Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Excalibur stepping up, I'm stepping down
Excalibur stepping up, I'm stepping down
Jun 10 2009, 8:25 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >

Jun 10 2009, 11:31 pm Excalibur Post #21

The sword and the faith

I know I haven't as of yet done anything in the communities eyes to warrant my position. I ask only that you give me time to prove to you what I seem to have already proven to IP. Trust his judgment if nothing else.

@Falkoner's SD comment:
I don't go into SD much, it isn't what I'm here for. I have no problem with you expressing your beliefs and discussing them with others. What bothers me is when you take someones beliefs and hold it against them, and make offensive comments based on them. That isn't going to go on under my watch. As long as you follow the rules, you've got nothing to worry about.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 10 2009, 11:40 pm Ultraviolet Post #22

I know I haven't as of yet done anything in the communities eyes to warrant my position. I ask only that you give me time to prove to you what I seem to have already proven to IP. Trust his judgment if nothing else.
IP has shown lack of judgment on many occasions before. He gave someone a mod position because he helped him code something. It wasn't relevant at all to what the guy helped him with, he just saw it as a reward for his help. Based on how flustered and defensive you got when I was just talking to you, I'm am fairly certain that you shouldn't have this job and likely won't keep it.

These logs might address any questions any of you have:

[collapse Ex Logs][19:14] #go\=-sFn: So you got the position because you're friends with IP?
[19:18] Excalibur: No
[19:18] Excalibur: Because I care more than anyone else, and I have good ideas
[19:18] Excalibur: I am the man for the job
[19:18] #go\=-sFn: I hope you don't mind me laughing in my seat.
[19:24] Excalibur: Oh ye of little faith
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: Might as well have faith in Echo, or HaZ, or TZ, or JaFF, or Falkoner, or Heinermann (probably the best choice out of them)
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: those are just some people online right now
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: OH! why not put DTBK back in command? That worked out so well.
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: And he was gmod for ages before that.
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: and far more mature than you
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: and this is coming from the guy he hated more than anyone
[19:26] #go\=-sFn: Nothing against you, really. I like you. I just don't think you're cut out to be admin.
[19:26] Excalibur: Nerdy, I know my record isn't stellar. But I'm going to do whatever I can to improve SEN, it means a lot to me. And if and when I fuck up, you can say I'm not the right man for the job. But until I do...
[19:26] #go\=-sFn: That's like saying we should give everyone trial adminship until they fuck up
[19:26] #go\=-sFn: Like any of the aforementioned people.
[19:27] Excalibur: I'm a v4, I have discussed at length my ideas and policies with IP and Moose, and I am head of ML 2.0, I am certainly much more entitled.
[19:27] Excalibur: I am an active poster and DB contributer as well.
[19:27] #go\=-sFn: Psh, you are not more entitled
[19:27] #go\=-sFn: Heinermann has been around since v1
[19:28] Excalibur: I was reffering to your comment of someone just signing up getting it
[19:28] #go\=-sFn: Being head of ML 2.0 just means you were like 'waaaah i miss ml. i'm gonna restart it.' and managed to gather a group of followers
[19:28] Excalibur: I agree Heinermann is very qualified, hes a good guy
[19:28] Excalibur: Id like to see him as staff
[19:28] #go\=-sFn: If it were between you and him, he should be admin.
[19:28] Excalibur: I agree.
[19:28] Excalibur: But he isn't, and I am, and that's the brakes.
[19:29] #go\=-sFn: breaks?
[19:31] #go\=-sFn: Why do we even need another admin?
[19:31] Excalibur: Moose is tired and doesn't have an infinite amount of time, IP wants to focus on coding alone and doesn't want to bother with the community.
[19:31] #go\=-sFn: Don't need an admin to moderate people
[19:32] Excalibur: I have been an up-in-arms heckler who's got plans to improve SEN, they're giving me a shot at it.
[19:32] Excalibur: I
[19:32] #go\=-sFn: Merrell has more than shown that
[19:32] #go\=-sFn: You don't know how to code anything
[19:32] Excalibur: I'm not here to mod, I am here to make harder moderation policies, focus on community direction.
[19:32] #go\=-sFn: you being an admin doesn't serve any purpose except to give you a big stick
[19:32] Excalibur: Look, if you're just going to make snide comments and disregard my intentions, for which I was hired, you can fuck off mate.
[19:32] Excalibur: :)
[19:33] #go\=-sFn: snide comments? Everything I'm saying is true. And that makes you mad.
[19:33] Excalibur: It is not true.
[19:33] Excalibur: Me being admin serves a purpose, one you just cant seem to see.
[19:33] Excalibur: But that's okay, you'll see if you stick around.
[19:34] Excalibur: Anyway I'm done with this, if you want to be civil at any point, you can let me know when, but as for right now, I'd rather eat and watch MASH. Much more entertaining.[/collapse]

Jun 10 2009, 11:41 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
IP has shown lack of judgment on many occasions before. He gave someone a mod position because he helped him code something. It wasn't relevant at all to what the guy helped him with, he just saw it as a reward for his help. Based on how flustered and defensive you got when I was just talking to you, I'm am fairly certain that you shouldn't have this job and likely won't keep it.

