3 years 3

14%
4 years 0

0%
None.
more 3

14%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 22 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 5 2011, 12:14 am Lanthanide Post #41

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from Jack
[the]Bible's mostly pretty easy to understand.
lolwat?
He's right, literary works are quite easy to understand when you purposefully filter out anything that goes against your pre-conceived interpretation of the work.

None.

Sep 5 2011, 1:08 am MillenniumArmy Post #42

Jack, instead of getting into a scriptural debate, I'll just say this.

The "best" way to know someone does NOT mean it is the way you should do it (regardless of religious affiliation). I'm just hypothetically speaking, because IMO, you will not truly know someone until you start living with them. So yes, at least for many Christians (and people in general), they won't truly "know" until after marriage and moving in together (which unfortunately is why many divorces occur). I brought up the roommate example because frankly, that's the plain truth. If you choose to live with one of your best friends, many people end up hating each other or not being able to stand one another. I'm speaking based on experience; this is why some people say not to live with your best friend.

---

Anyways, on a somewhat related note there was a statistic somewhere that the reason many boyfriends and girlfriends live together isn't because they want to test out how their relationship works under one roof. Instead it was to save money (rent, utilities, etc) especially if they're just beginning their careers/lives.

None.

Sep 5 2011, 1:43 am Voyager7456 Post #43

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Sacrieur
Haha, they're going to have sex.

If they do, that is the point when they've done something which could possibly be considered immoral, and not a moment before.

There's nothing immoral about sex.

Hey look, I can make blanket statements as if my morality were an absolute truth too!

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Sep 5 2011, 1:48 am Azrael Post #44

Quote from Voyager7456
There's nothing immoral about sex.

I never said there was.

Sep 5 2011, 1:49 am poison_us Post #45

Back* from the grave

Quote from Jack
@tikels, yeah, ok, but not many people do.
So you're saying that me having a roommate in college and not plowing his ass every night last year was...abnormal?

Sep 5 2011, 2:56 am Jack Post #46

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from poison_us
Quote from Jack
@tikels, yeah, ok, but not many people do.
So you're saying that me having a roommate in college and not plowing his ass every night last year was...abnormal?
I thought it was apparent we were talking about romantically involved couples living together before getting married to see if the other person was right for them.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 5 2011, 3:39 am Rantent Post #47

I remember reading a study that indicated that roughly 3 years must go by before people start to really annoy each other. (hormonal oxytocin decreases)

So anything more than 3 years.

None.

Sep 5 2011, 4:33 am rayNimagi Post #48

I don't see a problem with a man and a woman living together without being married. Otherwise it would be like saying "If you're in college and your roommate is another guy, people will think you're gay, cuz only two gay men sleep in the same room :hurr:"

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Sep 23 2011, 11:13 pm Azrael Post #49

Quote from Rantent
I remember reading a study that indicated that roughly 3 years must go by before people start to really annoy each other. (hormonal oxytocin decreases)

So anything more than 3 years.

Unless of course they start to annoy you before then, in which case waiting that long isn't necessary :P

In reality, I think 3 years is probably a good time to consider proposing and whatnot anyways, so it's likely the best general answer.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum