Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
Sep 28 2011, 9:42 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2437 >

Oct 11 2011, 12:17 am Tempz Post #421

I wonder why people ignore my clue interpretations then 5 - 10 pages later they use it and say it was them who said it.

Ie : 8 clue interpretation...

Edit : check page 21 for my full clue interpretation.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/14391/21/#311272
If the link is glitched...
Collapse Box

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 12:28 am by Tempz.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 12:23 am Aristocrat Post #422

Quote from Tempz
Edit : check page 21 for my full clue interpretation.

How many posts do you show per page? Just link to the post directly :s

None.

Oct 11 2011, 12:35 am Tempz Post #423

20... and it was like 5 - 6 posts ago.

Edit : I bet people are now looking over the clue interpretation and trying to disprove it.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 12:42 am Dem0n Post #424

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'm voting for Roy. He hasn't given any proof of his role, whereas Angel has.

Oct 11 2011, 12:46 am Tempz Post #425

I've had my doubts about Roy but to my knowledge all other hub players are dead except for him so we have to trust him i suppose.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 12:52 am OlimarandLouie Post #426

I shall abstain... I have a few ideas about who may be mafia... not sure yet.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 1:36 am TiKels Post #427

Quote from Roy
I lived!
I'll give you a little insider tip, since the mafia will know this by the time they read the post: I'm the Scientist in this story. I dare anyone to counter-claim.
Still trying to figure out why roy said this.

Also this is where it came from.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 11 2011, 1:59 am Roy Post #428

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

My classes are over (11-hour school days :(), so I can finally give the needed attention to this thread. I apologize for not doing a clue analysis, as I've only skimmed the night post. The key part to take away from it is that the Traitor has officially awakened.

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Wing Zero
what did you think would happen if someone claimed a power role and no one counter claimed it?
That person would become a target and likely die before he could make good use of his powers. What else?
So you sat back and left a Mafia collect town roles and manipulate their behavior? That is one of the most idiotic strategies I've heard, and I know you as a person to be quite smart. Assuming the roles were switched, you bet your ass I would counter-claim you on Day 1, if not to bring at least 1 Mafia in the light, to prevent them from having ultimate control of the game.

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Vrael
I'd like to point out that its entirely possible we have 2 scientists. Angel, if you haven't investigated Norm or Lingie, why are you so convinced that Roy is a cylon?
I have assumed up until this point that there is only one Scientist.

Also, Roy's lack of posting quotes from his investigation results (or his role PM), while not necessary, is at least suspicious. His habit of starting bandwagons is also, in my opinion, suspicious.
A few things here:

1. I was actually quite the opposite, assuming there were two Scientists after mild discussion with Vrael in the thread, but now I'm fairly confident it's only me.
2. I have not publicly posted this information because it was never asked of me. A select few people requesting my role PM have received it, and I've also given my investigation results to those who have asked.
3. Yes, starting a bandwagon is considered suspicious activity. I led the lynch against the Mole, whereas the Day 1 bandwagon, not led by me, lynched the Doctor. You decide if this incriminates me.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I'm voting for Roy. He hasn't given any proof of his role, whereas Angel has.
Funny you should mention that; let's quickly debrief the history of our claims:

1. Angel stays quiet for the majority of the game. He announces Excalibur to be the Security Officer after everyone pretty much figured it out from his "I know poison didn't get to use his night action last night" comment.
2. After Angel discusses this knowledge with Excalibur, Excalibur is immediately targeted that night. I thankfully put the Doctor on him and he survived.
3. While this is going on, Excalibur and Angel have been sending messages between each other, Angel claiming that the Scientist really does reveal roles. Apparently he cleaned up his story for the public post today, which was smart on his part.
4. I discover Norm is Cylon-aligned. AngelSpirit always abstains first, but this time he hops on the bandwagon without question because he knows Norm is Mafia and showing hesitation can be interpreted as suspicious (ironically, the opposite is true here).
5. Norm is lynched, and the Mortician discovers that he is the Mole, confirming my investigation and analysis on Angel's voting behavior.

If you care to listen to me at all, here's one of the quotes Excalibur handed indirectly to me through Jack, who you should all consider a trusted source by now:
Quote from Excalibur
I don't think so, I never got to send an action because I work 10pm-6am and I never finalized who I was going to jail. AngelSpirit messaged me. He said hes a Sci and he investigated me last night and thus knows I am Security Officer. Copy of message: Quote Yeah, I investigated you last night. As you might have guessed by now, I am the Scientist. I'd like to propose we set up an alliance of sorts, so as to help each other co-ordinate our efforts. Reply if you're interested. I sent him this: Quote Sure. Any idea on who is what at the moment? Cause I haven't a clue. I'm awaiting his response. If Roy is Sci, as I believe he claimed to be, and Angel is Sci, could Vrael be too? I doubt there are three Sci.
Quote from Jack
Ex says don't jump to conclusions, angel could also have deduced ex was mafia and then investigated to clarfy ex's role.
Quote from Excalibur
This is what Angel sent: "Uh, the Scientist ability does reveal roles. It's not stated in the description of the Scientist, but it does reveal. Hence why I knew your exact role. Quote Unrest has plagued the fleet since the news of Sharon Valerii's true identity, but unfortunately you can only process one sample at a time. It will take a year or more to test everyone. How long until that seems futile? You have to keep going as quickly as possible. The fate of humanity could rest on your shoulders. You are the SCIENTIST. "
Quote from Jack
In addition from angel: " [ Add to Address Book ] So, now that it's established that we're both Crew-aligned, On Night 0, I investigated Azrael.Wrath. This is what I got: Quote While examining the results on Azrael.Wrath, you run into some sort of error that causes you to start over. You run the test one more time, and it goes through the process perfectly. You are 99% sure Azrael.Wrath is a Crewmember. I highly suspect that "some sort of error" means that the Cylon Mole cleared Azrael.Wrath on this night. That, plus the fact that the investigation returned him as a regular Crewmember as opposed to a power role, suggests that Azrael.Wrath is a Cylon. Speaking of power roles, that brings me to the next possible Cylon, Roy. I've shown you that I am the real Scientist; this would mean that Roy's Scientist claim is fake, and that he is a Cylon attempting to masquerade as a Scientist to gain the support of the town. However, it could be that there are two Scientists in this game, and if that's the case, it could be disastrous if we tried to stop Roy when he really is the Scientist. Even so though, if Roy and Azrael.Wrath are both Cylons, it would explain the fact that Roy has been the starter of the past 2 bandwagons, with Azrael.Wrath openly supporting him. All of this is just guesswork, though. I'm still not sure if I'm just making a colossal mistake that's going to screw the whole Crew over. In the meantime, I've contacted Norm. I'll see if he has anything to add to the situation. "
Quote from Excalibur
Two from Angel: "Dem0n's revealed to me that he's a normal crewmember, but until I get some verification I won't disclose anyone else's identity to him just yet. I'll check out Rai tonight. " "Also, I think I *might* get targeted tonight, but I agree that it's more likely to be you they're hitting instead of me. What would really tip the scales in our favor would be if we could get the Vigilante on our side. Then we could really do something. "

These were off of logs from Messenger between me and Jack (quote tags added as supplement). Obviously neither Jack or Excalibur are alive to confirm these as legitimate, so take them with a grain of salt. However, I will openly say that I lack the motivation and time to forge these conversations right now.

To the town: I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on Demonslayer voting me, as it sounds like he entered an alliance with AngelSpirit but it could have easily been as a gullible townie. The alliance Angel apparently had with Norm is a good indicator that he is mafia. The way Angel has approached this situation in no way benefits the town. Perhaps he knew that Lingie is already thrown under the bus and wants to shift the attention between him and myself. This makes me think Angel could be the Seductress, and the mafia are just trying to keep their Hitmen alive as long as possible. Finally, this last night went awful for the town, and protection is now quite limited. It is very likely that I will die tonight if this plot to lynch me fails. (As I discussed with Jack, it would be in the Mafia's best interest to get me lynched rather than killed, because killing me at night solidifies my alignment whereas keeping me alive can still allow the opportunity to sway the town against me. I thought their attempt would be better than Angel's fake claim, but you can't ask for everything.)

Tell me, Angel, what did Norm claim to you, or for what other reason were you working with him? Or, alternatively, you can deny the intelligence I've provided above.

To the mafia: I know you've found the Traitor by now, because we've basically declared two of your names out in the open. I will be watching for the current Crew claims for changes in behavior, and you better damn hope he's a good actor. I'm assuming there's only two of you left in hiding other than that: two Hitmen. We will eliminate one of yours today, and no matter what you try to do to me tonight, we will eliminate another tomorrow. If you kill me, you align the remaining town to my side. If you let me live, you allow me to find those who remain. Make it interesting for me.

Edit:
Quote from TiKels
Quote from Roy
I lived!
I'll give you a little insider tip, since the mafia will know this by the time they read the post: I'm the Scientist in this story. I dare anyone to counter-claim.
Still trying to figure out why roy said this.

Also this is where it came from.
I had read that the post told everyone the Scientist had been seduced. I am the Scientist, and I was seduced that night. Therefore, I figured that the mafia knew my role, so I should tell everyone else. A counter-claim would have just revealed one out of two people to be mafia.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 2:25 am by Roy.

Oct 11 2011, 2:11 am TiKels Post #429

A_manCwoke_upCabruptly_inCtheMmiddle_ofXtheDnight.CHeChadLbeenXhearingXwhatXsoundedIlike music coming from the walls of the ship. It seemed like a manageable issue for the past couple nights, but tonight it was as if the sound was so loud that he could barely think for himself.
"What the frak is happening to me?"
The music stopped as if on cue, and it all became so clear.
TRANSPARENT CHARACTERS IN THIS ONE
_C_C_CM_XDCCLXXXI

Editing in more info as I find it, I don't know if traitor was revealed yet now, it could have been something else!

It looks like roman numerals?

_100_100_900_791 (wtf 791? illogical dumb converters)

Gogogo google time!

Edit: Googling over. Found a site describing roman numerals and how underscores work with them. Apparently the number is this: 309781

Gogogogo more google time!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 2:19 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 11 2011, 2:18 am Raitaki Post #430

Quote from TiKels
A_manCwoke_upCabruptly_inCtheMmiddle_ofXtheDnight.CHeChadLbeenXhearingXwhatXsoundedIlike music coming from the walls of the ship. It seemed like a manageable issue for the past couple nights, but tonight it was as if the sound was so loud that he could barely think for himself.
"What the frak is happening to me?"
The music stopped as if on cue, and it all became so clear.
TRANSPARENT CHARACTERS IN THIS ONE
_C_C_CM_XDCCLXXXI

Editing in more info as I find it, I don't know if traitor was revealed yet now, it could have been something else!
Might be Roman numerals...interesting....
If so, then the code would translate to _100_100_900_771 (actually the correct numerals for 771 would be DCCLXXI, XDCCLXXXI is more like -10+500+100+100+10+10+10+1)
Does that ring any bells bros?

EDIT: @Tikels: Maybe your converter misconverted it because usually when a numeral is preceded by a numeral for an amount smaller than it, you're supposed to subtract the numeral in front from the total :| And Roman numerals are only written that way if it's impossible to write a number w/o repeating any numeral 4 times in a row :|

EDIT2: Taking Roy's advice into consideration:
1100110019001771 OR 1100, 1100, 1900, 1771 OR 1100+1100+1900+1711 = 5811

None.

Oct 11 2011, 2:20 am Roy Post #431

"Roman Numerals with underscores in front have their values increased by 1,000."

Oct 11 2011, 2:22 am TiKels Post #432

The number is just long enough for a post ID.

It links to this:
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
In.
Lynch dem0ns1ayer!

Can I get some applause for being a bouse?

-NudeRaider

Oct 11 2011, 2:28 am Roy Post #433

Demon claimed townie (I think? Not sure), which likely means he has to be the Traitor. Great deduction, TiKels!

But the Hitmen should probably be lynched first.

Oct 11 2011, 2:29 am Vrael Post #434

Quote from Roy
Demon claimed townie (I think? Not sure), which likely means he has to be the traitor. Great deduction, TiKels!

I agree, but do we know who they are?

None.

Oct 11 2011, 2:30 am Tempz Post #435

@Tikels :clap:

Next game should have roles revealed on death :(... Other than that great job Devlin
Did anyone read my clue interpretation >:0

None.

Oct 11 2011, 2:31 am xAngelSpiritx Post #436

eternal lurker

Quote from Roy
Angel claiming that the Scientist really does reveal roles.
In my defense, that PM was sent before I asked DevliN for clarification on the Scientist role. Or more accurately, it was sent while I was awaiting DevliN's reply.

Quote from Roy
So you sat back and left a Mafia collect town roles and manipulate their behavior? That is one of the most idiotic strategies I've heard, and I know you as a person to be quite smart. Assuming the roles were switched, you bet your ass I would counter-claim you on Day 1, if not to bring at least 1 Mafia in the light, to prevent them from having ultimate control of the game.
Correct, but if the roles were indeed switched, you would win regardless, because in all honesty people have more trust in you than they do me, since you have a track record of being an excellent mafia player. Especially in the beginning of the game, where DevliN explicitly stated that no clues were in the first night post and as such no conjectures could be made. Attempting to counter-claim would be, from my standpoint, pointless, as I would inevitably lose since you had not only more trust as an individual, but also more trust since you claimed first.

I stand by my point that if I had attempted to counter-claim, nothing useful would have been accomplished.

Quote from Roy
2. I have not publicly posted this information because it was never asked of me. A select few people requesting my role PM have received it, and I've also given my investigation results to those who have asked.
3. Yes, starting a bandwagon is considered suspicious activity. I led the lynch against the Mole, whereas the Day 1 bandwagon, not led by me, lynched the Doctor. You decide if this incriminates me.
2) Care to post it now? You still haven't.
3) You did not start the bandwagon, but you supported it. If you somehow know he's the Doctor, why vote for him? Unless of course, you were Cylon, and figured that just going with the bandwagon would be least likely to draw undue suspicion to you.

I will confirm that all those PMs quoted by Roy are authentic and that I did indeed send them to the specified individuals. I contacted Norm shortly before he was to be lynched, to see if he had any information that could be added to the info pile, as I doubted(and still doubt) his identity as the Mole. Seeing as how he was going to be lynched anyway, I figured I would try and get some information out of him.

What is implied in those quoted PMs, but not explicitly stated, is that I told Ex that he should have the Doctor protect him, instead of me. Obviously if I was Cylon-aligned I wouldn't do this, as it would be unnecessarily wasting hits.

I have to go for tonight, so I can't go through the rest of your post right now; I'll get back to it first thing next morning.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 2:32 am Roy Post #437

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Roy
Demon claimed townie (I think? Not sure), which likely means he has to be the traitor. Great deduction, TiKels!

I agree, but do we know who they are?
Yes, Lingie is one, hence the lynch I started. You can gauge my confidence and honesty on the consistencies between my story and Angel's.

Edit:
Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Roy
Correct, but if the roles were indeed switched, you would win regardless, because in all honesty people have more trust in you than they do me, since you have a track record of being an excellent mafia player. Especially in the beginning of the game, where DevliN explicitly stated that no clues were in the first night post and as such no conjectures could be made. Attempting to counter-claim would be, from my standpoint, pointless, as I would inevitably lose since you had not only more trust as an individual, but also more trust since you claimed first.
... And then Mortician finds out the truth, and a Mafia is killed the next day. Still much better than letting the Mafia control the game.

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Roy
2) Care to post it now? You still haven't.
3) You did not start the bandwagon, but you supported it. If you somehow know he's the Doctor, why vote for him? Unless of course, you were Cylon, and figured that just going with the bandwagon would be least likely to draw undue suspicion to you.

I will confirm that all those PMs quoted by Roy are authentic and that I did indeed send them to the specified individuals. I contacted Norm shortly before he was to be lynched, to see if he had any information that could be added to the info pile, as I doubted(and still doubt) his identity as the Mole. Seeing as how he was going to be lynched anyway, I figured I would try and get some information out of him.

What is implied in those quoted PMs, but not explicitly stated, is that I told Ex that he should have the Doctor protect him, instead of me. Obviously if I was Cylon-aligned I wouldn't do this, as it would be unnecessarily wasting hits.
You're doubting the integrity of the Mortician, who would definitely go to someone else, anyone else, if I was lying about his claims. If I was lying, it would confirm I was mafia, so he could basically pick anyone or declare it himself because I know his role.

Supported the poison bandwagon? I didn't vote for him at all. I was pushing for Raitaki because I wasn't sure on him, but when he was basically confirmed I switched to Lingie. Get your facts straight.

What you say about Norm could be true, but I thought you were talking to him before the lynch against him started. If you want to openly dispute this, I can check the timestamps to see if I know from my end that this is the case.

Oh, and here's the PM, although it's a bit late to the party, wouldn't you say? I doubt it means anything by this point, but:
Gaius Baltar has been incessantly pacing back and forth since the news of the assassination attempt. You know for a fact he had tested Sharon Valerii's blood before and cleared her. He claims the device works, though, and right now you have no choice but to trust that. The pressure of processing the fleet's samples hasn't quite hit you yet, but unfortunately you realize it will soon.

You are the SCIENTIST.
Someone with knowledge of BSG could probably verify the authenticity/accuracy of this better than I could. Baltar's the main scientist guy and Valerii was the chick who shot Adama; it's actually not that hard to follow.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 2:44 am by Roy.

Oct 11 2011, 2:54 am TiKels Post #438

Quote from DevliN
A Cylon is a Cylon. They're all fraking toasters as far as you're concerned. Almost losing the Commander means a lot to you, but you never knew nor cared about the pilot who shot him. You feel safer knowing someone out there is brave enough to take matters into his own hands. You just wish you could do more to help.

You are a CREWMEMBER.
My role PM. Notice how it's different?

-NudeRaider

Oct 11 2011, 3:13 am Vrael Post #439

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=Doressoundiram&language=english&t=1000&d=5&include=&exclude=&n=&m=&source=adv&a=y&l=n&q=y&k=2

"Doressoundiram" from Night 2 post. Looking through the list now.

Edit:
"Norm is a sure odd"
Best I can come up with.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 3:25 am by Vrael.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 3:14 am Wing Zero Post #440

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from TiKels
Quote from DevliN
A Cylon is a Cylon. They're all fraking toasters as far as you're concerned. Almost losing the Commander means a lot to you, but you never knew nor cared about the pilot who shot him. You feel safer knowing someone out there is brave enough to take matters into his own hands. You just wish you could do more to help.

You are a CREWMEMBER.
My role PM. Notice how it's different?

Not really, role pms are unique AFAIK.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2437 >
  Back to forum