poison_us' Clueless Mafia
Dec 27 2012, 1:29 pm
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 510 >

Jan 2 2013, 3:41 am poison_us Post #41

Back* from the grave

Quote from Fire_Kame
If you remove demon I'll rejoin :awesome:
I have been considering "accidentally" missing his name when making activity checks :)

Jan 2 2013, 2:04 pm InsolubleFluff Post #42

I just want to start already :( x

None.

Jan 5 2013, 2:54 am Roy Post #43

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Wing really wants me to play this game, so I'll join if you still have a spot available.

If not, no worries; I just want Wing to know that I tried.

Jan 5 2013, 2:56 am poison_us Post #44

Back* from the grave

No spots available, Mr. Fluff wanted me to close early.

Kidding, I'll add you :)

Jan 5 2013, 3:04 am InsolubleFluff Post #45

poison_us should join the game so I can murder him at night lynch him :D

None.

Jan 5 2013, 3:28 am poison_us Post #46

Back* from the grave

poison_us is the host, and as such is privileged to information that would allow him to easily compromise the integrity of the game. He won't be joining because it would violate every precedent set by previous hosts since the dawn of time immemorial, as well as his personal sense of morals.

Please reply to the activity checks by 11:59 Eastern Standard Time, Sunday, January 6th 2013. This is just over the 48-hour schedule that is to be used for this game. If you did not receive an activity check, I counted 17 sent and no fails, so this would perplex me, but let me know as soon as possible!

Jan 5 2013, 4:52 am Wing Zero Post #47

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Roy
Wing really wants me to play this game, so I'll join if you still have a spot available.

If not, no worries; I just want Wing to know that I tried.

Jan 7 2013, 4:04 am poison_us Post #48

Back* from the grave

Quote from Wing">http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1897]Wing Zero -- or he just replied. I'm not sure which one it is that doesnt send the message to the original sender
Wing Zero -- But actually he did the "respond to group" thing so he sent it to everyone but you.
Wing Zero -- That'll show him
Wing Zero -- Start without him!
poison_us -- For someone who was so eager to get the game started, InsolubleFluff is oddly slow in responding to the activity check.
Didn't see this until just now--less than one hour from the deadline. So in lieu of being a total dick enforcing my rules and saying "rules are rules lolol" I'm going to be nice and extend it by 12 hours. So 11:59 AM Eastern, Monday the 7th.

Jan 7 2013, 9:55 am InsolubleFluff Post #49

I'm quite clearly active and waiting on you, the fact my PM sent to every body but you is irrelevant, because I clearly am able to receive your PMs and clearly able to send PMs to other people, I am also clearly and obviously active on the forums. But fine, about to send you a very nice PM.

None.

Jan 7 2013, 1:11 pm Azrael Post #50

Well, the activity check he sent out specifically said you needed to use "Reply to Sender" or it wouldn't count (since it wouldn't be sent to him). It was written in huge, bold, bright red text.

Jan 7 2013, 1:24 pm InsolubleFluff Post #51

I misread that information, I thought he said not to use reply to sender, hence the big bold red text warning NOT to do something?

On another note though, it is clear and apparent that I am active either way, a twelve hour extension whilst appreciated, was not necessary. As you guys figured out in the shoutbox and judging by my activity on the forums it was already clear that wires had been crossed, so why not just use common sense?

None.

Jan 7 2013, 2:39 pm Roy Post #52

The game runs on rules, not on common sense. An extension was necessary to keep you in the game, because players that do not respond to the activity checks are removed from the game.

And there have been several cases where a player signs up and remains active on the forums but does not do anything in Mafia. So the line where you draw common sense is not as clear-cut as you may think.

Anyway, the mafia for this game should take note that since there won't be any clues in this game, I will be a useless player, so you don't need to kill me on the first night. :awesome:

Jan 7 2013, 6:37 pm InsolubleFluff Post #53

Quote from Roy
The game runs on rules, not on common sense.

I never once made a claim for what the game currently runs on, let alone what it should run on. However, common sense is something that can be useful in most, if not all, walks of life. Further, just because there have been incidents where players that are active in other parts of the forum and not active in the Mafia thread, does not mean you can subject me to the same scorn as them. I have posted in this thread already and quite consistently amongst other topics on the overall forum.

I appreciate that you are trying to prove a point that does not exist for absolutely no reason, but please, spare me the effort.

None.

Jan 7 2013, 6:42 pm Dem0n Post #54

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Rules are rules. If you don't reply to the activity check, you don't play. It's as simple as that. Since there have been incidents of people being active in the forums but not in the game, we have every right to assume you could do the same thing if you do not respond to the activity check. If you could read, you would have realized what poison was trying to say with his big, red text, but you didn't, and now you're getting mad for no reason.

Jan 7 2013, 6:49 pm NudeRaider Post #55

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

No fun allowed. And no rule-breaking. This is SEN you know!

Jan 7 2013, 6:59 pm InsolubleFluff Post #56

Quote from Dem0n
Rules are rules. If you don't reply to the activity check, you don't play. It's as simple as that.

I have not claimed the rules are not rules?
I did reply to the activity check, but accidently misread and replied to the group which surprisingly does not include the person who made the group?

Quote from Dem0n
Since there have been incidents of people being active in the forums but not in the game, we have every right to assume you could do the same thing if you do not respond to the activity check.
You have absolutely no right to judge me for the actions that somebody else has taken. Please do not insult me by suggesting otherwise.
Again, I did reply to the activity check...

Quote from Dem0n
If you could read...
Are you suggesting that I am incapable of reading? Is it luck then, that my responses are usually on topic?

Quote from Dem0n
you would have realized what poison was trying to say with his big, red text, but you didn't.
PLEASE REPLY TO SENDER OR YOU WILL NOT BE COUNTED FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS ACTIVITY CHECK.
This can be taken in several ways (hence why I misread?) Firstly, you could read this as:

Please use reply to sender, or your message will not be received and therefore defeat the purpose of this activity check.

Or, perhaps more logically in my opinion:
Please reply to the sender of this message, failure to do so and you will not be counted in the activity check.

Is it my fault that SEN has [Reply to All], [Reply to Sender] and [Reply to Group]?
Baring in mind the [Reply to Group] is in the same place that is commonly used for a fast reply in most websites, including SEN.

Quote from Dem0n
and now you're getting mad for no reason.
I am not mad, you can have my word on that.

None.

Jan 7 2013, 7:11 pm Azrael Post #57

I vote InsolubleFluff for lynch.

Jan 7 2013, 7:13 pm Roy Post #58

Quote from InsolubleFluff
I never once made a claim for what the game currently runs on, let alone what it should run on.
You asked why " common sense" wasn't used, and I attempted to answer. I apologize if you've taken offense to that.

However, common sense is something that can be useful in most, if not all, walks of life.
I agree, and this is why procedures that shouldn't be changed can cause scenarios where it goes against common sense.

Further, just because there have been incidents where players that are active in other parts of the forum and not active in the Mafia thread, does not mean you can subject me to the same scorn as them. I have posted in this thread already and quite consistently amongst other topics on the overall forum.
We can, however, subject you to the same rules as everyone else. We've had very active members (including those who posted at least twice daily and even active moderators) who have ignored a game they signed up for, so your general activity isn't a solid indicator that you're going to play.

Let me be clear: I'm not accusing you of anything. In fact, I expect you to be one of the more active players for this game because of your enthusiasm. I was just trying to clarify the confusion you expressed regarding the activity checks.

I appreciate that you are trying to prove a point that does not exist for absolutely no reason, but please, spare me the effort.
If this is your reaction when I try to be helpful, I will indeed spare you the effort.

Jan 7 2013, 7:59 pm InsolubleFluff Post #59

Quote from Azrael
I vote InsolubleFluff for lynch.
+1

None.

Jan 7 2013, 8:29 pm Wing Zero Post #60

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Technicly he did respond to the activity check so i dont see why everyone is giving him such a hard time about it

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 510 >
  Back to forum