Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Relationships and Cheating
Relationships and Cheating
Oct 18 2010, 4:42 pm
By: CecilSunkure
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Oct 19 2010, 4:40 am Roy Post #61

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from CecilSunkure
Yeah Jack doesn't want to talk to me, but I want to talk with him. I don't like ending on a bad note.
He sounds like the kind of guy who will let it die after a bit of time (probably when he finds another girl). Patience is key. Don't do anything that would further hurt your relationship with him and you'll be fine.
Quote from Norm
Watch out, your female is the next target!

Jan is saved, but at what cost? Such is life...
This Summer, one man, one destiny. He knew too much, and now his enemy wants him and his loved one... dead. Arnold Schwarzenegger stars in "That Time I Told Someone Something and Then Some Bad Stuff Followed."

Oct 19 2010, 4:43 am DavidJCobb Post #62

Quote from CecilSunkure
Yeah Jack doesn't want to talk to me, but I want to talk with him. I don't like ending on a bad note.
Given that he has been described by the people whose perspectives you've paraphrased as someone who uses women and treats them as garbage, I am having a hard time seeing why you would wish to associate with him -- particularly given the fact that your warning to Paul seems to have verified your suspicions about Jack's goals (i.e. promoting willful cheating). He doesn't sound like a particularly nice fellow.

None.

Oct 19 2010, 4:47 am CecilSunkure Post #63

I don't want enemies.

Edit: And, like the OP states, he was real nice to me though I don't know him too well. It's just a waste of a potential colleague and friend.

None.

Oct 19 2010, 4:57 am DevliN Post #64

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Well even though this is over, here are my 2 cents:

I had a friend just like "Jack" back in high school. I was like you in that I wanted to do the right thing and unintentionally made other people's business my own. In this case "Jack" was one of my best friends and I'd see him pull stuff like this all the time. My issue was that I'd constantly try to help steer him in a better direction, but it was futile. We had a falling out toward the end of high school and I haven't spoken to him in years. I have no regrets about it. If you really want to be friends with "Jack," you'll probably have a similar experience. I don't see that friendship happening anytime soon, though, since you completely cockblocked him (despite it being the right thing ultimately).

I've also been in "Paul's" position once before. My girlfriend and I had been together for about 2 years when I started to notice that she was posting similar "Jan" things on another guy's Facebook. I confronted her about it, she denied it, and then a month later proved that I did actually have something to be suspicious of. "Paul" is right to think he knows what is going on, and probably has a ton of trust invested in "Jan." I don't know these people, but my guess is that eventually "Jack" would have found a way to get "Jan" to be more interested in him, and it would have crushed "Paul." The issue, though, is that if "Jan" really is getting bored with "Paul," then this is going to happen again anyway.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 19 2010, 9:07 am CecilSunkure Post #65

UPDATE

My roommates, girlfriend, and girlfriend's best friend all came to the same conclusions we all seemed to come to.

Furthermore, my girlfriend and her friend think that Jack is a moronic asshole that has no reason to be angry.

Edit: My girlfriend read this post, and pointed out that she called Jack an idiot, not a moronic asshole. She said I created an "over-exaggerated paraphrase". Anyways, she thinks the term "moronic asshole" is "too classy" for Jack :P

Edit2: My girlfriend decided that he's a strumpet (definition #1), and he's no male because he's got no dick.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 19 2010, 9:26 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Oct 19 2010, 5:27 pm Norm Post #66

If he doesn't have a dick, why was there an issue to begin with? Your entire group sounds like they're lost in a gutter.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 3:55 am CecilSunkure Post #67

UPDATE:

Jan broke up with Paul, and has been spending time of late with Jack.

Last I talked with Jan she didn't seem to be telling me the whole truth, as if trying to cover up her whole Jack thing.

Poor Paul.. At least nothing super terrible happened out of the blue to him.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 10:39 pm Roy Post #68

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

So are you and Jack good now?

Oct 23 2010, 10:46 pm CecilSunkure Post #69

No I don't think so.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 11:00 pm Decency Post #70

Solution: hook up with Paul.

None.

Oct 25 2010, 6:01 pm Norm Post #71

Quote from name:FaZ-
Solution: hook up with Paul. Jan (She's classy)

Yo cecil, can we get some relative ratings? Who's hotter, Jan or your chick?

None.

Oct 25 2010, 6:17 pm Azrael Post #72

tl;dr: Everything happened that was going to happen, except now no one likes you.

Oct 25 2010, 6:37 pm CecilSunkure Post #73

Quote from Norm
Quote from name:FaZ-
Solution: hook up with Paul. Jan (She's classy)

Yo cecil, can we get some relative ratings? Who's hotter, Jan or your chick?
I posted pictures of my chick in the SEN post your pics thread. Jan is pretty good looking, but my chick is way better. I'd say mine is 1 point higher on a scale of one to ten, in terms of straight up looks, and then if you use the personality scale (things like faithfulness, trustworthiness, honesty, openness) she's like 5 points higher.

@Azrael
Actually, only Jack doesn't like me.

None.

Oct 25 2010, 6:44 pm Azrael Post #74

I thought you said Jan was pretty annoyed with you. I don't know where you said that, but I was sure you did.

Oct 25 2010, 7:48 pm CecilSunkure Post #75

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
I thought you said Jan was pretty annoyed with you. I don't know where you said that, but I was sure you did.
Yeah, but she doesn't dislike me overall.

None.

Oct 26 2010, 3:51 pm BlueWolf Post #76

Why would she spend so much of Paul's time knowing she was already bored of him? Why even get into such a long relationship if you're not sure what you want? Why even bother looking for another man?

Cecil, make sure that this girl asks Paul for forgiveness. So much time wasted for her... ugh

None.

Oct 31 2010, 8:49 am CecilSunkure Post #77

UPDATE:

Jan is dating Jack. Who was right? Who was right? Damn straight; I was right.

None.

Oct 31 2010, 10:43 am DT_Battlekruser Post #78

Right about what? Involving yourself in this was still a terrible idea.

None.

Oct 31 2010, 12:15 pm CecilSunkure Post #79

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Right about what? Involving yourself in this was still a terrible idea.
Only you, Jan, and Jack think so. Plus, you didn't explain why it's a bad idea except for saying "It's none of your buisiness."

None.

Oct 31 2010, 3:08 pm Azrael Post #80

Nah, it isn't just him. Anyone with any kind of knowledge about social norms or personal boundaries understands that involving yourself was a terrible idea. You were wrong to involve yourself, as everyone has already tried to explain.

Most people understand that gossiping about, meddling, and stalking nearly complete strangers are activities which are frowned upon, even as early as elementary school. You've shown an unhealthy interest in the lives of these people you barely know. If you were to see a psychiatrist, as has already been recommended to you in this thread, they would explain that your compulsion to involve yourself in this and refusal to understand the personal boundaries of others is abnormal, as would most people with any sort of common sense, or life experience, or friends.

You made this thread asking for advice after having already done it, so the only thing it could have accomplished was to make you feel better about what you'd done. This shows you understand on some level that what you did was wrong, though you're not mature enough to be able to look at opposing opinions as credible or to look at yourself as possibly being wrong. The fact you would make a post saying "Who was right? Who was right? Damn straight; I was right." demonstrates this immature mentality.

It's not some kind of achievement that you were right. As has already been pointed out to you earlier in the thread, most relationships involve cheating at some point by one or both parties. You were more likely to be right than wrong. The question wasn't whether your information was accurate (which you had no way of knowing anyways), but whether or not your actions were right, which they weren't.

If it was still there, I'd look up the shoutbox conversation which went something like

Azrael -- It's obvious that you're going to tell Paul if you haven't already. Nothing anyone says or does will change your mind, you've already decided to tell Paul, and only made the thread hoping that people would agree with you so you'd feel better about it.

Cecil -- You don't know what I've done or what I'm going to do, don't act like you do. This scenario might not even be real, I might have just made it up.

Azrael -- It's clear by the way you disregard every person that tells you you're wrong. I will bet any amount of money that you will, at some point, go out of your way to inform Paul about your suspicions.

Cecil -- Well I like playing Devil's Advocate so no you don't know what I think or what I've done or what I'll do.

Azrael -- Yeah okay, your superior mental workings are clearly beyond the comprehension of mere mortals like me :rolleyes:

Who was right? Who was right? Damn straight; I was right :lol:

A few previous comments to consider in improving yourself.

You don't know either person. You're barely an acquaintance to one, and not even that to the other. You're basically stalking them as it is, gathering information on them and watching her Facebook page and checking who she talks to and seeing what she says and making threads about the two of them. You've already crossed a boundary that makes what you're doing creepy at best. Now you're asking if you should stop just being a voyeur and physically involve yourself in their life.

The answer is no, you should not. You should take about five steps backwards and involve yourself even less.

That is the correct answer, based on all social norms and generally accepted etiquette. What you do is up to you.
What you are trying desperately to convince yourself is okay to do is, in fact, not okay to do. Most relationships involve cheating at some point in time, by one party or the other. Why is it you feel compelled to insert yourself into this particular man's life, and inform him of something you don't know is even true? Why would you go out of your way to cause insecurity or worse in a relationship where you don't know either party? What right do you have?

That's right, you have none. It doesn't concern you. It's none of your business.

I mean, do you really not understand what "your business" includes? You seem to have some serious issues with understanding boundaries and what is considered socially acceptable.
What you're ignoring is that it isn't your place to go confronting people over what you perceive to be a romantic slight against a stranger from another stranger. If it was your friend involved, then yeah, this conversation would be relevant. As it stands, you have no place whatsoever to involve yourself. You need to stop throwing your pseudo-moral tantrum and try to learn something called personal boundaries.

I suppose though, there's no use trying to reason with people like this. They could be stalking a woman and convince themselves they're doing something righteous because they're just making sure nothing happens to her. Then they would make some totally irrelevant social commentary about how they're bothered by the way we're conditioned to ignore one another, and then say they wish someone would look out for them the same way.
The only one with a problem in this scenario is you, and your compulsion to involve yourself needlessly with the rest of it.

My suggestion? You should read this article. It's obvious you need to.

When I suggested that you get a life, I wasn't making a snide comment at your expense. It was legitimate advice.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum