Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Excalibur stepping up, I'm stepping down
Excalibur stepping up, I'm stepping down
Jun 10 2009, 8:25 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

Jun 11 2009, 12:59 am Ultraviolet Post #41

My grave? Because I can be banned for not liking the admin? Right. That would just prove that everything I've said about Ex is true.

Ex's judgment is questionable, and his public view is even more so. Farty's judgment and public view are both excellent. As far as activity goes, devilesk and I have been discussing more solutions to IP's problem of needing more moderation. The solution is obvious, appoint more mods (not another admin, I mean honestly, where's the logic there?). A few of our ideas for mods are: Centreri, Killer Kow, and EzDay. All of them have a pretty neutral public view, as far as I know, and they all are reasonable people. Excellent qualities for mods.

Jun 11 2009, 1:01 am DT_Battlekruser Post #42

I don't say that there is a "plan" afoot, but it does seem to me awfully difficult to be the admin of two (competing) sites at once. It bothered me when, in regard to ML, Excalibur said "we will be up soon". It just feels like SEN has already been sold and is no more.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 1:03 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #43

Just here for the activity... well not really

Farty might be a considerable choice, seeing as he also codes >_>

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 11 2009, 1:06 am Excalibur Post #44

The sword and the faith

All right, enough.

Nerdy,
It is not your job, right, or privilege to find me a replacement. You are not IP, you are not Moose, and you are not me. That's right, I'm the admin here, and you are the user. The user who is purposefully antagonizing and disrespecting me, a staff member. Which I believe is indeed a violation.

I'm giving you 24 hours to cool off. If you come back with the same attitude, I am going to discuss a more permanent solution with IP and Moose.

Yes, it's my first day on the job, yes I went from member to admin, and yes I personally have something against Nerdy right now for all his remarks. But if someone was being this rude to Moose or IP, I doubt anyone would be half as against them doing what I am now. If you don't like it, feel free to whine to IP and Moose, bawwing that Ex is being a meanie.

I hope I have made myself very, very clear.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 11 2009, 1:13 am Centreri Post #45

Relatively ancient and inactive

I mean I know that in novels, when you act tough when you're supposed to act tough it's considered a virtue, but now you're just trying to stop discussion of the issue. Many of the points brought up by Nerdy were valid.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 1:14 am WoAHorde Post #46

Why Cent? Because he brought up your name? Nerdy was trying to aggravate Ex. He can come back in 24 hours; It's an internet forum, why do you guys bitch so much about it?

None.

Jun 11 2009, 1:17 am Excalibur Post #47

The sword and the faith

Quote from Centreri
I mean I know that in novels, when you act tough when you're supposed to act tough it's considered a virtue, but now you're just trying to stop discussion of the issue. Many of the points brought up by Nerdy were valid.
If he wasn't so rude when doing it, and he was clearly trying to cause a scene so don't even go there Cent, I wouldn't have done anything. Though I did already have to delete one pointless post of his. He went too far, and that's that.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 11 2009, 1:17 am Centreri Post #48

Relatively ancient and inactive

Now I'm annoyed at you, Horde. I already expressed some support for Nerdy prior to him bringing up my name for moderator (which I won't get, because I annoy Moose a lot). I know Nerdy was trying to aggravate Ex, but he was also bringing up valid points while doing it. And, what, the first person to express real opposition to Ex gets suspended? Where's the incentive to discuss anything relating to the issue?

Anyway, I'll stop. Not much I can do here. We'll see what happens, I'll see if my theory was correct, and we'll be looking to see if Ex is doing something he couldn't have done as a GM ;).

EDIT: I wrote this waaaay too nice-like. People would think I was trying to seem moderator-like. So, Horde, you're completely wrong and you're just going for Excalibur because either A: you have a fetish or B: you want SEN to burn so Maplantis 2.0 would have no competition.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 11 2009, 1:38 am by Centreri.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 1:51 am WoAHorde Post #49

Both of your reasons are wrong. I support Excal because he's right here. If you knew the history between Ex and I, you'd know that it's hardly gleaming or pretty.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 1:55 am Excalibur Post #50

The sword and the faith

Quote from WoAHorde
Both of your reasons are wrong. I support Excal because he's right here. If you knew the history between Ex and I, you'd know that it's hardly gleaming or pretty.
This is true. There were times when Horde wanted to tar and feather me worse than Nerdy probably does right now. Go check the MM forum for locked modnight topics. You'll see.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 11 2009, 1:59 am scwizard Post #51

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Ex's judgment is questionable, and his public view is even more so.
Assertions without evidence are useless. Stop trying to stir up drama.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 2:02 am BiOAtK Post #52

Cent should be a mod. Ex should not be an admin. 3: I'm off to bed.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 2:03 am scwizard Post #53

Quote from Centreri
I know Nerdy was trying to aggravate Ex, but he was also bringing up valid points while doing it.
Saying "Excalibur has questionable judgment" isn't a valid point, it's a politely worded personal attack. Saying "Excalibur has questionable judgment, here are some examples" is.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 2:12 am Symmetry Post #54

Dungeon Master

I don't get it. A few weeks ago, Excalibur was asking me for ideas as to how he could get banned from SEN because he hated this website and community so much. Now he's an admin?

I do not understand, nor do I approve.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 11 2009, 2:13 am Excalibur Post #55

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
I don't get it. A few weeks ago, Excalibur was asking me for ideas as to how he could get banned from SEN because he hated this website and community so much. Now he's an admin?

I was rather angry at the time. :ermm:

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 11 2009, 2:14 am Symmetry Post #56

Dungeon Master

Quote from Excalibur

Surely "prone to anger" is not the first thing one puts on their administration resume...

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jun 11 2009, 2:15 am Excalibur Post #57

The sword and the faith

Quote from Excalibur

Surely "prone to anger" is not the first thing one puts on their administration resume...
I quite agree, but since IP hired me and I've yet to do anything like that...

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 11 2009, 2:15 am scwizard Post #58

Now this is legitimate evidence.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 2:40 am DT_Battlekruser Post #59

I don't think such a resume exists, not with IP doing the hiring anyway.

None.

Jun 11 2009, 2:59 am Heinermann Post #60

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

The Admins can do whatever the fuck they want, and you can't do anything about it. That's how it works. The end.
Making the internet look like a democracy is just foolish.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum