Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: TKG Brawl!
TKG Brawl!
Sep 30 2010, 2:50 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 912 >

Oct 5 2010, 6:30 am Neki Post #121

Ranged weapons are imba. :><:

None.

Oct 5 2010, 12:02 pm poison_us Post #122

Back* from the grave

Quote from Neki
Fucking tuxlar prolly gave him like 20 too.
We're both dead.

Oct 5 2010, 1:23 pm NudeRaider Post #123

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Neki
What kind of ranged weapon? And where is he? Maybe we can take him down together?

Oct 5 2010, 1:52 pm poison_us Post #124

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Neki
What kind of ranged weapon? And where is he? Maybe we can take him down together?
Oh, you taunt us so well.

Quote from poison_us
We're both dead.

Oct 5 2010, 2:01 pm The Starport Post #125

Quote from Neki
Naw.

I know something much more powerful. :crazy:

Notice: I think to be fair to everyone I should spell out a few "implicit" rules in effect at the moment:
  1. Same as with the first TKG, you're all still basically "badasses" right now. As long as you're clear about what you want to do, and as long as I could consider it possible for a person to do given the circumstances, I'll usually allow it. Some "common sense" restrictions apply.
  2. However, you're not very bright. Assume your character will perform magnificently according to your specifications, but if your specifications suck, then they'll suck as well. Should go without saying.
  3. I'm trying to be a bit generous with regards to the strict format of actions and movements, but I am also trying to stick to the explicit logic of people's turn PMs as well. For instance, if you've used up your actions, then try to move somewhere, but someone makes a clumsy attempt to attack you, and you have a dodge contingency specified, I wouldn't consider it unreasonable to consolidate a dodge into your movement if it doesn't make you go out of your way.
  4. Also, injuries have side effects! Badass or not, there's no way you're going to be kung fu Neo with a broken leg or half your blood drained from a wound or something like that. At least not in any game of mine! :crazy:
  5. I guess this occurred to me as common sense, but I think I should spell it out clearly, now that I've considered it: When you get hit "hard" with something that doesn't kill or disable you (or at least not right away), I generally consider everything you're doing on the time slot it occurs to basically be interrupted, and everything in the next slot to be "low priority", so to speak. This basically means if you get punched in the face, but have a counter attack action set, the person will get first dibs on whatever action they have in the next time slot, typically.
  6. Finally, and probably most importantly, I'm using fixed time slots for turns. I actually assumed we were doing this during the previous TKG the entire time, but since it was never explicitly spelled out, I'm spelling it out now. What this means is that each turn is effectively 4 time units, which can be filled at most with 3 actions and 1 movement in any order, but you can't extend beyond that frame. For example, you can't make an action to delay your other actions to begin, say, when someone else's actions have run their course. You CAN however say you'd like to do an action at the end of your turn, or even specifically in slot 4.

Just a few subtleties you might want to be aware of.

Post has been edited 13 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2010, 4:53 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Oct 5 2010, 4:21 pm poison_us Post #126

Back* from the grave

[action1]
[action2]
[move1]
[crouch to avoid metal carts]

Oct 5 2010, 4:31 pm Roy Post #127

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I just realized that you can't report people for this game, because we have no prior knowledge of the people we're slaughtering. Even if you take the bandages off and see a person's face, you won't know who the hell it is. I suppose you could see their face, find their wallet, match an ID to their face, and then check their pulse and report them, assuming they still have their ID on them and you want to waste 1.5 turns to report them.

Oct 5 2010, 4:33 pm The Starport Post #128

I never said you did or didn't have prior knowledge, by the way. Nor did I say report actions wouldn't work in either case. :awesome:

Not that anyone's managed to do one yet, obviously.

None.

Oct 5 2010, 5:32 pm Azrael Post #129

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Finally, and probably most importantly, I'm using fixed time slots for turns. I actually assumed we were doing this during the previous TKG the entire time, but since it was never explicitly spelled out, I'm spelling it out now. What this means is that each turn is effectively 4 time units, which can be filled at most with 3 actions and 1 movement in any order, but you can't extend beyond that frame. For example, you can't make an action to delay your other actions to begin, say, when someone else's actions have run their course. You CAN however say you'd like to do an action at the end of your turn, or even specifically in slot 4.

Yeah, this is the way to go. I'm doing it like this in TKG2 as well ^^

Oct 5 2010, 6:55 pm Neki Post #130

I never said you did or didn't have prior knowledge, by the way. Nor did I say report actions wouldn't work in either case. :awesome:

Not that anyone's managed to do one yet, obviously.
I'm more worried about my life than reporting, obviously. :awesome:

None.

Oct 5 2010, 7:00 pm The Starport Post #131

Fair enough. Just remember I didn't specifically remove the ability from this game. :awesome:

None.

Oct 5 2010, 7:02 pm poison_us Post #132

Back* from the grave

Quote from Roy
I just realized that you can't report people for this game, because we have no prior knowledge of the people we're slaughtering. Even if you take the bandages off and see a person's face, you won't know who the hell it is. I suppose you could see their face, find their wallet, match an ID to their face, and then check their pulse and report them, assuming they still have their ID on them and you want to waste 1.5 turns to report them.
My bandages are off, and I'm plastered all over the post your pix thread. I think you could identify me.

Oct 6 2010, 12:10 am The Starport Post #133

Guys I'm gonna need to make this a 48 hour turn. I'm completely out of time tonight.

We're almost at the end, by the way. :awesome:

None.

Oct 6 2010, 3:40 am Neki Post #134

Seriously, how can he dart us from a whole section away and hit us both in the neck, some sort of medieval dart thrower. :ermm:
EDIT:
Azrael.Wrath -- @Neki, everyone is a badass in TKG lol.
Azrael's right. Screw dying, dying are for people who suck at life. I am not one of those people, so through sheer willpower, I'm bringing myself back to life to kick some ass. WHO CARES IF I'VE LOST GALLONS OF BLOOD, I CERTAINLY DON'T.
Quote from Neki
@Tuxedo
Action 1: Realize how badass I am
Action 2: Using my willpower alone, manually start up my heart and vital organs.
Action 3: Kick ass.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 6 2010, 3:50 am by Neki.

None.

Oct 6 2010, 10:37 am MadZombie Post #135

NEKI. YOU CANNOT OPEN THE FIFTH GATE. WHATS LEFT OF YOUR BODY WON'T SURVIVE. DON'T USE THE FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE ;_;

None.

Oct 6 2010, 12:32 pm poison_us Post #136

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:f(._. )z
NEKI. YOU CANNOT OPEN THE FIFTH GATE. WHATS LEFT OF YOUR BODY WON'T SURVIVE. DON'T USE THE FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE ;_;
He's dead what does he care?

Oct 6 2010, 1:04 pm NudeRaider Post #137

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Guys I'm gonna need to make this a 48 hour turn. I'm completely out of time tonight.

We're almost at the end, by the way. :awesome:
I hope this doesn't mean that after Turn 5 the nerve gas is released. :unsure:

Oct 6 2010, 10:21 pm The Starport Post #138

Regardless, I'd hurry up in here if I were you. :awesome:

None.

Oct 6 2010, 10:32 pm TiKels Post #139

Are you considering hosting another?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 6 2010, 10:34 pm The Starport Post #140

Quote from TiKels
Are you considering hosting another?
Only when I get a proper database set up for tracking shit and a lot more free time than I have for this game.

I have a much more interesting scenario I want to try out later. :awesome:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 912 >
  Back to forum