Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: EUD will change everything.
EUD will change everything.
Nov 20 2011, 2:36 am
By: swb4u1
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Nov 21 2011, 5:11 am Azrael Post #21

It can do all that, but I doubt anyone will care, it just needs to be able to process EUD actions. A launcher which does not allow for EUD actions is inferior to a launcher that does.

I have yet to see a scrap of logic provided that explains how a launcher which doesn't allow for EUD actions would be better than an identical launcher which does. You might say it's the same difference and not worth the trouble, but I have a folder full of maps which utilize EUD actions that begs to differ.

The bottom line is this. This topic is about how EUD actions will change everything. This "let's talk about how a theoretical launcher that no one plans to make which cannot utilize EUD actions might be somehow better" discussion is totally pointless, nonconstructive, illogical, off-topic, and disrespectful to the thread creator.

On topic, I would fully support a program similar to wLauncher in functionality for English servers. There is certainly some demand to be able to use EUD actions again in a public environment, so having something which makes it possible to do that would be great.

Nov 21 2011, 6:04 am Sacrieur Post #22

Still Napping

One of the problems with EUD actions is that SCM Draft 2 doesn't support them.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 7:20 am Cinolt Post #23

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Also, please post the download link when you're finished.

Quote from name:yoonkwun
Regardless, in the Western hemisphere at least nothing of this sort exists and probably never will (that will gain a user base)

When did I ever mention that I was going to make it? Last time I checked this wasn't an ideal hypothetical world. Maybe some hint of ideality exists in the community from which OP came from, however.

It can do all that, but I doubt anyone will care, it just needs to be able to process EUD actions. A launcher which does not allow for EUD actions is inferior to a launcher that does.

I have yet to see a scrap of logic provided that explains how a launcher which doesn't allow for EUD actions would be better than an identical launcher which does. You might say it's the same difference and not worth the trouble, but I have a folder full of maps which utilize EUD actions that begs to differ.

Next person who reads this post, please kindly reply, without fail, which you think is more easier to make, if you're trying to set a unit's HP to 100.

Player(1)
Always()
SetDeaths(Player 19027, Marine, SetTo, 100)

Player(1)
Always()
SetUnitHP(Index 0,100)

Based on that reply, that gives reason to care.

Also, when did I mention that a launcher couldn't run the extensions I was talking about and the EUD action plugin at the same time?

The bottom line is this. This topic is about how EUD actions will change everything. This "let's talk about how a theoretical launcher that no one plans to make which cannot utilize EUD actions might be somehow better" discussion is totally pointless, nonconstructive, illogical, off-topic, and disrespectful to the thread creator.

What makes EUD actions better? If I say using EUD actions is totally pointless, nonconstructive, illogical does that make me right? By the way OP even hinted towards extensions outside of EUD actions. I guess that's some points for me in terms of on-topicness?

The only thing you've said towards EUD actions is of existing maps, tools, and user/developer base. Otherwise what I've mentioned is superior in any way,shape,or form. If nobody's going to implement it, fine. Chances are nobody's gonna implement anything you say that's new either. Let it serve as what we should aim for in terms of future development, pretending that people still care.

On topic, I would fully support a program similar to wLauncher in functionality for English servers. There is certainly some demand to be able to use EUD actions again in a public environment, so having something which makes it possible to do that would be great.

In English servers, no. Battle.net (and other places) is dead in terms of intelligence.

Bring on more blind persistence please. religiondebate gogo

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2011, 7:48 am by yoonkwun.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 7:41 am Lanthanide Post #24

I have yet to see a scrap of logic provided that explains how a launcher which doesn't allow for EUD actions would be better than an identical launcher which does.
And I can't see anyone in the thread advocating for that. Except you.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 10:11 am swb4u1 Post #25

Reading posts, (although I don't understand perfectly.. :-( )

I found 'Mapmaker's perspective' is the issue.

About this thing, In Korea, We have some nice programs which help finding offsets and values.

Since Blizzard block the EUD, developers simply lost interest on developing programs which is related to EUD.

If Blizzard didn't block the EUD, I think there are many programs that helps making EUD now.

By this time, The world became.

This program (Named Aqua Mapper) shows
- Units.dat
- UnitStruct
- Keyboard
- Mouse
(Made by ZeroOne , Intothemap)

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2011, 2:01 pm by swb4u1.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 1:30 pm Azrael Post #26

What makes EUD actions better? If I say using EUD actions is totally pointless, nonconstructive, illogical does that make me right?

In English servers, no.

In English servers, yes.

Nov 21 2011, 1:44 pm swb4u1 Post #27

Also, I'll upload a map importing EUD.
Play with EUD Enabler or sort of that.
Since you can't understand Korean, maps I can upload are litmitary.
So this map is understandable without lots of explanation.

The map name is 'EUD Portal' (This map is uploaded at 11-10-15)
Made by Hyeol-Rang-Ui-Chu-Eok, belongs to Intothemap

You can create portal by lock down (You can use lock-down anywhere, although there are no units. But portal can be only created at gray-terrain.)
You can change your portal type by creating a scarab.
You can recover a cube by siege mode.
You can turn on the button by a player or a cube.
You can remove Turret(Vulture) by shooting portal or shooting a cube.

-Screen Shots-

Attachments:
[EUD] Portal 1.0v.scx
Hits: 3 Size: 391.81kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2011, 2:29 pm by swb4u1.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 2:16 pm swb4u1 Post #28

Quote from Sacrieur

As far as I know, SCMD 0.8.1 supports EUD triggers. (But other functions are unstable. So I recommend replacing trigger plugin file from 0.8.1 to 0.8.0)

Or you can use Starforge when you want to import or edit EUD triggers. It's not so cumbersome than you think.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 5:38 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #29

Hello swb4u1
WLauncher is entirely in korean so the majority of the people here can't understand/read it. I know WLauncher is very popular mostly because of WDetector, the antihack that comes with it. There is a plugin developed for Chaoslauncher to enable EUD Actions again. The problem is that EUD triggers aren't widely known. That narrows down to a percentage of the US players. The people that will be willing to do some extra work to have useful functions that EUD Triggers provide just narrows it down a bit more. I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of people over here developing maps utilizing EUD Triggers at all because:
1) EUD Triggers are a bit difficult to understand for beginners
2) Some idiot without EUD Actions enabled will join then drop

None.

Nov 21 2011, 6:31 pm Roy Post #30

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from swb4u1
Quote from Sacrieur

As far as I know, SCMD 0.8.1 supports EUD triggers. (But other functions are unstable. So I recommend replacing trigger plugin file from 0.8.1 to 0.8.0)
SCMDraft 2's latest version supports EUD/EPD Conditions, and the Classic TrigEdit also supports EUD Actions. The text trigger editor does not support EUD Actions, and EPD Actions are completely unsupported.

I would also agree with yoonkwun in that many players do not even know about the existence of EUDs, and therefore would likely not know to enable actions. If SC wasn't a dying game and EUD Actions caught on quickly among the new maps being released, there'd be a chance to spread it to a point where it would become universal, but right now it's about as useful as having everyone get a mod for the map. Hell, a universal mod being more extensive and flexible than EUD Actions would be a better thing to try and become standardized among players anyway.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2011, 6:40 pm by Roy.

Nov 21 2011, 7:30 pm Warlord_Master Post #31

I live in canada and I have Mini Launcher, Wdetector, Chaos, Advloader, PenguinPlug and Iccup Launcher
Give me a launcher that enables EuD actions, Lan Latency, Apm Reader, Timer, Obs Mode and i make my friends switch.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 7:40 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #32

http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/dl.php?f=EUDEnableP_07-11-11.7z
Chaoslauncher has all of those included already except eud action enabler(the link above)

None.

Nov 21 2011, 7:41 pm Cinolt Post #33

What makes EUD actions better? If I say using EUD actions is totally pointless, nonconstructive, illogical does that make me right?

In English servers, no.

In English servers, yes.

You're not even making an argument anymore. Last word battle ftw!

I'm right, you're wrong! How do you respond to THAT?

None.

Nov 22 2011, 12:11 am Heinermann Post #34

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Enough bickering, children.

Give me an address and I'll tell you what it is.
70% chance I have it.

Nov 22 2011, 3:44 pm zzt Post #35

Quote from Warlord_Master
I live in canada and I have Mini Launcher, Wdetector, Chaos, Advloader, PenguinPlug and Iccup Launcher
Give me a launcher that enables EuD actions, Lan Latency, Apm Reader, Timer, Obs Mode and i make my friends switch.

The latest version of Wdetector has EUD actions. To enable EUD actions, just include the word "EUD" in the name of the room.
(Only works in B-Net)

None.

Nov 22 2011, 7:12 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #36

Wdetector is a little well known around bnet at least. If we can get an english version of wdetector with eud actions enabled, then we can actually turn mapmaking around

None.

Nov 23 2011, 12:53 am swb4u1 Post #37

Quote from name:xboi209
Wdetector is a little well known around bnet at least. If we can get an english version of wdetector with eud actions enabled, then we can actually turn mapmaking around

I'll ask for developer of wLauncher to make English version :}

None.

Nov 23 2011, 7:21 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #38

Unlikely, the developer of WDetector doesn't want foreign people to use it. That's why we have to type something out like "I am korean" to enable it.

Also, can you tell me what wJoiner is?

None.

Nov 23 2011, 2:46 pm swb4u1 Post #39

Quote from name:xboi209
Unlikely, the developer of WDetector doesn't want foreign people to use it. That's why we have to type something out like "I am korean" to enable it.

Also, can you tell me what wJoiner is?

WJoiner is almost unless.. :wtfage:

None.

Nov 23 2011, 4:32 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #40

Well what exactly does it do?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum