Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Famous UnAnswered Questions!
Famous UnAnswered Questions!
May 19 2010, 2:48 am
By: Apos  

May 20 2010, 2:16 am poison_us Post #21

Back* from the grave

Quote from Morphling
Is there a gravitational pull from outside the universe?
For that to be true, there must be mass outside of the universe, meaning that the universe is a misnomer (uni=one), and it should be renamed accordingly.

May 20 2010, 2:38 am Apos Post #22

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from Morphling
Why is the large scale acceleration in the expansion of the universe not symmetric? Is there a gravitational pull from outside the universe?

That one was smart... but the question breaks my head!

Adding:
Dying now or later, what is the difference?
One more or one less, who cares about it?

May 20 2010, 7:55 am JaFF Post #23

Will we ever find an algorithm that finds the optimal solution to the Travelling Salesman Problem?

None.

May 20 2010, 11:45 am OlimarandLouie Post #24

Quote from JaFF
Will we ever find an algorithm that finds the optimal solution to the Time Travelling Salesman Problem?
Fixed.

None.

May 20 2010, 12:20 pm MadZombie Post #25

Dying now or later, what is the difference?
Religious debate GO
One more or one less, who cares about it?
Sounds more like a famous quote then a famous question.

None.

May 20 2010, 7:32 pm lil-Inferno Post #26

Just here for the pie

Is it possible to make a video (with a contemporary video camera ;o) of how to make an EMP and proving it works?

Also, I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned. If a tree falls and nothing is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 21 2010, 6:50 pm by lil-Inferno.

May 21 2010, 4:13 am DavidJCobb Post #27

@lil-inferno: Possibly. I think there are hand-crank cameras that could be used to record an EMP blast without the use of electronics...

None.

May 21 2010, 9:18 pm poison_us Post #28

Back* from the grave

Quote from lil-Inferno
Also, I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned. If a tree falls and nothing is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Yes, the only thing is the sound is not observed. Things can exist without it being observed, such as devilisk not trolling. I'm sure he's a decent person on occasion :awesome:

May 21 2010, 10:15 pm lil-Inferno Post #29

Just here for the pie

Quote from poison_us
Quote from lil-Inferno
Yes, the only thing is the sound is not observed. Things can exist without it being observed, such as devilisk not trolling. I'm sure he's a decent person on occasion :awesome:
But you don't know that for sure :P.

May 23 2010, 4:06 am poison_us Post #30

Back* from the grave

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from poison_us
Quote from lil-Inferno
But you don't know that for sure :P.
That's an example, I didn't have to say it was true. Air existed before it was "observed" :P

May 31 2010, 4:27 am Roy Post #31

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from DavidJCobb
Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?
It is, but only be retards.
Uh... Good answer?

Where is Waldo?

May 31 2010, 4:30 am DavidJCobb Post #32

Spelling Nazi. :P

And the answer to that question is "hiding from your mother". :P

None.

May 31 2010, 6:06 am Syphon Post #33

I don't feel like answering all the ones that are real questions, so he's a choice couple.

Why do our bodies have appendices?

They act as floral reservoirs for our intestines. Back when cholera was a lot more popular, if the massive dehydration caused by shitting all the water out of your body didn't kill you, removing the bacteria in your gut would. The bacteria can stay in you appendix and repopulate everything if you survive the dehydration.

Why don’t they make airplanes out of the same indestructible substance that the “little black box” is made out of?

They'd be too heavy to fly.

None.

May 31 2010, 3:26 pm Roy Post #34

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from DavidJCobb
Spelling Nazi. :P
Technically, it would be grammar, since "be" is a word; it's just not the right word for that sentence. I was merely pointing out the irony of your statement.

Why does everyone want to know the physical chucking capacity of a woodchuck?

Who is she and why is she trying to sell sea shells?
(Predicting a your mom joke)

May 31 2010, 4:36 pm MillenniumArmy Post #35

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

None.

May 31 2010, 10:53 pm poison_us Post #36

Back* from the grave

Quote from MillenniumArmy
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Let's find out...one, a-twoooo, three.

Jun 1 2010, 6:37 pm Syphon Post #37

Quote from MadZombie
Are we human? Or are we Cancer?

Philo thread yay

It's dancer, fyi.

Quote from Morphling
and of course the one everyone ask themselves everyday: Why is the large scale acceleration in the expansion of the universe not symmetric? Is there a gravitational pull from outside the universe?

1) We cannot observe the entire Universe, so it is uncertain to say it is expanding asymmetrically.

2) If it is, it's caused by the uneven distribution of massive matter within the Universe, which is in turned caused by the entropy of the Universe increasing from a state where there were merely hot/cold gradients in space. The Universe expanding symmetrically would actually be much more mysterious.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 3:08 am Generalpie Post #38

Staredit Puckwork

If sex with a Prostitute is not consensual, then is it rape, or shoplifting? :bleh:

None.

Jun 4 2010, 3:30 am DavidJCobb Post #39

Both, Generalpie. :-|

None.

Options
  Back to forum