Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Unofficial Staredit Map Night
Unofficial Staredit Map Night
Dec 13 2011, 10:06 pm
By: Tempz
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

Dec 17 2011, 11:41 pm Pr0nogo Post #41

Yes, payne, I did. :P

Dec 18 2011, 2:46 am Tempz Post #42

I really want to put teneborus and spellsword but they both take so long to get anywhere i'd rather not...

Remember that it will help me immensely to post or pm something telling me your in so it can help me organization wise.

None.

Dec 18 2011, 10:43 pm payne Post #43

:payne:

Tempz, Map Nights were pretty much always successful as a "spontaneously self-organized" event. I would recommend you just suggest a date and hour for people to hop on Sc1 and feel the nostalgia running back in their veins: the rest will be done on-the-spot. ;)

None.

Dec 18 2011, 10:49 pm Tempz Post #44

Changed op Payne... i agree with what your saying but i won't be on until 5pm.

None.

Dec 19 2011, 4:07 am Vrael Post #45

Why is this "unofficial?" I'm still working on tenebrous btw :D. It really doesn't take that long to get places if you know what you're doing. Takes me like 10 minutes to get to level 10 if I play solo lol.

None.

Dec 19 2011, 4:09 am Tempz Post #46

hmm really maybe i can play with you than...?

None.

Dec 19 2011, 5:08 am DevliN Post #47

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Not to all the people PMing me: Please stop bulk messaging me about this. I don't even know why I was included in the first place. Thanks.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 19 2011, 5:37 am Tempz Post #48

@Devlin
In the first pm i told people to only reply to sender... hopefully that would of stopped the spam, for the most part yes but people still are replying to group. And you were included becuase you are fairly active on sen like most of the other people i sent pms to.

None.

Dec 20 2011, 3:19 am Tempz Post #49

If any more changes to map night are to be made please pm me.

None.

Dec 20 2011, 10:24 pm Oh_Man Post #50

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Yo I'll be showcasing my latest version of RPG so this shit just got real official.

Here are a list of cool suggestions I have, some of which people may have already said:
Astrogears
Elementa
Falling Tiles
Pirate Dyne
Siege Dyne
Raccoon City (MY version, I made one for my LANs which is hugely faithful to the original, fixes all bugs and added some side quests).
Particle Arena
ScourgeBall
Worms

Dec 21 2011, 1:43 am Pr0nogo Post #51

I was hosting Falling Tiles the other day for games on end. Awesomeness ensued.

Dec 22 2011, 5:05 am Vrael Post #52

Quote from Tempz
I really want to put teneborus
If you do end up playing this, make sure to get the latest version from me first. I've been working on it a lot this week and fixed some pretty bad bugs.

None.

Dec 22 2011, 6:30 am Tempz Post #53

Thanks for the heads up.

None.

Dec 23 2011, 8:28 am RIVE Post #54

Just Here For The Pie

I am going to recommend Desert Bombers. It is one of my favorite maps on SC, and it has been a while since I got people to play it with me.

None.

Dec 23 2011, 12:29 pm The Starport Post #55

I think I played that one. Only it was called Bomb Saddam, or something else similarly politically incorrect. Quite fun, actually.

None.

Dec 24 2011, 7:49 am Oh_Man Post #56

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

You should update the OP with a link to a time converter, cause lots of people didn't even know it was on today because they are time-zone noobs.

Maybe post the dates + times for some of the more popular timezones as well. (For the 6th of JAN.)

Also I have a vent server, but it is Australian - so expect lag. Let me know if you want it.

Dec 24 2011, 8:00 am UnholyUrine Post #57

Wait, it was today?
Nuts.. :(

None.

Dec 24 2011, 9:05 am payne Post #58

:payne:

Quote from UnholyUrine
Wait, it was today?
Nuts.. :(
Same reaction here.
I personally think it was stupid to set it to the day right before X-Mas. :(

Anyways, whenever I have time, you're sure I'll host one as well. ;)

None.

Dec 24 2011, 9:08 am Roy Post #59

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Indeed, the event has come and gone! I didn't cover much of it, as I figured Tempz was going to handle it (or at least show up to his own damn event), but here's some screenshots I gathered:

Super Secret Map
That's right, we got to play a map currently unreleased to the public! While I can't say much about it, I can show the one screenshot I managed to take while the author wasn't looking:

In the above image, lil-Inferno is showing off his ability to talk and a-click an incoming zombie simultaneously. I chose the strategic route of running around screaming like a little girl, which was a decent strategy until we were overrun by zombies; apparently you're supposed to shoot them.

Falling Tiles
If you've never played this game before, it's about tiles that fall.

In the above image, player 3 (teal) was asking Lethal if he wanted to form an alliance. Actually, I don't remember what we were talking about.

Phantom: BGH
Nobody claimed to be particularly skilled at melee, so we all decided that our lack of skill would make for a balanced game.

As you can see here, I am destroying lil-Inferno's (white) army. I believe I continued this pattern until he was entirely eliminated, making me the champion of the game. Or I was crushed and the first player to die. I can't seem to remember which happened.

Who was the phantom?

We never figured it out, but Lethal (yellow) protected us all with his unlimited Carriers until he strangely turned against us.

Other games played:

Worms (Lethal wiped us until he went afk, allowing me to win the series)
Fireball (My team won both times :awesome:)
Desert Bombers (It went okay)
Skirmish! (What is this I don't even)
(Other games that I didn't stick around for)

All-in-all, it was a decent turnout for something that had several reschedules. I can do more intensive coverage for a future map night event if you guys want (it should be more comprehensive if I'm expecting it, but no promises).

Dec 24 2011, 9:10 am Tempz Post #60

I wasn't on for very long becuase someone made some last minute plans.

I only managed to play a few games before i had to leave so i didn't think it was fair for me to recap what happened.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum