Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Roy's Mod Mafia: Game 1
Roy's Mod Mafia: Game 1
Oct 1 2010, 3:11 pm
By: Roy
Pages: < 1 « 26 27 28 29 >

Oct 15 2010, 7:04 pm Azrael Post #541

If you have a totally AFK player, he should be replaced, if anything. Other players shouldn't get to puppeteer him.

Oct 15 2010, 7:09 pm Wing Zero Post #542

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Yeah but then clues would be mixed up, we were supposed to discuss who we are gonna target anyway. I don't see the problem here.
I would also like to point out that over half of our one were sent by me.

Oct 15 2010, 8:12 pm Roy Post #543

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Wing Zero
But if they had it they could have targeted Neki and the town wouldn't have been able to do about it.
Like I said, it wouldn't have made a difference.

LoveLess tried sending in the action targeting DevliN.
Raccoon thought LoveLess was idle and tried to use his power for him to target DevliN.
Nobody visited DevliN.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Oct 15 2010, 8:19 pm Azrael Post #544

Quote from Wing Zero
Yeah but then clues would be mixed up, we were supposed to discuss who we are gonna target anyway. I don't see the problem here.

Yeah but each player is supposed to send in their own night action for a reason. I do see the problem here.

Oct 15 2010, 8:24 pm DevliN Post #545

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think the idea was that if they had a Witch, they could curse and hit Neki so no matter what someone would have been killed.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 15 2010, 8:38 pm Azrael Post #546

LoveLess should have remained Witch, or been removed from the game in favor of someone more active.

Oct 15 2010, 8:39 pm Roy Post #547

I think the point is that they were disorganized and had conflicting interests.

Oct 15 2010, 9:31 pm Neki Post #548

Undeserving mafia winning is undeserving. :awesome:

None.

Oct 15 2010, 9:46 pm Tempz Post #549

What do you know i was right about imagedeo and wing zero :D

even though my text wall was a epic fail i was right XD

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 15 2010, 10:02 pm by Tempz.

None.

Oct 15 2010, 10:38 pm Bar Refaeli Post #550

We should've been able to control the witch power until loveless died. A game shouldn't be influenced by AFK players, the mafia had the game in their hands, and if loveless hadn't voted that last day we would've lost. That would've been the stupidest reason for mafia to lose when they deserve the win and they lost because of an afk...

But it turned out that it didn't matter at all :D GG fail town. ;)

None.

Oct 15 2010, 10:54 pm Dem0n Post #551

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I failed by thinking there couldn't be more than one bulletproof. I thought devlin was lying, so I sent a pm to like 5 other people trying to convince them that he was mafia. Whoops. :stfu:

Oct 15 2010, 11:43 pm DevliN Post #552

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I know, some of them told me. :-_-:

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 16 2010, 12:11 am Roy Post #553

Quote from name:Raccoon
We should've been able to control the witch power until loveless died. A game shouldn't be influenced by AFK players, the mafia had the game in their hands, and if loveless hadn't voted that last day we would've lost. That would've been the stupidest reason for mafia to lose when they deserve the win and they lost because of an afk...
Under that same principle, the Town should be able to control the powers of their afk players, and since the Town's strongest aspect is voting, they should be able to control the votes of afk players. If you look at the night action lists, you'll notice that many town powers were not used as much as they could have been (especially on the first night).

And it would have been a hilarious reason to lose if LoveLess didn't vote. Maybe you should have retained the behavioral part of the game and played using cunning and skill, rather than going "OH SHI- I CAN'T VOTE FOR MAFIA, LET'S HANG A NEARLY-CONFIRMED TOWNIE INSTEAD."

Oct 16 2010, 12:36 am Wing Zero Post #554

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

The difference is that you know a mafia is inactive if you are mafia. It's not like we tried to say "loveless votes Neki". We just wanted to make full use of the witch power by controling him at night.

Also, my first vote was for demon, but the rest of my team voted for lotus so I went with the bandwagon.

Oct 16 2010, 12:46 am Roy Post #555

Quote from Wing Zero
The difference is that you know a mafia is inactive if you are mafia.
So basically, give all perks to Mafia, but if a doctor is inactive, tough shit for the Town?
Quote from Wing Zero
Also, my first vote was for demon, but the rest of my team voted for lotus so I went with the bandwagon.
That's a fair argument. Perhaps that's why you didn't survive :awesome:

Oct 16 2010, 12:57 am LoTu)S Post #556

Pretty much we got lucky with lynching Imago.

None.

Oct 16 2010, 1:23 am Tempz Post #557

Well I had plenty of evidence from the other days/nights but I just decided to go with day 0 becuase it had the most in it =p

None.

Oct 16 2010, 2:40 am Bar Refaeli Post #558

Quote from Roy
[quote=name:Wing Zero]The difference is that you know a mafia is inactive if you are mafia.
So basically, give all perks to Mafia, but if a doctor is inactive, tough shit for the Town?
This is 100% correct but you put it in a bad way. It is better this way than mafia having to be handicapped by an AFK because mafia know who the mafia are, town don't know who the town are and they can't tell if one of their own is AFK or one of the enemy is AFK.

None.

Oct 16 2010, 2:59 am Roy Post #559

Quote from name:Raccoon
Quote from Roy
Quote from Wing Zero
The difference is that you know a mafia is inactive if you are mafia.
This is 100% correct but you put it in a bad way. It is better this way than mafia having to be handicapped by an AFK because mafia know who the mafia are, town don't know who the town are and they can't tell if one of their own is AFK or one of the enemy is AFK.
Fixed the quote :awesome:

Honestly, that still sounds like an unnecessary advantage for the Mafia. I think what I did was reasonably fair, giving the role to another Mafia player and having the afk player become a no-power Mafia. Hell, it even introduces a behavioral strategy of lynching one of your own, more useless players, thereby gaining the trust of the town once the Mortician uses Autopsy on the hung player.

Any afk player is going to ruin the balance of the game, regardless of what side they're on.

Oct 16 2010, 3:19 am DevliN Post #560

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

2 of our 5 Mafia were afk last game, and we still won. :/

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 26 27 28 29 >
  Back to forum