Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Dark Templar Vote!
Dark Templar Vote!
Jan 10 2009, 7:46 am
By: SiN  
Polls
Which Dark Templar?
Which Dark Templar?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Lenassa Tribe 10

30%
None.
Zer'atai Tribe 1

3%
None.
Both 23

68%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 34 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 11 2009, 2:00 am KrayZee Post #21

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
and give each one slightly different stats.
That will never happen. Like I said, if that happens, people will discard the other.

I'm absolutely positive that both Dark Templars will have the same exact stats, including 'time length' of the attack animation. They both have a cape and cloaks, both weapons are green (Notice how Lenassa doesn't have the purple colour like the concept art), both have green lights on their armour (Except that the Zer'atai has a skull on his right shoulder), and the armour is coloured grayish blue. With the camera in a birds eye view, casual eyes will not really distinguish which is what; but the weapons, right shoulder pad, and portraits.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 2:13 am Voyager7456 Post #22

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Szgk
For modding purposes, two different models are better than one model.

This.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 11 2009, 3:41 am ClansAreForGays Post #23

Neither. God WC3 looks better than those. A scythe would have been bad-ass... if it wasn't all Darth Maul.

Jan 11 2009, 5:14 am Demented Shaman Post #24

It would be funny if after SC2 came out someone created better models using the editor and those became more popular than the original ones. :lol:

None.

Jan 11 2009, 6:09 am chuiu Post #25

That wouldn't be funny. That would be realistic. And it will probably happen ... within a month of release.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 7:10 am BeDazed Post #26

Excuse me gentlemen, please understand that the length of a Dark Templar's blade is longer than that of the blade of a Zealot. It is imperative that you remain mindful of the angle from which you are viewing the units, which is certainly almost seventy or eighty degrees. I am confounded as to how one may precisely determine the difference in length when they are displaying the blades held in such a configuration that you may make an easy compasion. I respectfully implore you to refrain from further conversation on the subject. Such discussion is, in my opnion, rather foolish. Thank you all for your time and have a blessed day.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 12 2009, 6:48 pm by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Caps, flaming.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 8:14 am KrayZee Post #27

Quote from BeDazed
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT DT's BLADES ARE LONGER THAN ZEALOTS? EXCEPT THAT YOU'RE LOOKING UP FROM ALMOST 70 to 80 DEGREES? AND THEN HOW DO YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN LENGTH WHEN THEY'RE NOT SHOWING IT TO YOU LIKE HOLDING IT EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT IT? PLEASE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT LENGTH. BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID. K THANKS.
...what?

Are you addressing to Lord Malvanis, everyone, or Battle.net forum?

None.

Jan 11 2009, 12:35 pm BeDazed Post #28

You can probably tell who I am talking to. If you weren't talking about the blade length, then it's really not you is it?

None.

Jan 11 2009, 7:40 pm KrayZee Post #29

Quote on me.

Time Length is not Size Length.

And at least, why not spark your complaint against others in the Battle.net forums? None of us in this topic mentioned that "Dark Templar has a shorter blade than Zealots", except Lord Malvanis.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 8:35 pm Syphon Post #30

So long as the both have the same stats, or are PERFECTLY balanced, I love the idea, and hope they listen to the mob and go for random variety with a huge number of units. All infantry, and definitely all zerg units.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 9:09 pm KrayZee Post #31

Quote from Syphon
So long as the both have the same stats, or are PERFECTLY balanced, I love the idea, and hope they listen to the mob and go for random variety with a huge number of units. All infantry, and definitely all zerg units.
And I'd like to see a variety of Marines with a different set of graffiti on their armour, gender, skin colour, and voice acting.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 10:02 pm Echo Post #32

Both. The classic best represents the nature of the dark templars, but the new one is so bad ass! But the second one also resembles Predators, which is pretty unoriginal. I know that the 2nd one will most likely win, and that's pretty gay if you ask me.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 4:31 am Vi3t-X Post #33

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Syphon
And I'd like to see a variety of Marines with a different set of graffiti on their armour, gender, skin colour, and voice acting.
What about their Tauren counterparts?

None.

Jan 12 2009, 6:02 am KrayZee Post #34

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Syphon
What about their Tauren counterparts?
Just like the WoW Character creator, especially different horns.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 6:21 am FatalException Post #35

Seems to me that if they had multiple models for every unit, it would get confusing. It's already hard enough to tell what's what with the Zerg...

As for the dark templar, I don't really like what they did with either design. They just look goofy when they run, they don't look at all stealthy. I prefer the Lenassa because I like the warp blade better than the scythe and the portrait is kind of terrifying (:P), but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a Defias guy from World of Warcraft. They dress like rogues, but they aren't.

... And it made me think of World of Warcraft, not Starcraft.

Jan 12 2009, 7:54 am KrayZee Post #36

Quote from FatalException
Seems to me that if they had multiple models for every unit, it would get confusing. It's already hard enough to tell what's what with the Zerg...
No it's not confusing. Both Dark Templars have extremely similar appearance.

Read my post.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 1:36 am HailFire Post #37

1) The Lenassa
26.61%
2) The Zer'atai
9.63%
3) Both
63.76%

Taken direct from the forum as of (approxamately) the time of posting.

Personally, I prefer the Lenassa: They're effectively Protoss ninjas, which is what a Dark Templar should be. For some reason, though, their walk animation makes their legs look fucked up. :ermm:

As for the Zer'atai: The scythe looks impractical, and they look too brute-warriorish and not at all stealthy; like they crossed a zealot with Darth Maul. :wtfage:

None.

Jan 13 2009, 2:31 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #38

👻 👾 👽 💪

Both, totally. The second one looks awesome, the first is awesome.

lol, our poll loosely matches the one they have.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 14 2009, 1:01 am InsolubleFluff Post #39

I think that different factions / tribes / hordes should have different markings for each unit that it applies to, but only minor changes. It would add a sense of difference if at some point in the campaign you had to kill another base of the same race... but they were a different faction going after you, to show you that their faction is different would make it almost seem like a different race all together... On the other hand... nothing over the top... like a % chance your unit is a female not a male...

None.

Jan 14 2009, 3:44 am KrayZee Post #40

Quote from name:Shocko
I think that different factions / tribes / hordes should have different markings for each unit that it applies to, but only minor changes. It would add a sense of difference if at some point in the campaign you had to kill another base of the same race... but they were a different faction going after you, to show you that their faction is different would make it almost seem like a different race all together... On the other hand... nothing over the top... like a % chance your unit is a female not a male...
Reminds me of the Protoss missions. It also reminds me of WarCraft III levels such as the last level in the orc campaign on Reign of Chaos, the Undead/Human campaigns on The Frozen Throne, and a partial of Night Elf levels.

Shocko, that seems likely in the new Protoss campaign when you are aligned to the Dark and up against those 'racists' (Such as Aldaris in the original StarCraft) against the Dark Templars.

None.

Options
  Back to forum