Sep 29 2012, 12:30 am
By: Aristocrat
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 518 >

Polls

Oct 6 2012, 6:42 pm TiKels Post #41

Quote from Fire_Kame
I wanna be the guy.
You can get surgery for that.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 6 2012, 6:51 pm Fire_Kame Post #42

wth is starcraft

No man, I mean the guy. The guy you all admire and respect.

Oct 7 2012, 5:17 am Sacrieur Post #43

Still Napping

I hope you're ready to meet your end.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 6:13 am Aristocrat Post #44

Day 0

While average passerbys saw little more than a child running around in a typical display of youthful playfulness, the reality was far more gruesome than they could have imagined. A young girl wearing the latest invention of Megamass Inc., the Augmented Reality Visors, dubbed "glasses", was frantically chasing a black, amorphous blob, tears streaming down her cheek as she bore witness to the cruel cybernetic phenomenon before her eyes.

The black blob was not a real entity that existed within the physical world; it was a cyberlifeform that only existed within the world of the glasses, its digital origins unknown. The body of this blob was fragmenting as it fled from its pursuer, leaving a trail of disintegrating cybermaterial much resembling fecal matter in its path.

That was not, however, why the girl was chasing it. Within the grasp of this horrid aberration was the rapidly degenerating corpse of her cyberpet, Tama. A mere three minutes ago, Tama was energetically jumping around like any other pet, but now, its cyberbody was covered with a multitude of errors, the central process maintaining its sentience long since terminated.

The girl relentlessly chased the blob in the hopes of recovering her cyberpet, though deep down inside she knew it was a futile struggle. She ran through busy intersections, down abandoned alleyways, until she finally lost sight of the far more agile cyberlifeform, who already managed to flee far from the young child, having taken advantage of its agility, unhindered by the sandbag of a physical body.

As the young girl wiped the tears from her eyes and looked around, she noticed that she was no longer in familiar territory. She was already deep within the boundaries of a private construction site, her cybernavi unable to paint an exit pathway due to the lack of updated data in this region. Fearful of becoming lost in the unknown, the young girl treaded deeper into the half-finished building, following the only lead she had borne witness to: the rapidly disintegrating line of black, digital matter.

Before long, the girl arrived at a large open space, with the black cybernetic lifeform frozen dead-center in the large, circular lobby, a spiral of furnished tiles adorning the floor along with various chalk lines that seemed to be emitting light. The girl hurried towards the center, but she soon noticed the kneeling figure next to the black blob.

The silhouette turned to look at the young girl and stared right into her eyes, but little did she know, over fifteen trillion calculations had been rapidly processed and completed within that short span of time. Dem0nS1ayer saw only one thing before her AR visors were destroyed in a brilliant shower of sparks: the beginnings of a powerful cybernetic explosion centered on the glowing remains of what used to be the jet black cyberlifeform that she had been chasing.

It took but a mere moment for the city's Cyberspace to be horrifically shaken by the tremendous shockwave set off by the cataclysmic destruction of the now-destablized obsolete space. The mysterious silhouette walked away from the event unfazed, disappearing into the quickly gathering crowd and blending in with the unaware citizens. However, while many curious locals quickly gathered to witness the tragedy, most quickly dispersed when they realized that the disaster was a purely digital event. Only twenty curious souls remained when they noticed the black trail of a fading cybersubstance leading into the disaster site, but they could not proceed further as the entire space of the construction site was ripped to shreds by the overwhelming force of the explosion, its error-correcting codes unable to repair the extensive damage done.

One of the more nerdy group members reached into his pocket and pulled out a large collection of files, spreading them out to show the contents. "This incident is clearly the unstable cascade reaction resulting from the decomposition of a new, undocumented cyberlifeform that I have been tracking for the past few months," he volunteered, "I call it the Illegal. Megamass was supposed to have designed the whole virtual world to be bug-free; could this be a rogue virus running rampant in undeleted obsolete spaces? If we can obtain one, perhaps we could tap into its internal routines and figure out what allowed it to generate so much cyberenergy as to cause the collapse of this construction space."

Most of the group nodded in agreement, their interests perked by the prospect of harnessing this power for themselves. The few who did not, however, had much darker agendas on their minds.

Several AR visors simultaneously opened encrypted connections to Megamass headquarters, rapidly exchanging information at the speed of light as the headquarters greenlighted their final resolution to contain this leak of classified data...

Night 0 ends Monday, October 8, 11:59 PM (EDT)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 7 2012, 8:49 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 6:53 am Roy Post #45

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Aristocrat
The body of this blob was fragmenting as it fled from its pursuer, leaving a trail of disintegrating cybermaterial much resembling fecal matter in its path.

That was not, however, why the girl was chasing it.
Could've fooled me.

Quote from Aristocrat
Megamass was supposed to have designed the whole virtual world to be bug-free; ...
Yeah, right. I know I always design things with bugs built-in. Sounds like this nerdy guy doesn't understand software development. It must be Demonsl-
Quote from Aristocrat
Dem0nS1ayer saw only one thing before her AR visors were destroyed in a brilliant shower of sparks: ...
Right...

