Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: TKG Game Modes
TKG Game Modes
Oct 10 2010, 11:03 pm
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 18 2010, 3:46 am The Starport Post #21

Quote from Roy
The Gentlemen's Game sounds hilarious, but it's a lot of work for the killer, depending on how restrictive your "intentional" killing is. If I throw broken glass as hard as I can in a circle around me, and I happen to be in a room full of people, that's not with the intention of killing anyone in particular; I may just have a broken glass throwing fetish.
Not necessarily. Even in TKG Brawl, the rate of killings were only barely more than 1 per turn, overall. Normal TKG wouldn't be nearly that high.

I keep thinking, however, that there needs to be a rule to the effect of: If you can't confirm the corpse of your mark in 2-5 turns after announcing your intent, you will be publicly revealed as the person who announced it. In other words, broadcasts normally just say "<so and so> is being targeted for death by someone.", until that 2-5 deadline has gone by. Optionally, the person with intent to kill could withdraw their request (maybe only before half its time has elapsed), but will be unable to make a subsequent kill attempt for 2-5 turns themselves.

I would personally like SMS TKG, because I'm not the text-walling type.
LAZY! :massimo:

I kinda agree, though. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 18 2010, 3:51 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 18 2010, 12:46 pm TiKels Post #22

I agree, SMS would be good.

The zombie player doesn't have to LOOK like a zombie, it could be like a parasite kind of thing, where you are only internally changed, except you are the only zombie that is not all disheveled because you have been infected for a few moments when the game starts.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 18 2010, 2:27 pm Azrael Post #23

If it was a parasite then it'd basically be The Thing. If it's zombies then it has to be a virus :P

Oct 18 2010, 4:41 pm TiKels Post #24

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
If it was a parasite then it'd basically be The Thing. If it's zombies then it has to be a virus :P
Didn't think about that, but regardless the idea I was presenting was the premise of zombie survival, less so the "Killer"/"Thing" aspect. Stop nitpicking.

Who says zombies have to be a virus?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 18 2010, 4:50 pm Azrael Post #25

Zombies gotta be a virus! :hurr:

Oct 19 2010, 5:08 am Wing Zero Post #26

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Necromancer >:3

Oct 19 2010, 8:50 pm The Starport Post #27

The VIP - TKG, except one player is a designated VIP, and must be protected from the killer, or else the killer wins. For added lulz, they may be wheelchair-bound to prevent sprinting, climbing, ascending stairs, accessing difficult areas, or otherwise being useful. They might also be required to perform some unique function in the game that makes them periodically vulnerable/mobile, such as something that keeps themselves and/or the other players alive somehow. :awesome:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 19 2010, 9:02 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 4:31 pm The Starport Post #28

Time Travelers - TKG, except each player has the ability to travel back (and even forward again) in time. Traveling back in time will allow a player to submit turns for an alternate timeline of themselves back at that time; everyone else's turns will simply be re-compiled going forward according to their previously submitted turns. Dying only matters if it happens in your "current" time or sometime in your past. A future version of you getting killed will only be apparent to the people still in that future time.

Possible rules for time travel might include:
  1. Limits to number of turns that can be traveled.
  2. Limits to number of uses of time traveling. One use per game, maybe?
  3. Whether traveling only goes backwards or not.
  4. Whether time traveling takes time or opportunity (read: makes you vulnerable) to invoke. That is, preventing players from simply zapping themselves back a turn just before a lethal metal cart hits them, or something.
  5. Whether everyone travels with you or not. Would be easier on the host, surely.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Oct 23 2010, 4:45 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 5:42 pm poison_us Post #29

Back* from the grave

Full Metal Alchemist version (FMA TKG)

Basically, set in feudal times, Full Metal Alchemist features an imaginary world where people can transmute materials to do their bidding. Of course, this means that you're limited considerably by the technology of the time (no making nuclear weapons, although primitive firearms would be considered). Energy is consumed by each transmutation, and random.org gives you your ability with transmutation, and any special proficiencies. Alchemy proceeds like so:
  1. Analyze/understand the structure of matter (not needed here, as long as there are sufficient materials, which there will always be before/after turns
  2. Break down the matter
  3. Reconstructing the matter
    Just remember, the supernatural science of Alchemy must follow natural laws, primarily that of the conservation of matter. If you've seen the anime, you'd know that living beings cannot be brought back to life, so don't try it.

Of course, larger and more complex transmutations will take both longer to perform, and more energy after it's done. Basically you'll move somewhat slower afterwards, your actions may become faulty, or sommat that could be described later. Rules would basically be something like this:

• Transmutations are done by making a circle, either drawn or by "clapping" hands, and the materials must be either touching the person's hands shortly after clapping, or within a reasonable distance of the drawn circle. This is basically trivial, because drawing the circle nearby the materials is pointless, because you could always just use the earth below it, and the clapping method generally assumes the same.
  • People like Scar would in fact circumvent the complete transmutation, and stops at the second step, due to the incomplete transmutation circle on his right arm.
  • Scar, and others limited in their abilities will be summarily given bonuses that others will not have, such as Scar's extraordinary speed, rapidity of destruction via his arm, and martial arts abilities. The complete list of playable characters should be given in the OP, as well as most benefits.
  • The killer would most likely be scar, and most other players would be "State Alchemists", who he has a vendetta against. Homunculi may be incorporated for more lulz, but their weaknesses are easily exploitable.

