Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Internet Congress
Internet Congress
Dec 7 2011, 1:37 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 2 3 418 >

Dec 8 2011, 8:00 am Lanthanide Post #21

Ok, so we gain new objectives every 4 years. Say we had +3 gun control, and we had passed 5 gun control laws for a total of 15 points. Then a new term starts and we get new objectives which is now -5 gun control. Do we suddenly go from +15 points to -10 because we deduct 25 points due to 5 * -5? Or do we go from +15 to -25? Or at the end of a presidency, does the slate get wiped clean and we 'bank' all our existing points?

None.

Dec 8 2011, 9:51 pm Echo Post #22

Sign me

None.

Dec 8 2011, 11:28 pm payne Post #23

:payne:

I'm in.

A "year" is basically a day or two, or what?

None.

Dec 8 2011, 11:46 pm Bar Refaeli Post #24

Quote from Echo
Sign me
I don't feel safe on this island anymore.

None.

Dec 9 2011, 2:27 am rayNimagi Post #25

Quote from Lanthanide
Ok, so we gain new objectives every 4 years. Say we had +3 gun control, and we had passed 5 gun control laws for a total of 15 points. Then a new term starts and we get new objectives which is now -5 gun control.
New objectives will be objectives that were formerly not in use. I have a formula that will determine how many total policies will be in the game, and how many will be added every four years. For example, perhaps the formula said 7 total policies for 7 players. When we start, the list of policies will be shrunk to seven: e.g. "Abortion Rights, Education, Environment, Freedom, Morality, Order, and Economic Improvement". (These current policy agenda will be listed on the front page.) Each player will be given 3 objectives (distribution will be balanced so that it you cannot be the only one with "Animal Rights") from the list of seven. After four years, between 2 and 3 new policies (inclusive) (or between 2 and (# of players / 2)) will be introduced to the game. For instance, I might add Labor Unions and States' Rights to the game, and give everyone either +2 Labor Unions or +2 States' Rights (the magnitude will most likely be the same).

Or at the end of a presidency, does the slate get wiped clean and we 'bank' all our existing points?
Points are only totaled at the end of the game.

Quote from Echo
Sign me

Quote from payne
I'm in.

A "year" is basically a day or two, or what?
It might be 4-7 days long, since each bill might have up to 72 hours for voting (multiple bills will be in play at the same time).

Rule Additions/Clarifications Added to the OP

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Dec 11 2011, 2:58 am Bar Refaeli Post #26

Sorry, I'm out. Not gonna be able to get on SEN for an extended period of time soon.

None.

Dec 11 2011, 6:35 am rayNimagi Post #27

Quote from name:Raccoon
Sorry, I'm out. Not gonna be able to get on SEN for an extended period of time soon.
Done.

Today I played this game with a few of my friends in real life. I'll post a summary of how it went, so that it will be clearer how this game is supposed to work.

Changes to the rules:
Secret objectives will not display negative points. That makes things too confusing. However, players still lose points if their favored policies go into the negatives.

Dec 11 2011, 12:27 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #28

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'll play!

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 12 2011, 5:03 am rayNimagi Post #29

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I'll play!
Added.

Dec 12 2011, 5:28 am Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

BAN

ALL THE RIGHTS

Each player will start out with a certain number of secret objectives (probably 3). Policies will be randomized by random.org.
Policy #1: back up 7-day creationists lobbying for a compulsive display of the ten commandments in front of every government building
Policy #2: Fully legalize abortion so that your daughter's loose ways can be discretely covered up should the need arise
Policy #3: Increase amount of danishes offered when meetings convene, decrease the number of bear claws.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 12 2011, 5:36 am by Fire_Kame.

Dec 13 2011, 3:19 am rayNimagi Post #31

As promised, here is a recap of the game played a few days ago, along with some commentary. The one thing I learned from the game: NEGOTIATE.

Format of bill records:
[sponsor] : up [policy A] min [policy B] [pass/fail]

So, "A: up Econ min morality fails"
Means "Player A introduced a bill that increased ("up") economy and decreased ("minus"/"min") morality. It failed."

Pre-Game

Yr 1 - Learning the Ropes

Yr 2 - Negotiation Continues

Yr 3 - Every Bill Passes!

Yr 4 - Lame Duck Period

Yr 5 - Presidential Election

Scoring

Dec 14 2011, 4:59 am rayNimagi Post #32

I will begin sending out activity checks tomorrow. Anyone who does not respond within 36 hours of receiving the activity check will be removed from the game.

Dec 15 2011, 12:11 am rayNimagi Post #33

Signups are closed! Please notify me if you have not received an activity check by one hour after this post.

Rule changes/clarifications:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 15 2011, 1:17 am by rayNimagi.

Dec 16 2011, 12:08 am TiKels Post #34

I accidentally deleted my activity check.

This will serve as it.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Dec 16 2011, 1:12 am rayNimagi Post #35

Quote from TiKels

This will serve as it.
Got it. I am waiting on Payne to acknowledge my message. Seeing as Napoleon hasn't logged on since he/she joined the site, I plan to distribute policies tomorrow.

I have updated the policy list and crossed out the policies I do not plan to use at this time.

Dec 16 2011, 1:47 am Lanthanide Post #36

Yeah, these policy areas are a lot more realistic now.

None.

Dec 16 2011, 3:54 am Fire_Kame Post #37

wth is starcraft

I petition for an increase in :wob:

Dec 16 2011, 5:48 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #38

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Fire_Kame
I petition for an increase in :wob:
Second

:wob:

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 16 2011, 6:27 am payne Post #39

:payne:

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from TiKels

This will serve as it.
Got it. I am waiting on Payne to acknowledge my message. Seeing as Napoleon hasn't logged on since he/she joined the site, I plan to distribute policies tomorrow.

I have updated the policy list and crossed out the policies I do not plan to use at this time.
Sorry, I was partying and I'm dead hang-over right now. And my insomnia is raping me too. :/

EDIT: And I want Drug Legalization back in! >:O
Else, I'm wondering what "Economy" policy would do on a secluded island that has no relation with the outside world. ;o

None.

Dec 17 2011, 1:44 am rayNimagi Post #40

I'm wondering what "Economy" policy would do on a secluded island that has no relation with the outside world.
Well people have to barter, right? Maybe you could establish a national currency... oh, but that might decrease the morality of Sen because money is the root of all evil...

I've sent out secret objectives and updated the policies to reflect the newest "opinion polls." Some policies have been striked.

Policies as of this post

In congressional district 1, the election became defunct as one of the candidates, Raccoon, suddenly dropped out of the race. No comment was made.

"I'll be back, SENator," remarked the defeated candidate of congressional district 2. "OlimarandLouie, your reign will be terminated... at the next election," vowed the defeated politician in sunglasses.

Senator Raitaki confidently walked up to the stage to make his victory speech in district 3. Three hundred formally dressed men and women sat impatiently in the audience.
"I'd like to thank the academy," Raitaki said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

In district 4, a Khazakhstanian immigrant triumphed over the French candidate, Napoleon, in a landslide election.
"Eez nice!" shouted Senator Borat during his victory speech.
"Eez nice!" responded the crowd outside the local town hall.

"Community, identity, stability!" declared Senator Fire_Kame, as the cheering crowd flooded the stadium floor in district 5. "Not that I specifically endorse stability or anything." She grinned a wide grin, not unlike the man who lived underneath a nearby bridge.

Cameras flashed as Azrael.Wrath and poison_us, the first senators from districts 6 and 7, respectively, shook hands and smiled before a group of reporters.
"Working together, despite our differences, will bring prosperity to our nation," pledged senator Wrath.

"The people of district 8 have spoken!" TiKels declared. "It is time for a new world... a better world... a Senner world!" Senator TiKels pounded his fist on the podium as the crowd cheered.

Thanks to a series of extensive campaigns, Lanthanide defeated the opposition candidate of district 9, Eugene Debs, with a 58% vote in Lanthanide's favor.
"It also helped that Debs was not alive to actually campaign," remarked Lanthanide's press secretary.

In district 10, Senator Echo defeated expected winner, V. Dweller.
"Dweller was the 'chosen one,'" Beth Arroyo explained. "He had a mandate from the elders, but I guess the youth don't respect the wisest men and women in our village anymore."

After several months of planting trees, payne was surprised to have been elected as a write-in candidate for district 11.
:hurr: was his only comment.

FaRTy1billion claimed victor in district 12 amidst chaos at some of the ballot boxes.
"I don't know what they were rioting about, but I'm glad that I won," Senator Farty1billion gazed out his living room window. His house was built on a mountainside, and he could see the fires twinkling like fallen stars down in the town situated in a nearby valley.
"And that's all I got to say about that."

You have until Monday, Dec 19th at 6 PM CST to elect the first president of Sen!

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 17 2011, 5:11 am by rayNimagi.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 418 >
  Back to forum