Oct 7 2012, 8:13 am Lanthanide Post #46

I never signed up for this but for some reason Aristocrat gave me a role. I have no intention of playing. So I guess he's going to have to re-roll.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 10:03 am Roy Post #47

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Lanthanide
I never signed up for this but for some reason Aristocrat gave me a role. I have no intention of playing. So I guess he's going to have to re-roll.
Did you vote in the activity check poll? Aristocrat made it clear that voting in the poll was a last-minute sign up for those that hadn't already signed up.
Quote from Aristocrat
Activity checks have been sent out; please respond to the activity check by voting in the poll of this thread rather than replying via PM. Players who have not yet registered may respond to this activity check as well, which signs them up for this game in the process.

Oct 7 2012, 12:30 pm NudeRaider Post #48

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Haha, I can split the players in 2 separate groups without even playing. That gonna be fun.

Anyone who wants to be exiled, PM me.

Oct 7 2012, 2:06 pm Azrael Post #49

I'm going to operate under the assumption that I'm the Megamass Infiltrator and start plotting how I'm going to kill you all :kame:

I'd be interested to know if clues are being used in the day/night posts or not. When I read this:

Quote from Aristocrat
leaving a trail of disintegrating cybermaterial much resembling fecal matter

I couldn't help but think of this avatar and title.

If there are clues, then that seems like a pretty obvious one indicating Poison is either Megamass or Null.

Oct 7 2012, 2:12 pm Raitaki Post #50

Nah, I think that part's from the anime. A character certainly did literally call the cybermaterial poop. Also, disintegrating cybermaterial points to Null.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 2:21 pm Azrael Post #51

Oh, you're suggesting that we're at a disadvantage if we haven't watched this obscure G-rated anime. That seems fair.

I still want to know if clues are being used or not.

Oct 7 2012, 2:34 pm TiKels Post #52

Quote from NudeRaider
Haha, I can split the players in 2 separate groups without even playing. That gonna be fun.

Anyone who wants to be exiled, PM me.
The role states that they have to be on EVERY list. Last game with this role there were about four or five architects. Let's say three of them submit lists.
List 1

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5

List 2

Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5

List 3

Player 5

Only player 5 will be blocked off. If a player isn't in every list submitted, then nobody is walled off. The role becomes stronger the less architects there are, meaning that claiming architect makes you less likely to be killed by mafia, and more likely to be killed by town :P

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 7 2012, 3:00 pm NudeRaider Post #53

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I can post the list so the others can do the same.

Or the others drop me a message and I'll send them the list if anonymous would be better.

I don't care though. You guys figure it out. :)

Oct 7 2012, 3:35 pm Aristocrat Post #54

Quote from Azrael
I'd be interested to know if clues are being used in the day/night posts or not.
Clues are used in any non-negative quantity; reference the end-game post for my first Mafia to see what sort of clues you can expect to see, when they are used. Clues will reference both a player and a role or affiliation, not necessarily only mafia, zombies, or important town power roles.

Clues dug up by researchers will unambiguously always reference a Megamass member, but will not point to the particular role they are.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 5:31 pm Fire_Kame Post #55

wth is starcraft

It is hard to sift out clues when I haven't seen the anime. Maybe I should've watched it first...especially give the clues from the game you linked, like:

Quote from Aristocrat
A mysterious blade-wielding killer announced his name as "Lotus". This is not intended to be a clue against LoTu)S, but rather, a reference to this post. As the Swashbuckler is the only role depicted with an explicit affinity for bladed weaponry, this points to Roy's role as the SWASHBUCKLER.
meaning that other clues in your posts could just as easily be misinterpreted. :>_>:

Can I change my sig throughout the game? I know you said we can't change our avatar but I forgot to ask about the signature....

Oct 7 2012, 5:35 pm Aristocrat Post #56

Your signature doesn't matter, you can change it at any time.

Watching the series won't be necessary to interpret any clues I put out there, although it'll probably help visualize the expository details.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 5:41 pm Leon-037 Post #57

Quote from Lanthanide
You voted Yes on the poll.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 6:15 pm poison_us Post #58

Back* from the grave

Quote from Azrael
Quote from Aristocrat
leaving a trail of disintegrating cybermaterial much resembling fecal matter

I couldn't help but think of this avatar and title.

If there are clues, then that seems like a pretty obvious one indicating Poison is either Megamass or Null.
I wish I was. Would make things much easier, especially since people would already suspect me :awesome:
However, I'd rather not be killed right away. Would kinda hurt my plans of living.

Oct 7 2012, 7:35 pm Lanthanide Post #59

Quote from Roy
Quote from Lanthanide
Did you vote in the activity check poll? Aristocrat made it clear that voting in the poll was a last-minute sign up for those that hadn't already signed up.
Quote from Aristocrat
Activity checks have been sent out; please respond to the activity check by voting in the poll of this thread rather than replying via PM. Players who have not yet registered may respond to this activity check as well, which signs them up for this game in the process.
For some definition of "made it clear", perhaps.

The only post I read in this thread one was by someone saying "I could point out the sen rules about all polls requiring an 'Other' option". I saw that, saw there was a poll which said "Are you present" and the only option being "Yes" so I clicked it, because I was present.

I didn't know that voting meant I was signing up, because I did not read the post by Aristocrat that says that.

If the poll question had been "Are you present? Answering Yes enters you into the game" I wouldn't have voted.

Anyway, I've told everyone here that I have no intention in playing the game. You can carry on with a publicly declared inactive player if you want. I suggest that it isn't a good idea, though.

None.

Oct 7 2012, 8:11 pm NudeRaider Post #60

Just in case I cant come on in time: Aristo, I exile Roy.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 518 >
  Back to forum