Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: 1 2 38 >

May 22 2008, 4:24 am Fyrinite Post #1

So, unknown to most of the people here, I've actually been very busy over the past couple of days with some projects. One of the three big ones I've been working on is updating the code in FG to run smoother and for overhauling the backend code for a couple of things, one being easier moving between SC versions. (The other two projects are consulting on the AI library being discussed at BroodWarAI and an unannounced project.)

So, first, the update: The refactor/recode is currently at 30%. This may not sound like a lot, but that's becuase saving and opening anything isn't done yet. It isn't done yet because of the next part. The later into the coding I add things, the less things I can do. This is the compromise that I came up with. However, loading all the data and displaying it is currently done, with the exception of the exe edits. Most of it is nicer than before(except for rename, I'm still toying around with it... got it. :)), at least from my end. The interface seems better to me than before, but that's because I really like the underlying code right now.

Anyway...
Going into the weekend, I would like some feedback from you guys who use FG. Things you don't like about the current version, things you really do like, and things you would like to see, all relating to the interface and program itself. Don't ask for exe edits or things like that. I'm not there yet. Stuff like requesting and Undo feature(which is currently planned, after me denying it since before the first closed release) is acceptable. Tell me what would make the program run or feel smoother or more intuitive for you. Since this is going into the weekend(weekends start on Thursday for me :(, and I work weekends), it should be plenty of time to get a lot of your ideas and stuff before I jump back into coding it.

Thanks in advance. I'll keep a list of things I've considered in this post, although I plan to address each suggestion with a reply.

Current List:
Undo Ohh, it works...

ButtonSets->Position, don't reset to 1 when blank, keep old position. Done

File->Run option

Clear items option for the requirements tab(s)

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2008, 5:58 pm by DiscipleOfAdun.

None.

May 22 2008, 4:56 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #2

👻 👾 👽 💪

Fix the window resize thingy... there should be like no reason that exists. O.o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 22 2008, 7:04 am Fyrinite Post #3

Could you be more specific?

I'm doing this because I can barely remember what I've been told in the past to do. I used to write some of it down, but most of it got lost.

Best way to tell me about a problem is to tell me what it does and how to do it, and then how you believe it should work.

Suggestions on features is just the last part, how it should work.

None.

May 22 2008, 8:36 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
Suggestions on features is just the last part, how it should work.
K. (You can resize the window.. which serves no known purpose to me...)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 23 2008, 12:40 am Fyrinite Post #5

If enough people complain, I'll disable resizing. Fair enough?

Also, even if I've said I'll take care of something, mention it. I have a really bad memory as to what needs to be fixed up. :P

None.

May 24 2008, 4:20 pm Da_Fenix Post #6

You could make firegraft load ticon.pcx ^^

None.

May 25 2008, 5:18 am Fyrinite Post #7

Where and why?

None.

May 25 2008, 4:27 pm Da_Fenix Post #8

if you made your own ticon.pcx to see how the icons would look in the color

None.

May 25 2008, 7:17 pm Polaris Post #9

Loading Ticon.pcx could be cool, Fenix.

But pointless.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

May 25 2008, 10:12 pm Fyrinite Post #10

You could load a game up with the changes and see them also.

Nothing else from anyone?

None.

May 26 2008, 12:53 am Da_Fenix Post #11

you could code firegraft to use the 1.5.2 patch to play mod without the CD :unsure:

None.

May 26 2008, 4:01 am Fyrinite Post #12

Lol, of course I'm going to update it to 1.15.2. But this is about the before doing that period. Stuff like before when people wanted clicking on a position to take them to that button and such. Because I'm not inclined to add more after I'm done. :P

None.

May 26 2008, 5:26 am A_of-s_t Post #13

aka idmontie

Lol, of course I'm going to update it to 1.15.2. But this is about the before doing that period. Stuff like before when people wanted clicking on a position to take them to that button and such. Because I'm not inclined to add more after I'm done. :P
I noticed that some of the organize by tech tree buttons did nothing. Can you change them so that what ever you are trying to organize are at least grouped by race?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 27 2008, 2:04 am Fyrinite Post #14

Like how? Is there something that isn't grouped properly by default? 'Show' me what it is you're talking about. :P

None.

May 27 2008, 4:59 am A_of-s_t Post #15

aka idmontie

Firegraft -> Dat Edits -> Use Tech

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 28 2008, 8:25 pm Fyrinite Post #16

What would you rather have done with them?

None.

May 28 2008, 9:57 pm A_of-s_t Post #17

aka idmontie

What would you rather have done with them?
Grouped by original race and unit.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 29 2008, 6:38 pm Fyrinite Post #18

What about ones that have more than 1 unit that uses them, or more than 1 race? ;)

Also, any random ordering on the folders for holding items is due to the code I used to increase loading speed and make the folders dynamic for the exe edits tab. To fix this would be to sacrifice speed of the new and open functions, which I'd rather not do.

None.

May 29 2008, 9:48 pm A_of-s_t Post #19

aka idmontie

Can you allow ASM injection like in... I think it was Memgraft?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

May 29 2008, 11:38 pm Fyrinite Post #20

It was in both SG and MG, but I kinda tied it into the yet to be 100% completed plugins. But once that is done, it'll be there.

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 38 >
  Back to forum