already been doing everything he says. As far as I can tell, everyone has been, but only the town keeps dying.
I went back to make sure you haven't actually been giving me any info; you haven't even told me your role yet, much less sent me a PM.

Quote from TiKels
Sacrieur told me that if he died, that it was probably Roy behind it. I now find out that Roy knew Sacrieur was the Theoretical Physicist, and he told the Doctors to protect other people so Sacrieur would be vulnerable.
He told me the first part as well; who knows how many he told, but I know it would be the perfect incentive for the mafia to incriminate me if they were among the ones that heard. The second half of this is factually incorrect. I had a Doctor on Sacrieur the night before last, and no doctors even bothered to work with me last night. Ask any that you know if I gave instructions on who to protect last night; a lack of communication and submission of night actions is what got Sacrieur killed.

And Sacrieur told other players his role as well, just to let you know.

Quote from Lanthanide
I'm also not really sure tikels has enough evidence, since it just sounds like Roy constrained him - which any good RE should be doing to ensure town toes the line.
Any townie that does get constrained realizes that they do a disservice to reveal that information to the mafia, or at least I hope they realize that. Take this for what you will regarding TiKels, but I won't definitively answer this.

Quote from DevliN
If Mouse is Mafia, my faith in Roy will be greatly renewed, but for the time being I'm conflicted and skeptical.
I'm just picking players that aren't working with me so I can get the edge cases out of the way; you should be picking players you actually suspect or doing your own social investigations instead of following me like mindless sheep. Right now there seems to be more Shapeshifters than anyone originally guessed, and a lack of Elders. There's also a good number of Detectives in this game, which could easily be Assassins trying to pull a bluff.

Sep 22 2012, 1:31 am OlimarandLouie Post #499

So, tell us Roy, what do we do if Mouse turns out to be a townie?

None.

Sep 22 2012, 1:54 am Roy Post #500

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

The same thing you should already be (but are probably not) doing.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2738 >
  Back to forum