Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Payne's Journey
Payne's Journey
Jun 5 2011, 8:35 am
By: LoveLess
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Sep 24 2011, 8:59 pm Azrael Post #61

Quote from Riney
Payne wants to find you guys :awesome:

Where in Canada? Canada's a big place. I live in Southern Ontario.

Sep 24 2011, 9:05 pm lil-Inferno Post #62

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Riney

Stalker mode initiated.

Sep 24 2011, 9:30 pm LoveLess Post #63

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Riney

Payne is in western Canada (Ontario I think). I'm not good at the location stuff, but he is from Quebec.

None.

Sep 25 2011, 4:44 am samsizzle Post #64

Is Payne a psychopath? seriously... I might have him over Friday. He's near the Vancouver area if anyone else wants to chill with him.

Also, Lovel, Ontario is in Eastern Canada. herp derp.

None.

Sep 25 2011, 6:00 am Azrael Post #65

Quote from lil-Inferno
Stalker mode initiated.

COME AT ME BRO

Oct 19 2011, 2:13 am Dem0n Post #66

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from payne
Hi,

On October 12th at approximately 14:15, I, Jérémi Grenier-Berthiaume, have had an interview with you. Everything seemed to be going well until the moment the Grooming Policy was mentioned to me. I was told I might have to arrange my long hair as a pony-tail. This looked perfectly fine. However, my interviewer decided it might be a good idea to take a minute to gather more information about the policy as she was unsure about the exactitude of her words.

Later on, she came back to me saying that as a male, I am obligated to shorten my hair if I want to be hired. At that point, I started asking myself if this was fair. I thus asked to talk to a higher authority in order to enlighten me on the case.

I talked to the person assigned as a "Human Resource" and she ended up telling me that I could not be hired if I refused to cut my hair. I then thought the case was closed, and I left. However, after a few minutes spent outside thinking about this all, I decided I would return back inside to discuss about this all with yet a higher figure of authority. I then ended up talking to the "Human Resource Manager".

Once again, I am told that I cannot be employed by Sunshine Village if I do not comply to their grooming policy. I then asked why such a policy is in place: I was told that Sunshine Village's clients find male with short hair more approachable, and since Sunshine Village wants to provide a good experience to its customers, it enforced such a rule in their grooming policy.

I believe such a reasoning cannot lead into enforcing such a policy. What if the customers found that black persons were less approachable? Could such a reasoning lawfully lead into enforcing a policy restricting the employment of black persons? I do not believe so.

Thus;

WHEREAS it is my understanding that such a policy is a discrimination based on the gender since female are allowed to wear long-hair as a pony-tail, while male do not have this freedom, I would like Sunshine Village to reconsider their grooming policy and inform me of their decision as soon as possible.

Moreover;

CONSIDERING that I am still interested to work as a server or a lift operator for Sunshine Village, but that I was discriminated and "disqualified" based on what seems to be an unlawful policy, I would like Sunshine Village to reconsider hiring me for this winter season based on a fair evaluation of my person (that is, allowing me (and any futur male with long-hair) to wear long-hair as a pony-tail).

Any failure into satisfying those two conditions within 14 days will result into a complaint for Human Rights violation being filed against Sunshine Village.

While reconsidering your grooming policy, please consider the sections 7 and 8 of the Alberta Human Rights Act (http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/A25P5.pdf).

Also, please note that the Human Rights Commission (Calgary division) confirmed me this is a case of discrimination. I was told getting in contact with Sunshine Village in order to solve the conflict prior to filing a complaint was a very good idea. You hereby witness my determination into solving the conflict.

Sincerely,

Jérémi Grenier-Berthiaume
payne's life is complicated now ;_;

Oct 19 2011, 2:18 am DevliN Post #67

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Looks like he's just trying to get a job.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 19 2011, 2:22 am TiKels Post #68

You bitch I was just about to post this!!! Payne told me to create a topic about it, and god damnit, I'm gonna.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 19 2011, 2:30 am Sacrieur Post #69

Still Napping

dom gamnit he's gonna!

And payne is still alive? Heh.

None.

Oct 19 2011, 2:34 am Dem0n Post #70

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

After rereading this a couple times, I realized that payne's grammar/spelling has not gotten any better at all. :massimo:

Oct 19 2011, 2:37 am Aristocrat Post #71

What? His grammar is fine.

None.

Oct 19 2011, 2:48 am DevliN Post #72

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Not really, he still has some issues there.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 19 2011, 4:27 am Lanthanide Post #73

His letter is not going to get anywhere. In New Zealand his complaint wouldn't fly, because companies are allowed to set their own uniform standards, as long as they're reasonable. Their justification for having short hair on men may not be reasonable, but they can simply change their justification to be something like "it is tidy and promotes a tidy image to our customers" and he'd have no recourse.

Secondly, even if they were being naughty and discriminating against him, there's absolutely no way they'd hire him now. Companies (in general) prefer not to hire people that make them look bad and certainly prefer not to hire people who are aware of their employment rights under the law. Even if he cuts his hair, after sending them that complaint letter, he's unlikely to be hired.

None.

Oct 19 2011, 4:31 am The Starport Post #74

Just shovel it tightly under a wig or something.

None.

Oct 19 2011, 4:50 am Lanthanide Post #75

Also I'll point out that they're not discriminating against Males, which is a protected class, they're discriminating against Males With Long Hair, which is not a protected class.

He's going to get precisely nowhere with this.

None.

Oct 19 2011, 5:10 am Oh_Man Post #76

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Can't believe people have such a fuss over hair. Then again, I've gotten 4-all-overs my entire life.

Oct 25 2011, 10:01 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #77

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Oh_Man
Can't believe people have such a fuss over hair. Then again, I've gotten 4-all-overs my entire life.
People like to make a fuss over their entire appearance. That's a thing.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum