Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
Sep 28 2011, 9:42 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 17 18 19 20 2137 >

Oct 8 2011, 7:09 pm Tempz Post #361

mmk just checking...

I hope i make it until day... good luck to my fellow townies.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:18 pm Excalibur Post #362

The sword and the faith

Dev, how could I decline to vote and vote at the same time? :P

Also, mortician, check our choice tonight. Lets see if we're on the right track, and if we are, lets keep it going. If not, I fear we're in serious trouble.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Oct 8 2011, 7:25 pm Norm Post #363

Quote from DevliN
Normwas killed by a firing squad soon after interrogation.

You guys are duuuuuumb ><.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:26 pm DevliN Post #364

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Excalibur
Dev, how could I decline to vote and vote at the same time? :P

Also, mortician, check our choice tonight. Lets see if we're on the right track, and if we are, lets keep it going. If not, I fear we're in serious trouble.
Good point. :P I had been lazy and put "Everyone else" until this morning and thought you didn't vote like Day 1. Fixing it now.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 8 2011, 7:26 pm Aristocrat Post #365

Shut up dead mafia scum. :P

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:33 pm Tempz Post #366

Now that's a term i missed... Scum was a very common word in most other mafia sites.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:36 pm Norm Post #367

Quote from Aristocrat

Shut your sheep mouth. When mort autopsies me and my name is green, you're going to eat your stupid words.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:41 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #368

eternal lurker

Quote from Norm
Quote from Aristocrat

Shut your sheep mouth. When mort autopsies me and my name is green, you're going to eat your stupid words.
...If the Mortician is stupid enough to announce his findings publicly and thus reveal his identity to the Cylons.
Then again, Roy announced his role publicly and seems to be hale and hearty so far :P.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:41 pm DevliN Post #369

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
Now that's a term i missed... Scum was a very common word in most other mafia sites.
And a common term used in every one of our Mafia games. :lol:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 8 2011, 8:12 pm TiKels Post #370

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Norm
Quote from Aristocrat

...If the Mortician is stupid enough to announce his findings publicly and thus reveal his identity to the Cylons.
Then again, Roy announced his role publicly and seems to be hale and hearty so far :P.
I don't know if we can support two... I doubt we have more than one doctor.

The mortician really needs to pick someone to release his information out, and then the bodyguard will defend that spokesperson.
If it wasn't obvious, the mafia would have a 50% chance of dying if they try and attack the spokesperson, making it an undesirable move in the first place.

I don't know if mortician trusts me, but I definitely am willing to do it. I think anyone who is willing to do it should say so in thread (inb4 all the mafia do so ;p )

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 8 2011, 8:29 pm Roy Post #371

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I'm willing to be the spokesperson. I already have protection on myself, after all, and most of the town has their trust in me.

Oct 8 2011, 8:30 pm Azrael Post #372

Roy would be the best person to do it since he's already exposed himself and is already a huge target. There's no reason for another person to make themselves into a target, then whatever protection we have available will need to be split between the two.

As it stands, he's already the most likely to die tonight, considering the Mafia failed their hits on the previous night and most likely want to ensure a kill by focusing their hits on a single target. Since he is both the Town hub and the most important role in eliminating the Mafia, and he possibly just killed one of their members, they're most likely to choose him regardless of if they think he's protected or not.

Assuming he survives the night, I'd say let him post the results of the Mortician.

Edit: Ninja'd by 22 seconds. Thanks Roy.

Oct 8 2011, 8:34 pm TiKels Post #373

True...

I was thinking that it might be better to not put all our eggs in one basket, at the same time, but if we split our resources too thin we will die anyway...

Hmph.

Edit: That's a call to both doctor and bodyguard to protect roy, then. Don't fail us!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 8 2011, 8:43 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 8 2011, 9:17 pm Tempz Post #374

As i have already said our system is built to not put our eggs in one basket but is still is fairly unified... As i and many have contacted Roy early on the game. However there are other small townie groups.

None.

Oct 9 2011, 5:43 pm Vrael Post #375

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
A man sat quietly at a table in the corner of the bar area, completely engrossed in his book.
"The Third Testament? How are you liking it?," asks a passerby. This passerby had been watching the man for some time this evening. He knew he would find him here, as the man was a regular.
Well, it's obviously a religious book, which could point to Jack.
Also apparently there's a 2010 movie called The Third Testament. The synopsis says "A religious pregnant woman must put her trust in an atheist murderer in order to find her missing husband." Sounds like a clue undoubtedly pointing at Echo, who as we all know is a pregnant woman.
Quote from DevliN
"I'm really enjoying it, actually," he responds enthusiastically. "Are you religious?"
"No, no, not at all. Just curious," the man responds, chuckling. "Well I wont keep you any longer." He made his way to the exit where he would wait for the reader's departure.
This is a continuation of the above clue interpretation. There's no religious-related roles in this game, so it's weird that religion comes up so frequently. The second part could possibly be connected to someone arguing against religion in the SD topic.
If you watch the show, one of the main recurring themes is religion. Six, the cylon seductress who haunts Dr. Baltar with her beauty, convinces him to believe in God as portrayed in the Christian religions. The humans believe in the greek Gods, Zeus, Apollo, ect. I completely agree that this is a clue, but I'm not sure how to interpret it. I'm not sure the simple mention of religion is a clue towards Jack just because of the frequency with which it comes up in the show. The movie angle is interesting, but I think we're missing something here with the Third Testament. Obviously there are only two in real life, the Old and New, perhaps the clue is "Three" from "Third" and not necessarily religious. "as the man was a regular" -> regular rank.

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
No longer than an hour had gone by when the reader finally decided to call it a night. As he was walking down the hallway with the clamor of the bar fading behind him, he heard someone calling for him - a voice he recognized from earlier in the evening.
Given the recent level of paranoia on the ship, the man kept walking, faster now. His pursuer could be a Cylon. He immediately heard the sound of gunshots, and bolted down the hall. Moments later he reached his room, ran inside, and closed the door behind him. Was the man still out there? He couldn't hear any footsteps following him.
The man locked the door and slept just a little easier knowing he was able to evade that attack.
He didn't immediately lock the door like you'd think, which makes me think this is probably a clue. Call me crazy, but this could be connected to a recently locked topic (because those are so rare around here), or maybe hinting at someone who's capable of locking topics.
I'm stumped on this one.

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
Two men stood guard at their post, but luckily not for much longer. Their shift was ending shortly, leaving plenty of time for much desired sleep.
"The military is going to control the world, I swear," says one man to the other.
"What makes you say that?," the other man responds, laughing.
I remember lil-Inferno shouting that he had to write a paper on if there's any pride in serving in the US military. Unless any players have actually been in the military, Inferno is the primary suspect of this clue.
Like religion, the military is a prominent feature of the Battlestar Galactica show, and I'm not sure the simple mention of it counts as a clue. The show explores aspects like chain of command, military coups, ect, so I don't think "military" by itself is a clue. Why is devlin telling us their shift was ending shortly, leaving plenty of time for much desired sleep? Who among us desires sleep?

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
"Well Adama is getting back on his feet, and it again looks as if he is going to coerce Roslin into letting him make all the major decisions."
The other man didn't seem to understand where all this was coming from. They were both veterans of the military, and he assumed they both felt the same duty as soldiers looking to survive. "I don't follow," he finally stated.
"Eh, don't worry about it. It wont matter much longer." The man pulled out a gun and shot the other a few times in the chest, before running out of sight.
The shot soldier dropped to the floor in pain. As he regained his breath, he pulled off his bulletproof vest and thanked the Gods he was still alive.
Maybe it's a silly idea, but it could be that the Bulletproof and the Hitman are both Veteran rank.
I agree with the veteran thing.
"he assumed they both felt the same duty as soldiers looking to survive." This part is weirdly written, makes me think "clue". Survival is a clue perhaps?

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
"Hey there," the attractive woman said to the man in uniform. "How about you buy me a drink?"
The man didn't know how to respond. Her beauty was stunning. "Alright," was the best he could muster.
"Good." She looked at the medals on his coat, and one in particular caught her eye. "That's a beautiful one. I have one just like it." He laughed as he wasn't sure how serious she was. She looked over his shoulder at someone else, slowly coming up behind the man. An instant later, the man felt a sharp pain in his back. A knife was lunged in quickly, but the assailant had already run out before anyone could spot him. The woman looked bewildered, playing innocent.
The stab victim was rushed to the medical bay where Dr. Cottle's top medical supervisor took charge.
"Luckily, the wound didn't damage anything serious and you will live, but I will need you to stay here for the night." The victim was relieved that he would live another day.
I really like Zycorax's analysis on this one. The Excaliban medal is much more exclusive, so I'd imagine it's hinting at players with that particular medal (Echo and lil-Inferno).
Medals clue is obvious, I also agree.

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
A man sat on his bunk, staring at his blank and barren wall. He found it difficult to sleep. The thought of the unknown Cylons running around at night was nerve-racking. Who were they? How many were left? Have all of them been activated? What if I am one? His mind was racing.
Definitely showing there's a Crewmember still in the game (not very shocking). Racing might mean something if it isn't just descriptive. Horse racing, perhaps. Lingie's animated avatar could be representative of this.
This might be referring to the traitor.

Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
"Knock, knock!" The man jokingly exclaimed as he walked up to the mortican's room. They were friends, and he was dropping by to ask how the investigations were going. The doctor wasn't there. "Of course. He'd be in the morgue. How dumb."
A copy of the Rising Stars Compendium sat on the dimly lit desk, next to a notebook discussing E. Bowell and "Doressoundiram." Odd reading material for a mortician, the man thought. He looked at a photo of the great Battlestar Galactica ship on the doctor's wall before heading back to his own room, unsatisfied.
"Launched in 1999, Rising Stars is about a group of people who are born with special abilities after a mysterious light appears in the sky."
"7456 Doressoundiram (1982 OD) is a main-belt asteroid discovered on July 17, 1982 by E. Bowell at the Anderson Mesa Station of the Lowell Observatory."
Nobody really seems to leap out for this, though. Rising Start -> Pikmin, where you have to leave the planet within thirty days -> OlimarandLouie, perhaps.
7456 is the ending numbers of Voyager's username, also.
EDIT: Observatory -> Observer12425.

I believe this is also saying the Mortician role is still in play, and even going as far as to say he used his night action.
Is this a clue as to the results of the Mortician's night action, or is this a failed hit on the mortician perhaps?

Edit:
I think maybe the Mole used his "Clear" again maybe? I dunno, hard to tell.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 9 2011, 5:49 pm by Vrael.

None.

Oct 9 2011, 6:39 pm Roy Post #376

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
Two men stood guard at their post, but luckily not for much longer. Their shift was ending shortly, leaving plenty of time for much desired sleep.
"The military is going to control the world, I swear," says one man to the other.
"What makes you say that?," the other man responds, laughing.
I remember lil-Inferno shouting that he had to write a paper on if there's any pride in serving in the US military. Unless any players have actually been in the military, Inferno is the primary suspect of this clue.
Like religion, the military is a prominent feature of the Battlestar Galactica show, and I'm not sure the simple mention of it counts as a clue. The show explores aspects like chain of command, military coups, ect, so I don't think "military" by itself is a clue. Why is devlin telling us their shift was ending shortly, leaving plenty of time for much desired sleep? Who among us desires sleep?
Echo started the http://www.staredit.net/topic/14099/ topic, but that's kinda abstract.

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Roy
Quote from DevliN
"Knock, knock!" The man jokingly exclaimed as he walked up to the mortican's room. They were friends, and he was dropping by to ask how the investigations were going. The doctor wasn't there. "Of course. He'd be in the morgue. How dumb."
A copy of the Rising Stars Compendium sat on the dimly lit desk, next to a notebook discussing E. Bowell and "Doressoundiram." Odd reading material for a mortician, the man thought. He looked at a photo of the great Battlestar Galactica ship on the doctor's wall before heading back to his own room, unsatisfied.
"Launched in 1999, Rising Stars is about a group of people who are born with special abilities after a mysterious light appears in the sky."
"7456 Doressoundiram (1982 OD) is a main-belt asteroid discovered on July 17, 1982 by E. Bowell at the Anderson Mesa Station of the Lowell Observatory."
Nobody really seems to leap out for this, though. Rising Start -> Pikmin, where you have to leave the planet within thirty days -> OlimarandLouie, perhaps.
7456 is the ending numbers of Voyager's username, also.
EDIT: Observatory -> Observer12425.

I believe this is also saying the Mortician role is still in play, and even going as far as to say he used his night action.
Is this a clue as to the results of the Mortician's night action, or is this a failed hit on the mortician perhaps?
Well, it said he was the Mortician's friend, so I doubt it was a hit (maybe a protection?). It seems like just a randomly selected role to describe in the night post.

Oct 9 2011, 10:30 pm Tempz Post #377

Well done clue interpretations but still nothing too major.

None.

Oct 10 2011, 2:24 am Raitaki Post #378

If Roy dies tonight, can I be new town hub? :wob:

IF YOU LET ME DO EET I'LL EVEN REPORT ANY PERSON COMING TO ME ASKING IF I'M TRAITOR :hurr:

None.

Oct 10 2011, 2:28 am Roy Post #379

I already have the next hub set up in the event of my death. In the event that we both die, well, the town should have it made by that point anyway.

Oct 10 2011, 2:33 am Wing Zero Post #380

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Oo ooo, pick me!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 17 18 19 20 2137 >
  Back to forum