Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: TKG Brawl!
TKG Brawl!
Sep 30 2010, 2:50 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 >

Oct 10 2010, 6:54 pm Roy Post #201

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Game
  • Echo attempts to masturbate, fails to notice his right hand is now a blade, gets what he deserves.
  • *Echo is dead*
Echo wins.

Oct 10 2010, 7:01 pm The Starport Post #202

:P

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 10 2010, 10:05 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 10 2010, 10:58 pm Azrael Post #203

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
If anyone else thinks they've been treated unfairly, feel free to cite the instance of it and I'll address it specifically. I assure you I've been fair with everyone this game to the best of my ability.

I addressed mine via PM :P If this had used the previous TKG mechanics, I'd have easily won.

In TKG, looking into an adjacent area requires a unique action. Any actions just saying "do whatever" are assumed to relate to the current room you're in unless stated otherwise.

I was killed by someone basically saying "Throw my weapon at Azrael's throat," except I wasn't in the area they were in. From that single sentence, their character looked around, located me, and threw the weapon to hit me, all in a single action and without having said to do any of that :P That's how I died.

These are the actions I sent in for Turn 5 when I killed two people.

Quote from Re: Turn 4
1) Look south while picking up both lawn darts, remembering where they were on the floor, and hold one in my mouth to be able to throw the other with maximum efficiency.

There are two people I expect to see, that I will refer to as Poison and Neki. There may be others aside from them, though I am only concerned with those two.

"Poison" refers to a person who definitely has a bladed hand. He is likely holding at least one severed arm, possibly under his armpit. He is also likely covered in blood, since I suspect he has been hacking off body parts, cut off another person's head while they were alive, and has held multiple severed body parts just after being cut off. He will be someone who was already present in the room, so anyone I see enter the southeast area this turn is not included in this.

If there is someone not wearing bandages and I can see it is poison_us, then they are automatically Poison.

For the duration of this turn, I assume that Poison's mindset can be perfectly described as follows:

Anyways:

* Dropping the severed arm in my left hand (not the one in my armpit), remove my bandages as safely as possible with preferably only my left hand, and then give them to the person next to me identifying himself as "Neki".

* Check as many pockets as possible, without checking the one I have already checked, and maintain vigilance for any approaching person.

* If someone is approaching, immediately stop checking pockets, drop the other knife arm thing, and:
o if they attack high, then dive at the ground in front of them, with the intent of disemboweling them.
o if they attack towards my middle, then attempt to block with my right knife blade thing.
o if they attack low, then jump, push off the wall, and attempt to decapitate them.
o if they do not attack, then warn them not to come any closer, as I crouch into a defensive stance, such as the Horse Stance.

"Neki" refers to a person that has two regular hands. He will be someone who was already present in the room, so anyone I see enter the southeast area this turn is not included in this. They will not be wearing a bandage around their face, so I'll know it's Neki anyways.

For the duration of this turn, I assume that Neki's mindset can be perfectly described as follows:

If at any point in my actions am I threatened by another person, immediately stop what I am doing and go into a defensive position, attempting to wield whatever weapons I now possess. If attacked, immediately counter-attack with my bladed weapon. If this person immediately adjacent to me who was standing over the bodies is threatened by another person, immediately move to assist him, only attacking if this person is going to be attacked.

1st action - Balance the severed arm on the top of my left forearm so the blade extends from around my wrist area. Using my bandages on my shoulder , carefully begin wrapping them around both my arm and the severed arm until it's held in place, then begin wrapping it more tightly and quickly so it is firmly held in place. Tuck the end of the bandage under the wrap before it.

If this person immediately adjacent to me removes his bandages and gives them to me and is not a threat:
Action 2: begin wrapping them around my arm and the severed arm to secure it even further. Once I've finished wrapping the length of my arm, I tuck the end of the bandage under the wrap before it, and admire my new wrist blade.
If this person immediately adjacent to me does not attempt to give or gesture the bandages towards me:
Action 2: Gesture towards one of the recently severed arms in an attempt to receive it from this man, wielding it by the arm and not by the blade. Place the severed arm underneath my arm, placing the severed flesh under my arm-pit between my arm and body and avoiding contact with the bladed area, attempting not to impale myself on the bladed weapon
If I do not receive one of the severed arms, move onto Action 3, using the 2nd free action to perform the same task as Action 3.
Regardless if I receive the bandages or not,
Action 3: begin searching my pockets with my free unbladed hand, noting to remember the pockets I have already searched previously, do this until no actions remain or until there is an immediate threat.

2) Continuing to look south, I use my perfect understanding of Poison's mindset and my current observations to throw the first lawn dart in a way that will hit Poison in the jugular (if he is still alive). If I judge from my perfect understanding of Neki's mindset and my observation of his current activities that he will see this attack and attempt to interfere with it (though it doesn't appear that he should), I throw the lawn dart in such a way that it will hit Poison in the jugular after taking Neki's interference into account.

If I determine from the above mindset that he will attempt to dodge this attack (although it doesn't seem like he should), then I alter where I'm aiming it slightly before throwing it, accounting for his movement so he moves into the line of fire and the lawn dart still hits him in the jugular.

If there are any other variables for which my character is aware of at this time but I did not account for in this action, he uses his perfect understanding of both Poison and Neki's mindsets to determine where to aim to successfully pierce Poison's jugular regardless.

3) Continuing to look south, I use my perfect understanding of Neki's mindset to determine how he will react to my previous action. If I determine from the above mindset and the result of the previous action that he will move, I use my perfect understanding of his mindset to take his movement into account while aiming my shot. Take the lawn dart from my mouth and throw it, aiming for the jugular of Neki (if he is still alive). If I determine from the above mindset that he will attempt to dodge this attack (although it doesn't seem like he should), then I alter where I'm aiming it slightly before throwing it, accounting for his movement so he moves into the line of fire and the lawn dart still hits him in the jugular.

4) If over the course of this turn anyone in the southeast corner dies in a way that was not caused by my actions, I stay where I am at this point. Otherwise, move south. Action #5 takes priority over Action #4.

5) For the entire time I am looking south, keep my head tilted slightly so I can see the west side of my area in my peripheral vision. If at any time someone enters my corner of the room coming from the west, stop what I'm doing and immediately move south, then continue my actions from where I left off (omitting "continuing to look south" since I will be in the same room with my targets).

If at any time anyone attempts to attack me, dodge the attack and follow-up with a counter-attack, aiming for their throat with my bladed hand.

If I cannot dodge the attack, I block it with my non-lethal arm, then use the bladed hand on my other arm to slash their throat open.

If I successfully kill someone in this manner, I continue what I was doing at the time I was attacked.

If anyone aims a gun at me at any time, run toward them in a random zig-zag motion, attempting to be as unpredictable as possible to dodge their shots. If they begin trying to follow my movements and I see them pulling the trigger or tensing their firing arm while they are aiming in the direction I'm about to move into, immediately zig-zag away from where the gun is aiming to avoid the shot. Once I get within melee range, slash their throat open with my blade hand.

If they are aiming a projectile weapon at me that is not a gun, I do the same action as described above. If I see a projectile coming toward me, I immediately dodge out of the way.

Repeat this action for every instance in which it is relevant.

:awesome:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 10 2010, 11:10 pm by Azrael.Wrath.

Oct 10 2010, 11:08 pm The Starport Post #204

I addressed mine via PM :P If this had used the previous TKG mechanics, I'd have easily won.
Well, you would have at least had to contend with LoTu)S and Olimar before that. ;)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 10 2010, 11:20 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 10 2010, 11:11 pm Azrael Post #205

Well, you would have at least had to contend with LoTu)S and Olimar before that. ;)

LoTu)S was unconscious, Olimar was on my payroll. Pretty sure I could handle that :lol:

Oct 10 2010, 11:19 pm The Starport Post #206

Ah, good point. But would you have known he was unconscious before he came to? :awesome:

Edit:
In TKG, looking into an adjacent area requires a unique action. Any actions just saying "do whatever" are assumed to relate to the current room you're in unless stated otherwise.

I was killed by someone basically saying "Throw my weapon at Azrael's throat," except I wasn't in the area they were in. From that single sentence, their character looked around, located me, and threw the weapon to hit me, all in a single action and without having said to do any of that :P That's how I died.
Yeah, this is that "common sense" rule I was going with. I probably won't use it again. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind during that specific scenario, however, that NudeRaider's character knew you at least "went east" before the throw, so it was a fair inference, maybe.

None.

Oct 10 2010, 11:20 pm Roy Post #207

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Ah, good point. But would you have known he was unconscious before he came to? :awesome:
Probably. He was getting everyone's PMs.

And holy crap. My PMs were like 5 sentences. No wonder Azrael killed me.

Oct 11 2010, 12:03 am Azrael Post #208

Probably. I guess now we'll never know :D

Yeah, this is that "common sense" rule I was going with. I probably won't use it again. :rolleyes:

That's good to hear :P

For the record, I sent Olimar the fake death PM so that no one else would enter the pit or attempt to acquire the shotgun, and so that he'd survive until the end. He didn't know I was alive, just that "someone" was helping him under my direction.

I actually never lied to him. I promised him I'd help him survive until the end, which I did. I also promised that the "other person" would help him until they were the last two players alive, and then they'd face off against each other, which was also true.

Oct 11 2010, 12:06 am The Starport Post #209

The only time I might use the "common sense" rule again is if I hosted an SMS TKG and someone specifically says to "use common sense" with a given action. It would not be a default thing to assume.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 12:50 am Bar Refaeli Post #210

I lol'd at lotus's fakes and then the real shot.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 5:41 am poison_us Post #211

Back* from the grave

Before I clear my inbox, I feel as if I should post this:

Quote from name:Re: TKG Brawl - Turn 1
Jam the button, and use the newly acquired swordhand to cut off the head of the nearest man that is also pushing the button.

Obviously there is some delay between acquiring a swordhand and running to kill a victim, or I would've saved whoever.

Oct 11 2010, 10:44 am The Starport Post #212

Edit: Hang on, it WAS 3. Azrael killed Roy, Poison, and Neki. Nude was LoTu)S' kill.

LoTu)S killed f(._. )z, Nude, Olimar. 1st place is actually a tie!

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a proper database for this shit next time. :><:

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2010, 11:19 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 11:12 am OlimarandLouie Post #213

LoTu)S I want to see the pm that you got when I shotgunned you to the face :awesome:

None.

Oct 11 2010, 1:24 pm LoTu)S Post #214

You feel a presence approaching you and you die

:shifty: i like to see yours first

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2010, 1:30 pm by LoTu)S.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 10:22 pm OlimarandLouie Post #215

You determine walking to the south-west (where you last made out activity) isn't going to be possible right within your current turn, nor would sprinting be an option on account of it negating your silence and because of your injured leg. You decide to stay put. You make out no further activity nearby or in your adjacent areas.

You note there are no bodies within your immediate area that look like they could reasonably still be alive, nor were any such corpses back south based on your observations. Looking to the east, however, you see 2 bodies on the floor lying close to each other: One appears to be lying with a shocked expression engraved on its face and its neck turned at an impossible angle. The other... did you just see it move? You can't tell. You begin walking towards it to be sure it won't be able to move for much longer, if it did.

Just as you think you're within range to resolve your doubts the practical way, it suddenly springs to life and flings an object at you. Ready to reply, you fire a final, reverberating shotgun blast at the non-corpse's face, silencing it once more. However, the object it tossed at you also manages to strike you painfully on the neck, leaving a nasty slash from which you begin bleeding profusely from. It clatters to the ground, and you notice it to be an unfolded straight razor.

You hear the intercom bellow out once more: “Ah, well done! Well done! It appears you're now the last man standing! You win! But I wonder: Will you now survive to enjoy your reward?”

You begin feeling faint.

Your world becomes dark.

“...evidently not. Oh well!”

You are dead.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 10:25 pm The Starport Post #216

My grammar is a lost cause. :facepalm:

None.

Oct 11 2010, 10:27 pm LoTu)S Post #217

Still lying relatively prone on the floor next to your first victim, you discreetly retrieve the fallen razor off the floor next to him. You briefly notice a person standing unmoving to the east near the north glass panel, holding an elongated object with both hands.

You continue on to discreetly check the corpse's 4th row of pockets, but find nothing further in these as well.

You decide to spend the rest of your time playing dead; ready for an ambush. Just as you begin, you make out through barely-slitted eyes your eastward friend begin to cautiously approach, pointing what now appears to be pump action shotgun directly at you. Just as he moves within a range you judge ideal for throwing your razor, you bolt up and fling the blade towards his throat. The razor barely even leaves you fingers before a white flash appears from the muzzle of the gun, and your head knocks back with tremendous force.

You are dead.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 10:35 pm The Starport Post #218

Believe it or not, I did a little research on rock salt rounds. For gameplay purposes LoTu)S survived Azrael's blast from a room away... it is a shotgun, after all, and rock salt isn't good ammo for hitting ranged targets, on top of that. But if we're talking any "medium-to-short" range distance (like within the same room), and in the head, yeah. You ain't living though that. :P

Typically, though, rock salt shots are still likely to be fatal if you're anywhere within range to be hit by them at all. So yeah, I didn't simply copy Kill Bill for this one. :awesome:

This whole thing was a pretty improbable scenario, I know. :P

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2010, 10:50 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 12 2010, 12:07 am poison_us Post #219

Back* from the grave

This whole thing was a pretty improbable scenario, I know. :P
Which part, the one where 12 people are kidnapped and forced to kill each other, or that a working shotgun just so happens to be in the vicinity?

Oct 12 2010, 8:07 am The Starport Post #220

Just... everything. :rolleyes:

But I guess any scenario is possible with a sufficiently bored, rich, and psychopathic individual involved. Especially if, say, he were making money off of something like this. :shifty:

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 12 2010, 9:22 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 >
  Back to forum