Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Aug 9 2011, 4:58 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1016 >

Sep 9 2011, 6:49 pm Dem0n Post #141

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Oh_Man
This contest has been going on far longer than usual...
It ends in 3 days. ;O

Sep 9 2011, 7:47 pm Pr0nogo Post #142

Dude. It ends the 18th. Read your own post.

Sep 9 2011, 8:08 pm Dem0n Post #143

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Whoops! It's supposed to be on the 12th. D:

Sep 9 2011, 9:30 pm Oh_Man Post #144

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

So much awesome audio, but where are the visuals? I want to see these custom graphics you've been talking about!

I say leave it on 18th, give everyone more time.

Sep 9 2011, 10:08 pm Jack Post #145

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Whoops! It's supposed to be on the 12th. D:
Not gunna happen then.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 10 2011, 2:16 am Pr0nogo Post #146

Yeah dude. Make it the 19th, actually; then it'll be two weeks extra instead of 13 days extra.

13 is bad luck, after all. :hurr:

@Oh_Man; I'll throw up somethin' for the Casan Screamer.

Sep 10 2011, 2:18 am Dem0n Post #147

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

This is supposed to be a month long contest, not a 7 week one. D:

Sep 10 2011, 2:26 am DevliN Post #148

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

And this is why the longer contests are just as ineffective as the week-long ones.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 10 2011, 2:59 am Pr0nogo Post #149

The week-long ones are extended quite often, too, lol.

Sep 10 2011, 12:58 pm HelpMe Post #150

Considering there's a year long contest going on, extending this one by 2 weeks is nothing.

But of course you have to draw the line at some point.

None.

Sep 10 2011, 3:12 pm Azrael Post #151

It doesn't need to be completely polished. Submit what you have at the time of the deadline, and then continue working on it afterwards. No one says you lose the rights to the map upon submission, you're perfectly capable of wrapping the campaign up where it currently is to submit it and then updating it sometime after the contest ends.

Sep 10 2011, 3:48 pm Pr0nogo Post #152

Unfortunately, releasing an uncompleted craft with source mod data for pretty much everything I have planned isn't something I can get behind, so if the release date is, in fact, the 12th, I'm going to have to back out.

Sep 10 2011, 4:00 pm Raitaki Post #153

CONDITIONS:
Quote from Pr0nogo
Unfortunately, releasing an uncompleted craft with source mod data for pretty much everything I have planned isn't something I can get behind, so if the release date is, in fact, the 12th, I'm going to have to back out.
ACTIONS:
-Play wav soundofdemonsheartbreaking.wav

None.

Sep 10 2011, 4:06 pm Dem0n Post #154

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Pr0nogo
I told you like 4 times over MSN that the date was the 12th, and you were like oh mah bad.

Sep 10 2011, 4:14 pm Pr0nogo Post #155

Dude, we never talked over MSN. LOL

Sep 10 2011, 9:20 pm HelpMe Post #156

Well the outcome seems clear now.

If the deadline is indeed the 12th, there will be exactly 1 submission, and that is JimRaynor's campaign.

If the deadline is kept as the 18th, there will be at least 2 submissions, Pr0nogo's and Jim's. With a possible third entry by Jack[RCDF.

Maybe Legion will come forward with something of his own, too. Although he didn't actually say he would.

I say keep the deadline as the 18th.

None.

Sep 11 2011, 1:50 am Dem0n Post #157

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

It's complete bullshit that you can't create a campaign in 5 weeks. I was able to make a 20-mission campaign in 6, and that was for a big contest at cc.org. This is a little month-long contest; there's no reason why you should be making the next unofficial expansion to starcraft for it. Five weeks is more than enough time.

Sep 11 2011, 1:58 am Jack Post #158

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
It's complete bullshit that you can't create a campaign in 5 weeks. I was able to make a 20-mission campaign in 6, and that was for a big contest at cc.org. This is a little month-long contest; there's no reason why you should be making the next unofficial expansion to starcraft for it. Five weeks is more than enough time.
You told us that you get better judged if you have a mod, so we also all made mods. And voice acting. And I work full time and don't have my own computer, so 6 weeks to make several maps is low on time not high on time.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 11 2011, 2:00 am Dem0n Post #159

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I never said you should include voices. That's completely optional. All I encouraged was mods, which doesn't take up much time unless you're changing the graphics/attacks for half the units the game.

Sep 11 2011, 2:19 am xAngelSpiritx Post #160

eternal lurker

This is Dem0n's contest and I won't infringe on what he thinks is a suitable deadline, but I would personally grant an extension to the 18th if I had some reassurance (screenshots of near-completion, project thread, etc.) that the extra time was going to be put to good use and that anyone who was entering would actually finish in that time.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1016 >
  Back to forum