Oh, and if you plan on doing this, don't. My idea, I'm giving it the first test run.

Oct 23 2010, 6:20 pm The Starport Post #30

- Transmutes a gas mask for self
- Transmutes surrounding matter into an odorless poison gas
- ????
- Profit!

None.

Oct 23 2010, 7:09 pm Roy Post #31

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Time Travelers - TKG, except each player has the ability to travel back (and even forward again) in time. Traveling back in time will allow a player to submit turns for an alternate timeline of themselves back at that time; everyone else's turns will simply be re-compiled going forward according to their previously submitted turns. Dying only matters if it happens in your "current" time or sometime in your past. A future version of you getting killed will only be apparent to the people still in that future time.
Firstly, that sounds amazing. Secondly, it would be impossible to go forward in time (for the host). How would you know the other players' positions and actions in the future?

Oct 23 2010, 7:16 pm The Starport Post #32

I didn't say forward past the "present", necessarily. The closest thing I can think of to allow going into the future would be to repeat people's submitted turns until that future point is arrived at.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 23 2010, 7:42 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 9:02 pm poison_us Post #33

Back* from the grave

- Transmutes a gas mask for self
- Transmutes surrounding matter into an odorless poison gas
- ????
- Profit!
You forgot to transmute the gas outside of your mask. GG. I would seriously do that, if you do not specify "for self" as outside of the gas mask. You'd have to be super-specific about everything, even down to the gas mask, which doesnt even have a filter or tank, as far as I can tell.

Oct 23 2010, 9:08 pm The Starport Post #34

There's gonna be a lot of problems if you try to be too specific.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 9:24 pm poison_us Post #35

Back* from the grave

I can't very well have people running around spawning random gas masks (which didn't exist in the feudal era, but w/e) and odorless poison gas, now can I?

I would've thought someone would be like "create a gun, and 30 bullets, lolkthxbai!" so I would've been like "you need more than that lolkthxbai!"

Oct 24 2010, 5:59 am The Starport Post #36

The Alien - A deadly alien ends up on board a ship. It can kill crew members very stealthily and quickly, and is devilishly hard to kill. But to make matters worse, someone amongst your crew wants to cover up what's going on, and cannot leave any survivors (except possibly just the alien and himself). The crew must eliminate (or completely escape) both the alien and the traitor to win. The traitor must eliminate the rest of the crew and escape the ship alone. The alien basically just cares only about surviving. The escape shuttle is only available when the ship's auto destruct sequence has been activated past the point of no return, and only has life support capacity for 3 people for any long trip. Auto destruct can be remotely activated and deactivated by anyone (at least before its point of no return has elapsed), so it must be consensual.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Oct 24 2010, 8:02 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 27 2010, 1:54 pm The Starport Post #37

The Assassin - A 1v1 take on TKG: An assassin lingers inconspicuously amongst a crowd of NPCs, seeking to eliminate one target in particular. A sniper watches diligently from afar, trying to pick out who in the crowd who is the assassin before he hits his mark. Addition parameters can include:
  1. The sniper having only 1 bullet in his gun.
  2. The party is a costume party; identities are obscured by default.
  3. Many or all of the NPCs are very drunk; lots of unpredictable behavior.
  4. NPCs are coming and going.
  5. Blind spots exist for the sniper, but can be countered by him shifting position.
  6. The assassin gets different ways to hit their mark, including poisoning, explosives, metal carts, time before the party to rig traps, etc.
  7. The assassin can only make one kill (or at least only one obvious kill attempt), which results in a loss if it doesn't hit their mark.
  8. Badass rule is gone; players have to make efforts to maximize their odds of success.
  9. Sniper scope produces a laser dot that is visible to the assassin; other NPCs are too drunk and/or stupid to notice it.

There Can Only Be One - TKG with multiple killers who don't know each other and are not allied. Optionally, a killer wins when all other killers are dead (regardless of who else is still alive).

The Exorcist - A demonic spirit may possess anyone in the game, officially turning them into the killer. If the killer dies, the spirit is free to possess another player (maybe up to a limited number of times?). The spirit can be defeated by performing an exorcism ritual on a possessed player, but the player dies when this happens. Optionally, the spirit may also be allowed to override the actions of the possessed player.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Oct 27 2010, 11:23 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 28 2010, 1:43 am Roy Post #38

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

... lingers inconspicuously amongst a crowd of NPCs, seeking to eliminate one target in particular...
Oh come on; you stole this part from Azrael's current game.

Oct 28 2010, 4:23 am The Starport Post #39

Actually I stole it from this: http://spyparty.com/about/

:hurr:

None.

Oct 29 2010, 3:35 pm The Starport Post #40

The Elite - Players are stranded somewhere, and according to in-game parameters, only a few of them (5?) may ultimately be left alive by game's end. The catch is, only 1 player gets to decide who these are, but for this to happen, no one may openly protest this decision. Figure it out from there. :P

The Puppeteer - TKG, except the killer is able to control the actions of others. The only catch is, he may control no more than 2 players per turn. Rules might include limits against suicidal control actions, control needing to be within visual range, or the manipulator being unable to perform their own actions while controlling others.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Oct 29 2010, 5:03 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum