Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >

Dec 3 2008, 1:41 pm A_of-s_t Post #81

aka idmontie

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
So, here's the current thing. right now all the new string data someone sets is stored in the fgp file. however, when you start up FG, it reads the default from a txt file in the mpq. so, my thought is, why not store the string data in the txt files when saving? the mpq is supposed to be the main way of saving fg patches when working on them...so why not rely on this? now, for the sake of having it, there'd still be an option to store the data in the .fgp file, but i'd like to know what you all think first.
This includes things like new button names and such, correct? If so, I think it would be nice to edit them in notepad.

Glad to see your still alive and kicking :D

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 3 2008, 4:06 pm Devourer Post #82

Hello

Hi,
I've got a question to Firegraft1 @ the plugin area and one at the Exe-Edits area

Plugins: Who the fuck are they working??

Exe Edit:
Build (Terran)
Allows additional workers to attempt to build a building. If multiple unit's aren't allowed, they will not be able to help build.

Allows the build order to accept more than 1 units on a building at a time. This doesn't allow adding additional units, only multiple units commanded at once.

When I enabled em it crashed all the time... why?

Allow the Zerg to train at any building:
Allows all Zerg buildings to train units, not only the Infested Command Center. Originally removed in patch 1.13c/fixed Infested Command Center in 1.13d.

I also tried that one; crash

And anway: is there a way to modify/add them/one?

Maybe you posted something about it, I was to lazy to read all...

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 3 2008, 5:30 pm Fyrinite Post #83

Quote from A_of-s_t
So, here's the current thing. right now all the new string data someone sets is stored in the fgp file. however, when you start up FG, it reads the default from a txt file in the mpq. so, my thought is, why not store the string data in the txt files when saving? the mpq is supposed to be the main way of saving fg patches when working on them...so why not rely on this? now, for the sake of having it, there'd still be an option to store the data in the .fgp file, but i'd like to know what you all think first.
This includes things like new button names and such, correct? If so, I think it would be nice to edit them in notepad.

Glad to see your still alive and kicking :D

Yeah, it does. There's a quirk though. Have you opened up one of the current txt string files yet? Each string is more than just the name of the item, it's the entire folder path it's in.

ex - the marine is: Terran,Ground Units,Marine

I also have an ID issue that I haven't solved, which is other than the string order, how do I know what string = what ID, or if it even does? I have two solutions...one of which destroys what little cross compatibility with previous versions i've kept. If enough good feedback comes though, i'll think more on it to get a working solution.

To DeVouReR:

Plugins - nobody has release an FG Plugin, and the MPQDraft plugins are just those...

ExeEdits - You've got to be on the right version for those to work. IF you've double checked that(you should be 1.15.1), then I don't know what to tell you. Those work on the right version for me...

Anyone technically can edit the data for the ExeEdits, it's in a txt file in the data mpq.(can everyone tell that I like text files?) Main thing is, to make them work, you've got to know exactly what address in sc's virtual memory you want to write to, and what exactly it is your changing. otherwise you're most likely to crash sc, sometimes it doesn't crash but weird stuff happens.

None.

Dec 4 2008, 1:03 am A_of-s_t Post #84

aka idmontie

Anyone technically can edit the data for the ExeEdits, it's in a txt file in the data mpq.(can everyone tell that I like text files?) Main thing is, to make them work, you've got to know exactly what address in sc's virtual memory you want to write to, and what exactly it is your changing. otherwise you're most likely to crash sc, sometimes it doesn't crash but weird stuff happens.
Heh, I never realized that. Maybe I'll make some .exe edits of my own :D .

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 4 2008, 1:38 am Fyrinite Post #85

Hehe, yeah. Although I think you'd rather have the editor I have though, it's a lot smoother to use. Hmm...maybe i should even have a couple of you guys help me find offsets for edits...

None.

Dec 4 2008, 1:41 am A_of-s_t Post #86

aka idmontie

What version is this next update going to be for?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 4 2008, 1:42 am Symmetry Post #87

Dungeon Master

Hehe, yeah. Although I think you'd rather have the editor I have though, it's a lot smoother to use. Hmm...maybe i should even have a couple of you guys help me find offsets for edits...

I approve of this idea. Anything that means firegraft == sooner is good in my books.

If I knew how to do it/had time I would help :(

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 4 2008, 1:49 am Fyrinite Post #88

Quote from A_of-s_t
What version is this next update going to be for?

I'm going to get basic editing for the current version of SC when I release it. I don't think all the exe edits will be included in it then, unless a lot luck comes in finding them all.

None.

Dec 4 2008, 2:19 am A_of-s_t Post #89

aka idmontie

When I run into an idea and an address, I'll be sure to send it to you.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 4 2008, 4:13 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #90

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'll help.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 4 2008, 4:52 am Hercanic Post #91

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Oops, I asked a question already asked, failing to realize there was another page. =oP

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 4 2008, 5:06 am by Hercanic.

Dec 4 2008, 7:33 am Fyrinite Post #92

OKay, so I've discovered a...problem. Basically, i need a character to denote the split in a name between folders and stuff, and so far I've been using a comma...but that seems rather restrictive to some people. Anyone object if I make it a | instead? I need as much feedback on this as possible.

None.

Dec 4 2008, 1:35 pm A_of-s_t Post #93

aka idmontie

Anyone object if I make it a | instead? I need as much feedback on this as possible.
Why not? Nobody ever uses that key :P .

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 5 2008, 4:17 am Hercanic Post #94

If this is all in the backend, to avoid end-user conflicts why not have it use a combination of several characters that wouldn't normally ever be used? Like Wiki formatting with three ''' for bolding. Two or three of something like || or ;;; or even ,,, would probably work fine.

Dec 5 2008, 6:58 am Fyrinite Post #95

I could do that, but it'd be pretty hard to program in. Right now I read it 1 char at a time, and compare that, so something like | seemed best to fit with the code i've already got working. Plus, the only time I ever really think of using it are for programming reasons...not in normal naming strings...

None.

Dec 5 2008, 1:35 pm A_of-s_t Post #96

aka idmontie

What if someone used to using "||" as "OR" tries to use it that way in a string so he knows what is for :P

"Marine||Ghost"

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 5 2008, 6:43 pm Praecipitator Post #97

use the same character for escaping?
like, ',' ist the separator, but ',,' means just a comma. very much like '\\' is usually interpreted as a \ in strings in a lot of programming languages. Or, replace the comma with something else if it is used in a name, like %COMMA

Dec 6 2008, 7:28 pm Fyrinite Post #98

Any suggestions on an appropriate multiple character sequence to denote this? I figured out how to code it without making it much more difficult. It might be a tad longer code...about a dozen lines compared to 2, but that's what I get for not using functions...

EDIT

Okay, since nobody said anything, on a Saturday nonetheless, I totally hit up modders on my contact list, and most of them said to just use | since it's hardly ever used. Plus, instead of a ton of time coding, that's so easy to change it makes me laugh...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2008, 5:05 am by DiscipleOfAdun.

None.

Dec 18 2008, 1:55 am Fyrinite Post #99

Hehe, so today I spend time working on the save function, mainly looking at icon replacing, and I finally figured out why the code was broken so that it didn't like icons other than 32x32. So, support for bigger icons is there. I tested up to 128x128 without any problems. :)

None.

Dec 18 2008, 2:24 am Hercanic Post #100

Awesome!

Plugin idea: Auto-Cheats. Mainly for expediting mod testing, it'd allow you to have any cheat codes you want auto-inserted/enabled at the start of a singleplayer game.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >
  Back to forum