These logs might address any questions any of you have:

[collapse Ex Logs][19:14] #go\=-sFn: So you got the position because you're friends with IP?
[19:18] Excalibur: No
[19:18] Excalibur: Because I care more than anyone else, and I have good ideas
[19:18] Excalibur: I am the man for the job
[19:18] #go\=-sFn: I hope you don't mind me laughing in my seat.
[19:24] Excalibur: Oh ye of little faith
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: Might as well have faith in Echo, or HaZ, or TZ, or JaFF, or Falkoner, or Heinermann (probably the best choice out of them)
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: those are just some people online right now
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: OH! why not put DTBK back in command? That worked out so well.
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: And he was gmod for ages before that.
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: and far more mature than you
[19:25] #go\=-sFn: and this is coming from the guy he hated more than anyone
[19:26] #go\=-sFn: Nothing against you, really. I like you. I just don't think you're cut out to be admin.
[19:26] Excalibur: Nerdy, I know my record isn't stellar. But I'm going to do whatever I can to improve SEN, it means a lot to me. And if and when I fuck up, you can say I'm not the right man for the job. But until I do...
[19:26] #go\=-sFn: That's like saying we should give everyone trial adminship until they fuck up
[19:26] #go\=-sFn: Like any of the aforementioned people.
[19:27] Excalibur: I'm a v4, I have discussed at length my ideas and policies with IP and Moose, and I am head of ML 2.0, I am certainly much more entitled.
[19:27] Excalibur: I am an active poster and DB contributer as well.
[19:27] #go\=-sFn: Psh, you are not more entitled
[19:27] #go\=-sFn: Heinermann has been around since v1
[19:28] Excalibur: I was reffering to your comment of someone just signing up getting it
[19:28] #go\=-sFn: Being head of ML 2.0 just means you were like 'waaaah i miss ml. i'm gonna restart it.' and managed to gather a group of followers
[19:28] Excalibur: I agree Heinermann is very qualified, hes a good guy
[19:28] Excalibur: Id like to see him as staff
[19:28] #go\=-sFn: If it were between you and him, he should be admin.
[19:28] Excalibur: I agree.
[19:28] Excalibur: But he isn't, and I am, and that's the brakes.
[19:29] #go\=-sFn: breaks?
[19:31] #go\=-sFn: Why do we even need another admin?
[19:31] Excalibur: Moose is tired and doesn't have an infinite amount of time, IP wants to focus on coding alone and doesn't want to bother with the community.
[19:31] #go\=-sFn: Don't need an admin to moderate people
[19:32] Excalibur: I have been an up-in-arms heckler who's got plans to improve SEN, they're giving me a shot at it.
[19:32] Excalibur: I
[19:32] #go\=-sFn: Merrell has more than shown that
[19:32] #go\=-sFn: You don't know how to code anything
[19:32] Excalibur: I'm not here to mod, I am here to make harder moderation policies, focus on community direction.
[19:32] #go\=-sFn: you being an admin doesn't serve any purpose except to give you a big stick
[19:32] Excalibur: Look, if you're just going to make snide comments and disregard my intentions, for which I was hired, you can fuck off mate.
[19:32] Excalibur: :)
[19:33] #go\=-sFn: snide comments? Everything I'm saying is true. And that makes you mad.
[19:33] Excalibur: It is not true.
[19:33] Excalibur: Me being admin serves a purpose, one you just cant seem to see.
[19:33] Excalibur: But that's okay, you'll see if you stick around.
[19:34] Excalibur: Anyway I'm done with this, if you want to be civil at any point, you can let me know when, but as for right now, I'd rather eat and watch MASH. Much more entertaining.[/collapse]

I stand by everything I said including the tidbit you put in your signature.

Keep going, I like where you're headed.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 10 2009, 11:43 pm Ultraviolet Post #24

Me too. I hope you get mad enough to ban me for something that isn't against the rules, to prove your incompetence :)

Jun 10 2009, 11:45 pm WoAHorde Post #25

Aggravating an admin is a stupid path to take Nerdy. I've read through your chat log, and Ex has every right to be an admin. Just because you have personal qualms with him for whatever past actions doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the position of being an administrator.

None.

Jun 10 2009, 11:47 pm Ultraviolet Post #26

Quote from WoAHorde
Aggravating an admin is a stupid path to take Nerdy. I've read through your chat log, and Ex has every right to be an admin. Just because you have personal qualms with him for whatever past actions doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the position of being an administrator.
Apparently you didn't read all of it.

Jun 10 2009, 11:49 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #27

Just here for the activity... well not really

IMHO, Ex for power is great, but Admin is a little overkill. Make him like, global moderator or something, because I'll bet if he didn't have that admin globe bitching would decrease 70% >_>

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 10 2009, 11:51 pm WoAHorde Post #28

Poor word choice on my part. However, I'm assuming you don't want him to be an admin because of some of his past choices. Ex has come aways and has matured in the process. He is one of the few people on this forum who have the activity and judgement to be a high ranking staff.

None.

Jun 10 2009, 11:53 pm Excalibur Post #29

The sword and the faith

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
IMHO, Ex for power is great, but Admin is a little overkill. Make him like, global moderator or something, because I'll bet if he didn't have that admin globe bitching would decrease 70% >_>
I'm not here to just moderate. I'm here to make sure moderation policies get tougher, and work on community direction.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 10 2009, 11:54 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #30

I'm quite sure I've not been under a rock lately, but it sure feels like I have been. :P

I have to second this..

In light of what is apparently going on with "Maplantis 2," this indeed seems to me less of a joke and more of one of the final nails in the coffin of this site.

None.

Jun 10 2009, 11:56 pm WoAHorde Post #31

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
I'm quite sure I've not been under a rock lately, but it sure feels like I have been. :P

I have to second this..

In light of what is apparently going on with "Maplantis 2," this indeed seems to me less of a joke and more of one of the final nails in the coffin of this site.

Quote from name: devilesk
devilesk says (4:55 PM):
SEE DTBK UNDERSTANDS

Speaking for devilesk

None.

Jun 10 2009, 11:57 pm Centreri Post #32

Relatively ancient and inactive

I actually agree with NerdyTerdy in regards to Excalibur's qualifications, it does seem like he's getting a trial run as administrator, and that seems very strange. I won't say anything positive about the admin-baiting or insults, though :P.

But I will point out:
Moose is tired and doesn't have an infinite amount of time, IP wants to focus on coding alone and doesn't want to bother with the community.

And I'll note that it makes more sense for my theory that it'll take a week or two to get ML2 running, since it doesn't make much sense to give someone administrator experience for only four days before the real thing starts.

None.

Jun 10 2009, 11:59 pm Ultraviolet Post #33

Quote from WoAHorde

I have to second this..

SEE DTBK UNDERSTANDS

Speaking for devilesk
Third'd.

Jun 11 2009, 12:01 am Excalibur Post #34

The sword and the faith

Quote from WoAHorde

I have to second this..

SEE DTBK UNDERSTANDS

Speaking for devilesk
Third'd.
If that's what is really going on, then not only am I not in on it, but I don't mind it either.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 11 2009, 12:15 am Centreri Post #35

Relatively ancient and inactive

I must say, I'm a bit hurt that everyone's agreeing with DTBK and not me, though I said the same thing and considerably earlier. :flamer:

None.

Jun 11 2009, 12:16 am Ultraviolet Post #36

Quote from Centreri
I must say, I'm a bit hurt that everyone's agreeing with DTBK and not me, though I said the same thing and considerably earlier. :flamer:
He said it in a poetic way. Gotta love DTBK's way with words.

Jun 11 2009, 12:20 am Polaris Post #37

Quote from WoAHorde

I have to second this..

SEE DTBK UNDERSTANDS

Speaking for devilesk
Third'd.
As Excalibur mentioned, he is not in on any sort of "plan" to take down SEN and merge it with the new Maplantis. ML2.0 was in production long before Ex was offered an admin position. Now, whether or not the intention of Moose and IP is to sink this site, I'm not sure, but I heavily doubt it.

I also fully support Excalibur as an admin. He may have took a giant leap into power, but he can certainly use it for the betterment of SEN. His ideas for moderation will definitely keep the cesspool of crap out of the site, and I strongly look forward to that.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Jun 11 2009, 12:43 am Ultraviolet Post #38

Deletion reason: Sarcasm, like flattery, will get you nowhere.
Sarcasm is not funny. Especially not when it involves you and your fancy new position.

Anyway, Devilesk and I have been talking, and we've come to the conclusion that what we are doing is not productive. What we should be doing is finding an alternative to Ex, to help solve IP's problem, because Ex is clearly the wrong candidate. We've pondered who would actually make a good admin, and that everyone likes. We came to the conclusion that Farty would fill this slot much better than Ex ever could. Everyone loves Farty, he's been around much longer than Ex, and he's in a more neutral position in this whole matter. With this, IP's problem of needing help is solved, and our problem of being administrated by an incompetent administrator is also solved. Sounds good, no?

Jun 11 2009, 12:49 am WoAHorde Post #39

Farty? He's not active enough to warrant the admin position. Being an admin requires activity and judgement above all else. Ex has both. If you want to keep digging yourself your grave, go right ahead. You won't be missed.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 12:58 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #40

👻 👾 👽 💪

I may not stare at the forum all hours of the day, but I am still present. ;o
Nerdy got the whole "neutral" thing right, though. :P *chases butterflies*

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >
  Back to forum