Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Killer's Game #3
The Killer's Game #3
Jan 24 2012, 12:47 pm
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 530 >

Jan 28 2012, 10:18 am Sacrieur Post #41

Still Napping

Somehow I have been volunteered for this. Very well, I'll need something to distract me in the absence of Spice and Wolf.

None.

Jan 29 2012, 11:33 am LoTu)S Post #42

In

:sly:

None.

Jan 29 2012, 2:07 pm TiKels Post #43

Quote from TiKels
I like the idea of picking maybe a few basic items at the start though... maybe do a system where you give us like 100 dollars and we can, for a free extra action at our first submitted turn, get some supplies like rope or string, a few bullets, a knife...

Or if you wanna be cool, let us pick a useless item, something to be a symbol for our character, like a harmonica or a toothpick or something! There would be rules about it, that we cannot do anything with the object like "Use [symbol]" ... or just have it constantly in use. It would have no negative or positive effect apart from optional recognition and easy proof of identity.
Are you going to comment on this >.>

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jan 29 2012, 8:25 pm Roy Post #44

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I will: I think that's an awful idea. It takes away from the immersion even more than choosing a perk. The useless item idea is, well, useless; we're already identified by name/face association.

Jan 29 2012, 11:05 pm TiKels Post #45

It's supposed to be cute. It's aesthetic. You can be a badass and be cool. It's not hard, it's just fun.

Oh I just realized I typoed, I meant to say we can't do anything except "use symbol" as a non action

The first idea I don't care about.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jan 29 2012, 11:34 pm Azrael Post #46

It's not really aesthetic if you can use the items :P

And I wouldn't add items you're not allowed to use, or items that can't be forcibly taken from you.

I have an idea about how to test out some of these ideas in the future though, and I'll probably try out something similar to what you're suggesting at that point. My method for doing this will be explained at some future point in time.

Jan 29 2012, 11:45 pm TiKels Post #47

You can use it, but only under the one command. It's just a facet of your personality, not a tool.

It's your "lucky toothpick" you wouldn't ever dispose of it because your character values it too much to put it in a trap or something

It's a taste of customization.

There. You now can use it and justify its lack of utility. And you even get to have customization. If it wasn't clear, I'm speaking solely of my second idea.

-NudeRaider

Jan 29 2012, 11:45 pm Aristocrat Post #48

Quote from LoTu)S
In

If you're the killer again... let's make our final confrontation more interesting. :awesome:

None.

Jan 29 2012, 11:48 pm Azrael Post #49

Quote from TiKels
It's your "lucky toothpick" you wouldn't ever dispose of it because your character values it too much to put it in a trap or something

What about when someone slits your throat and loots your lucky toothpick to later stab someone's eyes out?

I don't really like the idea of having items which are useless just because I said so.

The less restrictive the game mechanics are, the better. I think most people dislike invisible walls.

Jan 29 2012, 11:50 pm Aristocrat Post #50

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
The less restrictive the game mechanics are, the better.
B-But you wouldn't let me fire hadoukens at my enemies! That's a restriction! :massimo:

None.

Jan 29 2012, 11:52 pm Azrael Post #51

Within the confines of the reality of the scenario :P

Maybe this game takes place in a medieval magical era and you can fire them all you want :awesome:

Jan 29 2012, 11:58 pm poison_us Post #52

Back* from the grave

Reality is based off of a variety of things, but mainly perceptions. So if I perceive someone to blast energy balls from their palms...would it not be reality for my player?

Jan 30 2012, 12:00 am TiKels Post #53

You put the toothpick on your chain as a victory trophy so you can rub it in his face. Simple. All symbols would have no advantage over each other. If you want, you could let them use it any way they wish and just let you judge whether you'd let them. Or make it fail if it ended being at the end of a chain of events. Or just fail always, or whatever.

-NudeRaider

Jan 30 2012, 12:12 am Roy Post #54

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from poison_us
Reality is based off of a variety of things, but mainly perceptions. So if I perceive someone to blast energy balls from their palms...would it not be reality for my player?
Everyone's turn 1 action:
Perceive that a metal cart comes out of nowhere at a high velocity and hits poison in the head.

Jan 30 2012, 1:54 am LoTu)S Post #55

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from LoTu)S
In

If you're the killer again... let's make our final confrontation more interesting. :awesome:

:awesome:

None.

Jan 30 2012, 4:09 am poison_us Post #56

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
Quote from poison_us
Everyone's turn 1 action:
Perceive that a metal cart comes out of nowhere at a high velocity and hits poison in the head.
:massimo:

Jan 31 2012, 2:24 am Azrael Post #57

All turns will be sent out within the next 2.5 hours. First turn will last until approximately noon on Wednesday, with the 12 hour extension compensating for there being no formal activity check.

In the meantime, I closed the player list to ensure turns won't be delayed unnecessarily by a late entrant.

Best of luck ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2012, 2:31 am by Azrael.Wrath.

Jan 31 2012, 2:35 am LoTu)S Post #58

Do I get my previous weapons back? :massimo:

None.

Jan 31 2012, 5:22 am The Starport Post #59

Mall? Zombehs? Oh my! :wtfawesome:

Alright, who's doing the recall action? I'm not risking getting my neck broken while adrift in recollection or something. I'm fairly certain people want me dead this game. :crazy:

Edit: Here's ur 'recall' gambit:
  1. Try to remember as much general information about the situation as possible in one action, with emphasis on what's most important.
  2. For what you remember being most important, and if additional details exist to recall about it, try to recall more information about that.
  3. Otherwise, or if no additional information exists to recall about what's most important, use up actions (if needed) to recall any other relevant general information about the current situation.
  4. If actions exist, and further information exists to recall about other more specific topics (such as building layout, things about others, etc.), try to recall it. Emphasize any other important specific information first.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2012, 6:03 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Jan 31 2012, 5:28 am Azrael Post #60

Be aware that your character knows the name of anyone who is currently in the room with them.

I was hoping to convey this with the multiple recipients, but I already received a request for clarification, so I may as well do it publicly.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 530 >
  Back to forum