Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Prom
Prom
Mar 9 2012, 2:25 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Mar 13 2012, 1:15 am Azrael Post #61

Quote from TiKels
Quote from rockz
you will looks like a douchebag if you don't wear a tux.

Mar 13 2012, 2:16 am payne Post #62

:payne:

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Wear a fuckin' tux, suits are stupid for an event like this. You'll look out of place, and fuck that "don't conform man!!!" bullshit. Just get a tux; they're not that expensive.
If you can prove that my "don't conform man!!!" advocacy is bullshit, please go on. I am more than ready to debate about this.
Why should one encourage something that doesn't seem to be actually rational. Why should it be required to pay to look nice to assist to a prom without fearing judgment from others? No one should be forced to conform to that. Actually, that shouldn't even exist in the first place.
And I don't put emphasis on the money here, my point is mostly about judgment. Buying something just by fear from judgment proves that there is something wrong that must be fixed, and you surely can't fix it by conforming.

... But maybe I'm wrong. Please prove me wrong: don't let me fail so blatantly at understanding the Truth behind all this.

Quote from Sacrieur

I can't hear you over the sound of my awesome.

Real men go as pirates, posers.
You have just won my respect.

None.

Mar 13 2012, 2:18 am Dem0n Post #63

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Prom is meant to be a formal event. I'm all for not just doing what everyone does, but you shouldn't be a dick and ruin the formality of the event just because you want to be different. Are you going to wear flannel pajamas to your wedding whenever you get married? I heard it's pretty expensive to get a tux for that.

Mar 13 2012, 2:21 am TiKels Post #64

Saying that you'd somehow create a better society by wearing a pirate costume to prom is ludicrous.

If you actually had some sort of intense desire to reform society, maybe the best place to start isn't your highschool prom.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 13 2012, 2:38 am rayNimagi Post #65

Quote from Sacrieur

I like how the woman on the right is like "We are not amused."

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 13 2012, 2:38 am payne Post #66

:payne:

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Prom is meant to be a formal event. I'm all for not just doing what everyone does, but you shouldn't be a dick and ruin the formality of the event just because you want to be different. Are you going to wear flannel pajamas to your wedding whenever you get married? I heard it's pretty expensive to get a tux for that.
Quote from TiKels
Saying that you'd somehow create a better society by wearing a pirate costume to prom is ludicrous.

If you actually had some sort of intense desire to reform society, maybe the best place to start isn't your highschool prom.
Both are totally missing my point.
I'm not advocating to be non-conformist on purpose. I'm advocating that there shouldn't be any kind of dressing rule that comes along with "formal" events. If someone feels like buying a tux, go for it. If you feel like dressing as a pirate, cool. If you want to dress normally, good for you.
What I don't want is people judging/rejecting/etc. on people that do not want to conform on irrational rules, that is, someone that felt like not wearing a tux.

None.

Mar 13 2012, 2:39 am Sacrieur Post #67

Still Napping

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from Sacrieur

I like how the woman on the right is like "We are not amused."

It's cool, I killed that bitch later.

None.

Mar 13 2012, 2:53 am Jack Post #68

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

What's a prom

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 13 2012, 3:05 am lil-Inferno Post #69

Just here for the pie

Quote from Jack
What's a prom
You find a date, rent an expensive suit/tux, go to the prom in an unnecessary limousine, grind your frontal (but clothed) genitalia upon your date's rear end for a few hours, possibly stopping to get some punch, grind more, and afterwards you usually end up bowling or engaging in sexual intercourse.

tl;dr: A place where everyone but you gets some pussy.

Mar 13 2012, 3:07 am Jack Post #70

...but why

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 13 2012, 3:11 am lil-Inferno Post #71

Just here for the pie

Quote from Jack
...but why
So that you can have a one night stand with your chemistry lab partner in a cheap hotel room, of course.

Mar 13 2012, 3:13 am Jack Post #72

But people do that anyway...

Red classic.

Mar 13 2012, 3:16 am lil-Inferno Post #73

Just here for the pie

Quote from Jack
Not after spending $800 to attend and prepare for a dance, they don't.

Mar 13 2012, 3:18 am Jack Post #74

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Jack
Not after spending $800 to attend and prepare for a dance, they don't.
Yeah, not $800. $100 I've seen regularly in NZ for people going to clubs and doing much the same as a prom minus tux's. Much more fashionable to go as party rockers :3

Erry day I'm shufflin

Red classic.

Mar 13 2012, 3:19 am poison_us Post #75

Back* from the grave

Quote from Azrael
Quote from TiKels
Quote from rockz
you will looks like a douchebag if you don't wear a tux.
I don't want to looks like a douchebag...

Mar 13 2012, 4:15 am Moose Post #76

We live in a society.

You can always make your outfit out of Duck® Brand duct tape and win a scholarship. Serious. :awesome:

Mar 23 2012, 12:31 am rayNimagi Post #77

She kept hinting that she liked me, so I asked her to prom, and she said yes ^^

Now that half the trouble is over, I have encountered some more problems. Though we are still going in a group of our friends, I still need to pay for her ticket. What else am I supposed to get for her?
-Pay for her share of dinner
-Her share of the limo fee
-A Corsage?
-???

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 23 2012, 12:45 am Voyager7456 Post #78

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

No question mark on that corsage - don't be a scrub.

PS lol@limo

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Mar 23 2012, 1:29 am Dem0n Post #79

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Does she also go to your school? Tell her to buy her own ticket. >_>

If you do pay for her ticket, I think she could handle her own food/limo costs.

Mar 23 2012, 1:36 am DevliN Post #80

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Definitely take advice from Dem0n. Based on his Shoutbox conversations regarding women, he is an expert.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum