Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >

Sep 1 2008, 7:38 am poiuy_qwert Post #61

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Yay for updates. I can't think of anything to add at the moment, just wanted to say keep it up, I cant wait for it to be done!

Sep 4 2008, 4:29 am Fyrinite Post #62

Just a bit of info, I got both .PAT and .MGD importing working tonight. Finally some more mods can be updated.

So, I've got about a dozen things left to do before you guys can get your hands on it. Most of these are critical to the app working, like the save functions. :P

A couple of things -

If someone wants to make a new splash screen, you can do that and send it to me, and if I like it, I'll put it in.
Same for the background images in the credit and about dialog boxes.

The few(and this is very few) people who've worked with FG's plugins, I'd like any feedback you have. Especially if there's a function you think I should have that isn't there. Now might be the only time I feel good about changing the format.

If school doesn't get too busy, I give myself a month or so to finish coding things and find the exe edit offsets. Don't hold me to that, it's just a rough guess based on how much I've been getting done. :)

None.

Sep 4 2008, 4:41 am A_of-s_t Post #63

aka idmontie

How do you check SC versions? That's pretty much all I'd like to know :P

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Sep 4 2008, 3:44 pm Fyrinite Post #64

Something like this. This function isn't actually one I use, but it's really close. Basically, after the string is returned, a simple strcmp against the version you are looking for will tell you if it's the right version or not.

Code
char* GetVersionString(char* ExePath)
{
    void * data;
    void * verloc;
    DWORD dwVerSize, PVL, PVH, dwExeVerSize, dwBufSize;
    char * szVerString;

//Get the version size
    dwExeVerSize = GetFileVersionInfoSize(ExePath, (unsigned long*)&PVL);

data = new char[dwExeVerSize];

if (!GetFileVersionInfo(ExePath, 0, dwExeVerSize, data))
    {
        delete[] data;
        return NULL;
    }

if (!VerQueryValue(data, "\\", &verloc, (PUINT)&dwVerSize))
    {
        delete[] data;
        return NULL;
    }

VS_FIXEDFILEINFO* vers = (VS_FIXEDFILEINFO*)verloc;

PVH = vers->dwProductVersionMS;
    PVL = vers->dwProductVersionLS;

int a,b,c,d;
    a = PVH >> 16;
    b = PVH & 0xffff;
    c = PVL >> 16;
    d = PVL & 0xffff;

szVerString = new char[6];

if (b < 14)     //1.13f or below
    {
        sprintf(szVerString, "%d.%d%d%c", a, b, c, (((d+1)/2)+0x60));
    }
    else
    {
        sprintf(szVerString, "%d.%d.%d", a, b, c);
    }

return szVerString;
}

None.

Sep 7 2008, 5:26 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #65

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from A_of-s_t
How do you check SC versions? That's pretty much all I'd like to know :P
Didn't I already give you stuff to check versions? >.>

Also it is likely that I can help find some offsets, if needed.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 8 2008, 12:03 am Fyrinite Post #66

Okay, I finalized the changes to the plugin format. It's enough that old plugins won't work, but the change is worth it I think. I've added a configuration routine that will allow the plugin to gather data however it wants(complete control passes over to it), and then that buffer is saved and then available to the patching function.

If I have time, I will be creating a plugin to release along with FG that will show how this can be used to do some really cool stuff. If I do get it done, I'll release the source for it as an example on how to do many things the plugin system will allow.

If the few people who are familiar with the old plugin system(and the exe, to some point) would like to help out with this, I'd might could use the help. Bug me on MSN.

Sep 8 2008, 12:22 am A_of-s_t Post #67

aka idmontie

BTW, did you manage to do that thing that you PMed me about on BWAI?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Sep 8 2008, 12:33 am Fyrinite Post #68

No, not yet. And that isn't what I had planned either. That is still on my list though.

This current idea is much more desired by modders. Very much so. ;)

None.

Sep 8 2008, 12:34 am Mantis Post #69

Hey adun i'm currently working on a sc campaign, if its true that this will be compatible with future versions then I will make full use of it and make one for my first campaign as well.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 12:38 am A_of-s_t Post #70

aka idmontie

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
No, not yet. And that isn't what I had planned either. That is still on my list though.

This current idea is much more desired by modders. Very much so. ;)
Don't they kind of go hand in hand anyway? :P

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Sep 8 2008, 1:18 am Fyrinite Post #71

Quote from A_of-s_t
Don't they kind of go hand in hand anyway? :P

Eh, kinda. Either thing I mentioned isn't quite related to the new plugin I'm going to make though. What I've got planned out is a bit different in what it's going to do. However, just as awesome.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 3:00 am poiuy_qwert Post #72

Oooh so secretive sounding! The suspense! I wonder what the plugin will do?! Is it for easy ASM injection??

Sep 8 2008, 3:20 am Fyrinite Post #73

The old plugin system that I'm tossing had asm injection. The test plugin I made for the dead AI fusion project has some asm injection.

Something different. It will take some asm, I think, if I can't figure out the calling convention on the stuff I'm looking at.

EDIT -

I really could also use someone willing to make up new images and such. If they are a modder too, they'll get to help me test my plugin. ;)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 8 2008, 7:31 am by DiscipleOfAdun.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 7:50 am bajadulce Post #74

Sign me up. I eat bugs for lunch. I might not know the kernel of the program nor the language, but if there are bugs I'll spot them. I tend to experiment/discover things on my own so I have no biases in terms of standard use of said program.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 5:05 pm Hercanic Post #75

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear DiscipleOfAdun:
I could possibly make some graphics for you. Just describe what you envision, along with any technical specifications such as dimensions, color depth, file size, prefered format, etc. You want a spash screen and two background images for the credits/about screens, right? What about logo and icons (one for the program, and one for mods -- though it'd be really nifty if mods could import their own for a more unique identity)?

Sep 8 2008, 8:16 pm poiuy_qwert Post #76

They can choose their own icon (or could in an older version at least). Also I would like to help out with the plugin stuff in any way if possible. I'm fairly new to it but I learn very quickly, and I really like working on them.

Sep 8 2008, 9:32 pm Fyrinite Post #77

Yeah, i forgot the icon.

Speaking of icons, i'm still trying to get the icon import working 100%...can't figure out how to get different sized ones yet. Not fair.

Herc, I'll PM you with some info and such.

PQ, we'll talk about what I want to do, probably via pm on BWAI, since I'm low on space here. I'd love the help, especially with what I've got planned.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 9:35 pm poiuy_qwert Post #78

Alright cool. I also have MSN/AIM if you would rather use one of them.

Sep 8 2008, 11:52 pm Fyrinite Post #79

Add my msn then, it's much easier to talk that way. It's in my profile now(dunno why it wasn't there before).

None.

Dec 3 2008, 9:55 am Fyrinite Post #80

IT LIVES!

So, yeah, after real life really got fun for me starting almost exactly when I last posted, I return with a new outlook on FG and ready to bring the coding to a completion. (it's almost 3 am, i talk funny...xD)

So, here's the current thing. right now all the new string data someone sets is stored in the fgp file. however, when you start up FG, it reads the default from a txt file in the mpq. so, my thought is, why not store the string data in the txt files when saving? the mpq is supposed to be the main way of saving fg patches when working on them...so why not rely on this? now, for the sake of having it, there'd still be an option to store the data in the .fgp file, but i'd like to know what you all think first.

second, as per suggestion, i've gotten it so that the tree view doesn't collapse folders you have open when you swap around. it's really cool how it keeps the state as close to how you left it as possible.

for all of you who want to know, probably around the end of the month. i hope so...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 3 2008, 10:27 am by DiscipleOfAdun.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >
  Back to forum