Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Firegraft Update Discussion
Firegraft Update Discussion
May 22 2008, 4:24 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

Jul 13 2008, 12:18 am A_of-s_t Post #41

aka idmontie

What exactly is the point of the "Configure" button in the plugin section? I've never been able to come up with a reason to use it in my plugins...

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 13 2008, 5:25 am Fyrinite Post #42

Have you ever used the 1.10 memgraft mpqdraft plugin?

You use configure to specify settings that may be changed between uses. That MG plugin's configure allowed you to tell it the file path that it used. In addition, that also brings up the modules. The file that was passed via configure was also stored as a module in the sempq's.

None.

Jul 13 2008, 5:36 am DT_Battlekruser Post #43

Have you ever used the 1.10 memgraft mpqdraft plugin?

Lovely QDP files :P Those were the days. I remember when ORTC needed a QDP plugin.

None.

Jul 13 2008, 7:15 am Corbo Post #44

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

ORTC still needs the QDP plugin :P

ORAI implemented FG, though. But that was just baja being awesome.

fuck you all

Jul 13 2008, 4:02 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #45

👻 👾 👽 💪

I make QDPs! :(
Dunno how to save config settings, though. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 13 2008, 8:20 pm A_of-s_t Post #46

aka idmontie

Yeah, I haven't really found a proper way to use most of the things in the qpd format :P.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 15 2008, 10:44 am ShadowFlare Post #47

Heh, often I pretty much use configure as a place for an about box. I think SCMLoader is my only one that had a configure window (but still not much on it).

Of course, MPQDraft is most likely no longer the primary method of running SCMLoader for most people.

None.

Jul 17 2008, 12:41 am Fyrinite Post #48

Okay, here's another call for help. I know sometimes the tree on the exe edits is confusing(my own fault for hacking it together at the last minute). So, if any of you have ideas on how to better organize the folders and container items, please post them. I'm working on that section right now...it'd be nice to have feedback on it.

None.

Jul 17 2008, 12:47 am Excalibur Post #49

The sword and the faith

I think its fine as-is, I have yet to have a problem finding anything, granted I dont do too serious grafting. One thing i guess could be better is give a little more explination on the EXE edits, some were confusing, like the ones having to do with creep and morphs.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 17 2008, 4:31 am poiuy_qwert Post #50

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from Excalibur
I think its fine as-is, I have yet to have a problem finding anything, granted I dont do too serious grafting. One thing i guess could be better is give a little more explination on the EXE edits, some were confusing, like the ones having to do with creep and morphs.

Jul 17 2008, 4:39 am Fyrinite Post #51

Heh, well, I've had some trouble finding things once in a while, and I designed it. I'm surprised you guys have been able to find what you want when you want it. But it gives me a bit of hope.

Also - I've got basic saves for all the tabs, including the finally revamped exe edits tab. I'm so glad, my new code made what took almost 3 weeks to code last time take 2 days this time. :) I've finally got the beginning of a solution to that pesky version problem for exe edits. Basically, you'll know if a your current version that your working on has the edit, but no matter what you'll be able to set the edits. This way the only thing that needs to be done on a new patch is putting in the offsets, not having to redo the edits. Just something that's been bugging me.

Things are coming nicely indeed. :)

None.

Jul 17 2008, 5:00 am poiuy_qwert Post #52

Yay! Screenshot??

Jul 17 2008, 5:10 am A_of-s_t Post #53

aka idmontie

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Quote from Excalibur
Nubs. :P

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 24 2008, 12:47 am Fyrinite Post #54

Screens sometime later...besides, things aren't much different than before.

Anyway, I'm onto adding items and such, so the current concern is, when you add a button set, is it fine adding at the very end of the list when in the tree view like older versions, or would it be better to do something like adding it in the current folder?

None.

Jul 24 2008, 2:24 am A_of-s_t Post #55

aka idmontie

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
Screens sometime later...besides, things aren't much different than before.

Anyway, I'm onto adding items and such, so the current concern is, when you add a button set, is it fine adding at the very end of the list when in the tree view like older versions, or would it be better to do something like adding it in the current folder?
I like having them at the end so I know which ones I've made.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 4 2008, 4:13 pm A_of-s_t Post #56

aka idmontie

The Creep exe edit only effects the vertical expansion of creep... it appears that there is a second exe edit that you failed to find/include. Just wanted you to know :P

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 4 2008, 10:52 pm Fyrinite Post #57

Oh, worse than that. Looking at it, the number I thought was the range really isn't. And I couldn't find the actual value anywhere.

None.

Aug 22 2008, 6:36 am poiuy_qwert Post #58

Just checking in to see how its going. Also, I heard from FaRTy that you might be changing the plugin format drastically, but earlier you said you were probably only going to add stuff. Is it true?

Aug 22 2008, 6:11 pm Fyrinite Post #59

It's going slow due to some other non-related problems I've been going through.

I don't know what kind of changes I'm going to make right now. I didn't write them down. :P

None.

Sep 1 2008, 7:32 am Fyrinite Post #60

Okay, time to update you all. Basically, the month of August was a nightmare for FG. I had one single problem that I could not seem to solve, no matter how much work I put into it. Mixing old code that does things quick with new code to keep track of changes didn't work out well. However, the best thing is, I've gotten that particular feature working finally. So, I move onward.

Something I'm having a hard time remembering are all the different features I've put in. I know most of them off my head, but some(like double clicking the preview to add a button), I don't remember as easily. So, got any you think I'll forget or something you want to see?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum