Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Internet Congress
Internet Congress
Dec 7 2011, 1:37 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 518 >

Dec 17 2011, 2:22 am Lanthanide Post #41

I don't think any of these people are qualified to be president.

None.

Dec 17 2011, 2:32 am poison_us Post #42

Back* from the grave

Quote from rayNimagi
Cameras flashed as Azrael.Wrath and poison_us, the first senators from districts 6 and 7, respectively, shook hands and smiled before a group of reporters.
"Working together, despite our differences, will bring prosperity to our nation," pledged senator Wrath.

I nominate Arael.Wrath. May he preside well.

Dec 17 2011, 2:33 am Raitaki Post #43

:hurr: We should elect a player that is neither too smart or too trollish.....I vote Azrael.Wrath
Btw Ray you're not supposed to capitalize "Payne" :P

EDIT:
Quote from rayNimagi
Votes that are not colored in large, red text may not be counted
EDIT2: On second thought, there is no negative policies yet, so maybe we can just get Az on and see to what extent the prez can steer the game :hurr:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 17 2011, 4:46 am by Raitaki.

None.

Dec 17 2011, 5:20 am rayNimagi Post #44

Quote from poison_us
EDIT:
Quote from rayNimagi
Votes that are not colored in large, red text may not be counted
Despite poison's misspelling of "Azrael," his vote is at least in a different color, and there are few posts to scroll through so far, so I'll count it. I just need votes to be distinguishable, not buried in a wall of text.

Voter : Voted For

OlimarandLouie
Raitaki : Azrael.Wrath
Fire_Kame
Azrael.Wrath
poison_us : Azrael.Wrath
TiKels
Lanthanide
Echo
payne
FaRTy1billion

Leading candidate: Azrael.Wrath

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Dec 17 2011, 5:24 am payne Post #45

:payne:

Are there hints of the Secret Objectives of players in the small intro Encase box text?
Also, hippie-payne for president!

If you want a good sneak peak of the kind of bills I will not let pass under my dictatorial reign: anything that doesn't contain Order, Morality, or Technology!

(My strategy is basically to reveal my Secret Objectives so that people are more inclined to work with me toward our common goals.)

None.

Dec 17 2011, 5:44 am Echo Post #46

I will only vote for someone who supports order, morality, or technology.

None.

Dec 17 2011, 5:44 am poison_us Post #47

Back* from the grave

Quote from rayNimagi
Despite poison's misspelling of "Azrael,"
Hush. Z is not an important key.

Dec 17 2011, 5:45 am Lanthanide Post #48

I propose anyone but payne for president.

None.

Dec 17 2011, 5:55 am payne Post #49

Quote from Lanthanide
I propose anyone but payne for president.
D:

My strategy failed!

None.

Dec 17 2011, 7:08 am Azrael Post #50

Quote from Raitaki
:hurr: We should elect a player that is neither too smart or too trollish.....I vote payne
Quote from Raitaki
:hurr: We should elect a player that is neither too smart or too trollish.....I vote Azrael.Wrath

Are you sure the preceding statement still accurately reflects your new vote? :awesome: Maybe payne is my personality doppleganger!

Then again, I'm not entirely convinced you can be too much of either of those things :kame:

Quote from payne
If you want a good sneak peak of the kind of bills I will not let pass under my dictatorial reign: anything that doesn't contain Order, Morality, or Technology!

Well, I don't think those are favorable terms for anyone who doesn't have at least two of those three policies =P You have to work with people to find a common goal, otherwise everyone will resent what you're doing and just override all your vetoes anyways.

In other news, I'm founding the Sen Reform Party. SRP is dedicated to changing the current disorganized system and unfair practices exhibited by our lackluster excuse of a government. Anyone who joins SRP can do so publicly or privately, members will not be publicly revealed, although they are free to and even encouraged to show their pride in their party affiliation.

At the time a president is elected, regardless of who it is, the member list will be shared with all members. Again, all members are free to share their own affiliation with the party, but are asked to respect the privacy of others who wish to not be named. All members have the option to opt out of the shared member list, in which case only I will know they are a member.

How do I join the Sen Reform Party?

Simply post in the thread or PM me requesting membership! At this point there are no negative policies, so no one has directly conflicting interests.

What are the benefits?

When you join the SRP, you PM me with one policy of your choice. This policy will be added to the Shared Policy List. All members of the SRP will vote in favor of any bill if all policies it improves are on the Shared Policy List. Likewise, all members will vote against a bill if it reduces points in any of the policies on the shared list.

How many policies can be on the shared list?

Since every bill can have at most 6 policies, 3 which are improved and 3 which are reduced (with 1 not included), the Shared Policy List can only function with at most 4 policies included. These 4 policies will serve as the SRP's platform.

What if the shared list is full but I want to add something else?

In this scenario, you will be immediately informed that your policy conflicts with the currently held list and that it cannot be added. This is a good reason to attempt to join the SRP privately before announcing your involvement publicly.

What if the policy I added doesn't get included in any bills?

Rest assured, the party will attempt to introduce and pass bills which result in all 4 shared policies receiving equal improvement over the course of the term.

What if I don't want to vote for or against a bill, even if the party has decided unanimously to do so?

The other members of the SRP will vote for a bill which encompasses policies on the Shared Policy List, even if it only benefits you and not them. Of course, this must go both ways in order to work. Since we will attempt to evenly distribute improvements among all 4 bills, there is no reason to vote against policies which support the party's platform.

What if I want to leave the party at a later date?

You have the option to leave the SRP at any time that your personal policies change. An effort will be made to develop a more sophisticated system at the time that negative policies are introduced, so that a majority of SRP members will be benefited by them. Of course this will be discussed at length and decided on by the members at the time when it occurs. I expect some players will be forced to leave due to conflicting policies, while others will want to join at that time, and that will be perfectly acceptable.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask either publicly or privately. In the meantime, I look forward to working with the future members of the Sen Reform Party to bring about the changes necessary to make our society a successful one.

Dec 17 2011, 7:11 am poison_us Post #51

Back* from the grave

Praise be Azrael.Wrath! All for the Empire!

Dec 17 2011, 4:07 pm rayNimagi Post #52

Quote from payne
Are there hints of the Secret Objectives of players in the small intro Encase box text?
No, it was just for flavor.
Is that a vote?

Presidential Electoral Votes

Dec 17 2011, 6:55 pm OlimarandLouie Post #53

I shall place my electoral vote for Azrael.Wrath

None.

Dec 17 2011, 8:32 pm payne Post #54

Quote from rayNimagi
Is that a vote?
Well, it's a different size and color than the rest. I would say yes. ;)

None.

Dec 17 2011, 8:47 pm poison_us Post #55

Back* from the grave

I just found out that my dad cancelled our internet, and he's waiting until after Christmas to get a new service. So if you'd like to replace me, feel free.

Dec 18 2011, 4:13 am rayNimagi Post #56

Quote from poison_us
I just found out that my dad cancelled our internet, and he's waiting until after Christmas to get a new service. So if you'd like to replace me, feel free.
We have several options:
1. Remove poison_us and redistribute policies (which will make things confusing)
2. Find a replacement for poison (unlikely)
3. Keep going (poison's votes would be all "abstain" unless he can get on and vote)

Seeing as some players won't vote anyway (if they forget, or their internet broke, etc.), I don't expect to have 100% people vote on every bill/election (thought it would be great if everyone did). poison, are you getting internet immediately on Dec. 26th, or just "sometime after Christmas"? If it is the former, we won't have too many problems. If it is the latter, we might as well redistribute policies while the game's still young, and extend the presidential election a day or two.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to replace poison_us, feel free to speak up.

Dec 18 2011, 4:15 am Fire_Kame Post #57

wth is starcraft

Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king.

Dec 18 2011, 7:42 am Azrael Post #58

There is still room on the Shared Policy List, for anyone interested in joining the SRP.

Let's work together to create a better tomorrow, for the good of all of us.

Edit: Please refer to this post for details.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 18 2011, 7:49 am by Azrael.Wrath.

Dec 18 2011, 8:53 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #59

👻 👾 👽 💪

I vote Kame

:awesome:

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 18 2011, 6:22 pm rayNimagi Post #60

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 518 >
  Back to forum