Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Dec 18 2008, 2:48 am A_of-s_t Post #101

aka idmontie

Quote from Hercanic
Awesome!

Plugin idea: Auto-Cheats. Mainly for expediting mod testing, it'd allow you to have any cheat codes you want auto-inserted/enabled at the start of a singleplayer game.
Addon: Cheat changer. Change the string that activates cheats.

I can't seem to find where the game stores the cheat codes, but I'm sure they're hardcoded.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 18 2008, 2:52 am Fyrinite Post #102

they're stored as hashed strings. that's probably why you can't find them. but i've had some help and figured out the hashing algorithm. hehe.

None.

Dec 18 2008, 9:54 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #103

👻 👾 👽 💪

All the more reason to make it so you can change them. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 18 2008, 11:58 pm Fyrinite Post #104

I'm thinking about something to edit cheats.

So, save is about 50% done. \o/ If anyone wants to suggest anything, now would be a good time. Cuz it's either now or either during the closed test release that I'll be most likely to add stuff. Maybe for a bit after the main release...

We'll see how long it takes to get this out, but the timing on it shouldn't be too long. hehe.

None.

Dec 19 2008, 8:14 pm bajadulce Post #105

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
If anyone wants to suggest anything, now would be a good time.
I had a .txt file of notes/bugs I've been keeping, but recently reformatted my hard drive and forgot to back that file up :( I have been working quite a bit on my mod lately however, and there's an awkward string issue. It's not really a bug, but it can be a little annoying:

Firegraft's strings list "none" as string #0 whereas stat_txt.tbl #0 entry is marine. What this means is that all the strings are subsequently indexed one off. When you're scouring stat_txt.tbl for unused strings to modify, you have to remember to add one index # for Firegraft and one less vice versa. For example say you want to change the medic's requirement string. This is string # 1294 for Firegraft and 1293 entry in stat_txt.tbl.

Also, when I'm working on my mod, I work on almost everything at once; grafting, wireframs, cmdicons, strings, .dat, iscripts, etc. I have a lot of windows open/minimized. I have noticed that you can't archive stat_txt.tbl when the .mpq is still open with Firegraft. I imagine this is because Firegraft is using/reading from this file? Not sure if the same applies to cmdicons.grp as well? Anything can be done about this? For me, I have to remember to close Firegraft before adding a string update to test. Hope this all made sense, and please put me on your closed tester list. :)

None.

Dec 19 2008, 9:10 pm Fyrinite Post #106

Well, bugs are less likely to have crossed over in the recoding I did, but I appreciate all the feedback.

For the indexes, that's how they're done according to the interpretation of blizzard's default data. But the wonderful thing about how I coded the current FG is that I can add about 3 lines of code and voila, I've made it so the displayed index in the edit box is what you are used to. :)

Yeah, that'd be the fact that I'm keeping hold on the mpq. I can look into ways of letting other programs access it, but I want to make sure I can still read all the data I need from it at all the different times I need to...

None.

Dec 19 2008, 11:36 pm A_of-s_t Post #107

aka idmontie

Yeah, that'd be the fact that I'm keeping hold on the mpq. I can look into ways of letting other programs access it, but I want to make sure I can still read all the data I need from it at all the different times I need to...
I've noticed that :P Maybe you can have an advanced user setting where you can manually disable FG from keeping the mpq hostage?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 20 2008, 1:35 am Praecipitator Post #108

mh... what's the problem with designing the read function so that, when called, it opens the mpq, reads the data, and then closes it?
Or, why not make it release the MPQ as soon as the FG window loses focus at least?

None.

Dec 20 2008, 6:41 am Fyrinite Post #109

Well, FG likes to re-read the stuff between tab changes, incase something changes internally. It was part of a plan to allow editing on tbl strings in place. That, and it was kinda needed when getting the plugin strings, since they are added to the end of stuff.

I used to try to make it not do that, but it bugged out on me. I'll look at it again though.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 2:49 pm Praecipitator Post #110

hm...
what about: it loads the necessary stuff once, and then you have to make it reload it manually? (by pressing F5 i.e.)
or, whenever it would re-read stuff, it checks the "last modified" time of the mpq file first, to see if it really needs to reload. if yes, then it opens the mpq, reads stuff, and closes it.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 9:58 pm A_of-s_t Post #111

aka idmontie

Or just put an MPQ editor right into FG. Problem solved.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 20 2008, 10:47 pm Praecipitator Post #112

Quote from A_of-s_t
that would be quite awesome. but also more work for DoA.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 12:35 am Fyrinite Post #113

Scale of 1 to 10, how important is renaming exe edits?

None.

Feb 7 2009, 12:49 am Hercanic Post #114

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

3-4 overall, though I am currently using EXE edit renaming for STF.

Feb 7 2009, 12:50 am ForTheSwarm Post #115

Definitely a 2 for me.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 1:29 am A_of-s_t Post #116

aka idmontie

Quote from Praecipitator
Quote from A_of-s_t
that would be quite awesome. but also more work for DoA.
H already has the MPQ opened and ready to read -- the next step is just adding a tab and a GUI interface.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 7 2009, 2:19 am Syphon Post #117

3. More important are tbl editing, and built in trigger editing. ;o

None.

Feb 7 2009, 2:24 am A_of-s_t Post #118

aka idmontie

My most important list:

1. Fix Bugs
2. Fix Hex edits
3. ASM editting
4. MPQ editor
5. RELEASE!

I really don't think there is anything really competely necessary. I really like FG as it is and I doubt you can improve heavily on it's basic function. As for renaming exe edits, I really don't care -- if some one can't figure out what an exe edit does, then they shouldn't use it.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 7 2009, 4:01 am FlyingHat Post #119

Getting support for the latest SC patch as quickly as possible is what I would love more than any EXE edit.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 6:56 am Hercanic Post #120

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

With two very nice downgraders on hand (Farty's and BWAI's), I'm no longer as concerned about keeping up with the latest SC version. Plus, I'm concerned whether Battle.Net's Warden might interpret mods as hacking and block people. That'd suck.

More EXE Edits are what I'll be looking forward to most. The more I can change, the more options I'll have layed out before me to be as creative as possible in modding.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum