Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: City Terrain
City Terrain
Jun 20 2012, 3:12 pm
By: Raygoza
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >

Jul 5 2012, 6:13 am TF- Post #81

🤙ðŸ¾

Yeah, and I have a hunch that planet repeats itself like a thousand times in the background of that level.

🤙ðŸ¾

Jul 5 2012, 9:00 am Raygoza Post #82

That guys mod is awesome but he hasn't released anything since 2009 and that SC2 mod extra is not made by him, look at he's clip showing out stuff from he's mod, it very well done.
By the way lets get back to the space background, could any of you make something like that?
I'd like to see something like that made by others, it could revolutionize space maps.

Since it's mod related too you could add a entirely new atmosphere by changing music and the background.
Considering that there are enough wholes to see the background from.

None.

Jul 5 2012, 4:08 pm Dem0n Post #83

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

You could do it. Find the background in stardat.mpq or starcraft.mpq and paste a planet onto it.

Jul 9 2012, 4:16 pm Raygoza Post #84

Do you guys know how to access those mpqs?
With what tools to open and edit the stuff?
How to know which layer of stars I'll paste the planet in?

None.

Jul 9 2012, 4:18 pm Dem0n Post #85

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Download WinMPQ and look at Stardat.mpq or Starcraft.mpq in your Starcraft directory. All the pictures are in pcx format, so you'll have to get either photoshop or paintshop pro to edit them. I am not sure, however, that the space background actually is just a picture. You can look through the mpqs and figure it out, though, because I just don't feel like looking through all that crap.

Jul 9 2012, 4:47 pm lil-Inferno Post #86

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
All the pictures are in pcx format, so you'll have to get either photoshop or paintshop pro to edit them..
GIMP works too, and is free.

Jul 10 2012, 10:33 am Raygoza Post #87

There are a whole lot of files in each one of those mpqs how do I know what to extract
Buy the way, I already have photoshop.

None.

Jul 10 2012, 3:45 pm Dem0n Post #88

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Extract all of them and see which one is the right one. :awesome: But seriously, it should probably be under like tileset\space\ or something. I really don't know where exactly you find it. Just look around the tileset\ section and see if you can find it.

Jul 10 2012, 4:16 pm Pr0nogo Post #89

Make sure you have your listfiles imported and that you've configured TileEdit2!

Sep 4 2012, 7:44 pm Raygoza Post #90

How Do you mod maps to display different graphics for different units or buildings as well as making the displayed name to be different and probably mute the unit/building?

None.

Sep 4 2012, 8:18 pm Pr0nogo Post #91

You really need to look around modding guides on the forum before you ask these questions. You're not looking to mod individual maps - that's not even something most people know about, let alone understand properly. You're looking to create a custom .exe/.mpq file that contains data that will modify the base StarCraft game. Look around for information on how to modify StarCraft graphics and how to change text.

Sep 4 2012, 9:34 pm Mouse Post #92

Wait, would it be possible to mod individual maps? It would be like a new EUD actions! You could replace any unit with different sprites and all that other crap that you could do in regular modding. I have no idea how this would work though. :/

None.

Sep 4 2012, 11:20 pm Roy Post #93

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Mouse
Wait, would it be possible to mod individual maps? It would be like a new EUD actions! You could replace any unit with different sprites and all that other crap that you could do in regular modding. I have no idea how this would work though. :/
Nope.

More specifically: you can put whatever you want into the map CHK (or MPQ for that matter), but SC will disregard it. The way to make SC not disregard it is to mod SC.

Sep 5 2012, 6:10 am TF- Post #94

🤙ðŸ¾

Quote from Roy
Quote from Mouse
Nope.

More specifically: you can put whatever you want into the map CHK (or MPQ for that matter), but SC will disregard it. The way to make SC not disregard it is to mod SC.

That makes me think, why hasn't someone made a plugin like the EUD Enabler that makes SC very much regard any modified data (stats changes via .dat files, sprites etc) you include in the map, all you'd have to do is check one more box in Chaoslauncher and you could play any mods that aren't campaigns.

🤙ðŸ¾

Sep 5 2012, 1:17 pm Roy Post #95

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from TF-
That makes me think, why hasn't someone made a plugin like the EUD Enabler that makes SC very much regard any modified data (stats changes via .dat files, sprites etc) you include in the map, all you'd have to do is check one more box in Chaoslauncher and you could play any mods that aren't campaigns.
It's probably more work to inject everything (as you'd potentially have to be concerned about dynamic memory, depending on what and how you're modding) than it is to just change the executable, unless it's a really simple mod like changing some DAT numbers. Then, additionally, you'd still have the same problem with other mods: everyone you play with needs to also have that mod. So essentially, you're not accomplishing anything except making it loadable via Chaoslauncher, which is just a convenience that may not be worth the effort.

But hey, if you want to give it a shot, go ahead. :)

Sep 6 2012, 5:20 am Raygoza Post #96

In the mod my friend is developing we want infested builings, not regular infested buildings but domes and huts as well.
With a modified map which contain pre placed campaign buildings in proper sizes can be used and with the map modding making them look properly and play an other death animation and have a other name being displayed, possibly muting the building as well.
In the mod there's almost no space left to add more stuff especially stuff that require own graphics.
With map modding we can accomplish making the mod complete without having each content in the main mod.

Besides I have already been looking for how to modify map a lot before I asked, do anyone here know of a link which will take me to a map modding guide?

None.

Sep 6 2012, 7:17 am DevliN Post #97

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

What do you mean by "no space left"? Also, I think there may be some confusion here. In SC1, "modding" mods the game itself not just one map. So your mod will affect all maps played, not just whatever map you're specifically working on.

As for guides, try http://www.staredit.net/forums/13/ (specifically the stickied topics).

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 6 2012, 1:00 pm Raygoza Post #98

Seems like you did'nt understand, In this mod there is almost no space left to cannibalize existing content to add own because all the other thuings we do want to keep.
The purpose of the mod is to add the infested Terrans as a complete race without making it out of any existing race, it will exist paralell with all the other races.
Now It had to use many campaign buildings and even Cannibalize critter GRPs to have enough. There is no space left to add more things. By modding the map we can get more stuff without those stuff being a part of the mod itself, as some guys earlier said that it is possible.
I am only asking how it is possible and where could I find a guide that teaches how to do this.

None.

Sep 6 2012, 2:25 pm DevliN Post #99

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You're right I didn't understand, and I suppose I still don't to an extent. "Modding" a map is simply changing unit names and basic stats. I get that you want to create a new race and that you know you have to do that with an actual mod, but I don't see how the mapmaking portion of it will solve any issue you seem to be having, or what "as some guys earlier said that it is possible" is referring to. Changing names of units and stats wont free up any space for you. :/

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 6 2012, 3:54 pm Dem0n Post #100

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'm assuming he means that since he wants to add a completely new race, but keep the existing ones as well, there aren't enough free units for him to make an entire race; hence, there's "no space left." Or something.

And please stop saying "map modding." That doesn't exist. You make an mpq/exe, and then you play whatever map you want with those changes. The only "map modding" that exists is EUD actions, but you don't want to use those since you would have to use the EUD Action Enabler each time you wanted to play. Not to mention, you wouldn't know where to begin with EUDs anyways.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum