Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Azrael's Mafia #1: Resident Evil
Oct 23 2011, 4:05 am
By: Azrael
Pages: < 1 « 54 55 56 57 5864 >

Nov 19 2011, 8:31 am EzTerix Post #1101

Okay I actually have something useful to show the town. I incriminated Roy simply to see how Azrael does his thing with the clues....and I was like WTF HOW THE HELL

Nonetheless it's helpful in deciphering clues. However it also shows how FUCKING RIDICULOUS THIS SHIT IS

so yeah, I didn't even read more than half of his explanation cause I just got really confused ANYWAY

Night 7:

You falsify a document to incriminate Roy.

Maintenance Log

6:06 - Preparing to check machine speeds at start of shift.

6:37 - Angular velocity too low, increasing rotational speed by 50.0%.

6:43 - Measurements acceptable, difference within 0.6% margin of error.

6:49 - Calibration performed, measurements accurate within one arcminute.

7:21 - Angular velocity too high, decreasing rotational speed by 12.5%.

7:27 - Calculating measurement changes in real time for higher degree of accuracy.

7:33 - Accuracy of previous measurement increased by factor of 10.

7:39 - All measurements compared, discrepancies located, problem resolved.
Quote from Azrael
Since you falsified the document, you know what the clue is. The first line says it is the "start", making it a point of reference. The third line states there is a "0.6% margin of error", which is hinting at the fact almost all differences in time are 6 minutes, and those can be ignored. The last line saying "All measurements compared" is suggesting all times should be compared, and that discrepancies will be found which are necessary to solve the problem. There are only two differences which are not 6 minutes, both of which are changes in rotational speed. The first is an increase in 50, the second is a decrease in 12.5. After the second one, it says it is "increased by factor of 10", denoting it should be 125. This makes the numbers +50 and -125, with the respective difference in times being 31 and 32 minutes. The times, use of "arcminute", and use of "degree" signify the importance of degrees and minutes. This, as well as "located" being the last word used before the problem is resolved, is indicating the answer requires plotting a geographic point. The point located at 50° 31' N, 125° 32' W (north being positive latitude, west being negative longitude) is the locality of Roy, BC.

So I'm think these researches may pin point an EXACT person who is USS, if it just simply lists a name like this. Or perhaps it will EXACTLY tell a ROLE and NAME of the person.

Vague descriptions after all this "research" would be hopeless so I really think if we just solve one it could get us somewhere.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 9:20 am Lanthanide Post #1102

Although it's possible any earlier ones that we solve may just point to dead USS. Then again they might point to someone who has a death role that indicates town, so we'd know for sure that the beguiler had some sort of death-role thing. Also did anyone think Ex was hacker before we lynched him? We thought he might be USS because he didn't complain about the zombie bite, so if it was a surprise that he was hacker, and we think that 5 hackers is a OTT (I think so), then that is more evidence for beguiler cover-up.

Also Az, I suspected that the differences in time in these log messages was important, but that's about all I could guess.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 9:32 am Lanthanide Post #1103

So here are two research results that we could apply this method to. The 2nd one looks particularly easy with fewer numbers to work with, and again references to 'minutes' and 'degrees'.

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Quote from EzTerix
If anyone can decipher this waste of effort then go at it.

I'm just gonna post my findings since it couldn't POSSIBLY be used against us by Umbrella...or infected.

I might highlight anything that sticks out but I got nothing.

Keep in mind I'm just a researcher so these are all from people other than me.

Night 1

Night 2

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2011, 10:08 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 11:08 am EzTerix Post #1104

Since the last USS death was Riney during night 4 I'll post night 5 and 6

Email message

Date: March 20th
Subject: High-level Clearance

I have been instructed to inform you that your level of clearance will be upgraded as soon as possible. You will need to complete necessary forms first, which will arrive to you by the end of the day. Details on your new responsibilities and the additional locations you can access will be included in the documentation, along with your security clearance card. Your temporary code for the high-security database will be CM2RAEDC-38415. It can only be used from the terminal located in your room, and only in conjunction with a secondary code you'll receive with your files later. If you have any questions or concerns, respond immediately with them.

Scrap of Paper

"Remove all four, each letter restored, sections in order, no methods recur."

None.

Nov 19 2011, 3:03 pm Raitaki Post #1105

Quote from Night 7
You falsify a document to incriminate EzTerix.

Journal Entry

Date: June 27th

I was awaiting a letter from my family on the 21st, but nothing came. The content of the letters has become increasingly distant, so this isn't entirely surprising. We only get mail once a week, with tomorrow being the last time we'll receive it in June. I doubt I'll get anything then either, although I'll look forward to the possibility. My daughter just turned 19, and my son will soon be 10. I want to see them, I wish I could, but I still have 25 weeks remaining before I get any leave from the facility. I think it may already be too late to salvage what I've likely lost, but every day that passes is one less I have to wait. I will just keep counting them down, one at a time, until I can find out the truth.

Since you falsified the document, you know what the clue is. Converting the months into numbers, all the numerical values used before the last two sentences are 6, 27, 21, 6, 19, 10, 25. The next sentence says "it may already be too late," suggesting no more numbers are needed. The phrases "one less" and "counting them down, one at a time" are suggesting to subtract 1 from each of the previous values, which results in the numbers 5, 26, 20, 5, 18, 9, 24. Converting each number into its letter equivalent with the assumption that "a" equals 1, "b" equals 2, etc, the result is ezterix.
:hurr:
Also why does Az type Ez's name lowercase :hurr:

None.

Nov 19 2011, 4:11 pm Tempz Post #1106

Perhaps he has a proxy helping him write?

None.

Nov 19 2011, 4:36 pm Raitaki Post #1107

Quote from Tempz
Hmmm so you're saying that the clues are being written by 2 separate people? :awesome:

None.

Nov 19 2011, 5:13 pm Tempz Post #1108

Quote from Raitaki
Quote from Tempz
Hmmm so you're saying that the clues are being written by 2 separate people? :awesome:
Pretty much...

Now back to the most overrated game ever... mw3; I still like black ops better.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 5:21 pm Aristocrat Post #1109

Quote from Raitaki
:hurr:
Also why does Az type Ez's name lowercase :hurr:

When converting numbers to letters like that, you have no idea which letters should be capitalized. Obviously, you get an all lowercase or all uppercase string.

None.

Nov 19 2011, 11:03 pm Azrael Post #1110

Day 8 Voting Progress

ImagoDeo
  • TiKels
Aristocrat
  • TiKels (2)

Currently up for lynching: TiKels

Nov 20 2011, 12:07 am TiKels Post #1111

Uhhhh I vote echo... I guess?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 20 2011, 12:08 am Aristocrat Post #1112

Thanks for telling us that Echo is town-aligned, TiKels.

Everyone, vote TiKels before Saboteur messes up votes. We need unanimous votes.

None.

Nov 20 2011, 12:10 am Lanthanide Post #1113

I vote Tikels.

None.

Nov 20 2011, 12:24 am TiKels Post #1114

Quote from Aristocrat
Thanks for telling us that Echo is town-aligned, TiKels.

Everyone, vote TiKels before Saboteur messes up votes. We need unanimous votes.
Right, my bad, meant to vote for you.

;D

Why are you all voting for me? Seriously.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 20 2011, 12:59 am Raitaki Post #1115

Hurr why are you guys still lynching Tikels :hurr: This time there isn't even a reason :hurr:
I vote Gran Horon Khared von Vrael.

None.

Nov 20 2011, 1:28 am Tempz Post #1116

If tikels turns out to be townie we should then take a look at who voted for him...

Again like Rai said there is no other reason then lets lynch someone :hurr:

None.

Nov 20 2011, 1:52 am Aristocrat Post #1117

Quote from Raitaki
Hurr why are you guys still lynching Tikels :hurr: This time there isn't even a reason :hurr:
I vote Gran Horon Khared von Vrael.

We have no leads left, and lynching TiKels does not harm us since he clearly isn't voting or working with town. Vote him or we suspect you.

None.

Nov 20 2011, 1:55 am Tempz Post #1118

It would of better to say that in the first place... I only vote for tikels becuase this most likely means he is either afk or a zombie.

I vote Tikels.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 20 2011, 2:05 am by Tempz.

None.

Nov 20 2011, 2:13 am Roy Post #1119

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

It's not possible for TiKels to be a Zombie, and he's definitely not an idle player. I should remind you guys that I verified TiKels, so unless you believe him to be the Infiltrator (unlikely, since he's been on the sealed side of the wall each night and therefore wouldn't have been visited), there's no reason to vote for him.

You, on the other hand, Tempz: did you use falsify documents like the other Researchers last night? You also used to be sending me PMs, but suddenly stopped after one night, like something happened.

Nov 20 2011, 2:21 am Tempz Post #1120

I was sending documents to Demon as well. So that's why i stopped... I didn't fake documents; I'll fake documents tonight.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 54 55 56 57 5864 >
  Back to forum